Menu laggy and upsidedown

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Peter222
    Participant
      @swietlikowa

Hi

Just installed PinUp System with Wiki instructions… I have 2 monitors, Playfield 2560 x 1440 and Blackglass 1600 x 1200. Landscape in Windows settings (no reverse!).

PinUp Display  Config with no rotation.

When run popper menu, everything is upsidedown and laggy. What could be the cause?

Peter222
      Participant
        @swietlikowa

Sorry, the menu is already OK (stupid mistake – the playfield monitor was physically wrongly rotated) :)
        There is still a problem with the menu lags.

TerryRed
          @terryred
          MemberContributorModerator

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Sorry, the menu is already OK (stupid mistake – the playfield monitor was physically wrongly rotated) :)

There is still a problem with the menu lags.</p>

You will want to get the 2K Tarcisio Wheel BAR images found here:

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/tarcisios-theme-coloured-wheelbars/

…and use those 2K images to replace all the default wheelbar images, so they match your screen’s resolutions. Otherwise you will get slow performance because Popper is rescaling your BAR all the time.

Also…when you first are running Popper after adding a lot of games and wheels images…then it will run laggy until you browse through your wheels once. This is because Popper builds up a cache for your images. This is usually only the case when adding a lot of tables at one time, or adding a lot of new wheels at one time,etc.

Peter222
          Participant
            @swietlikowa

Thank You… it looks better but background  animation still is not smooth, artifacts appear on playfield (blackglass is better)

TerryRed
              @terryred

Thank You… it looks better but background animation still is not smooth, artifacts appear on playfield (blackglass is better)

Same principle. You want to have media that matches as best as possible. Also depends on your hardware how well the videos may run. That said having new clean media running at 30fps makes a big difference.

What specific PF videos are acting up. If it’s the video from Tarcisio Theme…those tend to be more demanding.

Peter222
              Participant
                @swietlikowa

Something is wrong…. I have hardware on which very advanced tables run smoothly, which is not so that the usual menu does not work properly? Surely it’s not that I have to improve the hardware for the menu itself :) What else can I improve the settings? I really like PinUp, certainly more than pinballx, it’s better to configure it…. but these lags are terrible :(

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Something is setup wrong if it’s laggy. Re watch the setup videos and make certain your screens are setup correctly and sized correctly

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                  for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Thank You… it looks better but background animation still is not smooth, artifacts appear on playfield (blackglass is better)

If you are using the default Tarcisio playfield videos…those in particular are very demanding…don’t know why. For my older setup in 4K they also had the same problem. Other videos….and videos I’ve recorded in Popper run much better.

The reason is 4K videos can vary a lot with the format, codec, pixel format (4:2:0 is fast, 4:4:4 is slow)…so we found what works well with vlc. When you record videos in Popper (and if they recorded well), when Popper converts them to a “better” format…then they should play much better.

Also, the FFMPEG scripts I provided convert most videos to a similar format.

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/terryreds-ffmpeg-video-converter-scripts/

If the menu / wheels are lagging…..it may be because its building up a cache of all your wheels. This will make the menu a bit laggy.

Peter222
                    Participant
                      @swietlikowa

I tried to convert but it was still not smooth…. finally I replaced animations with static graphics, now it’s OK.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?