metallica help

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    HauntFreaks
      @hauntfreaks
      vipContributorMember

well there is one of two thing that can be done… one is to have someone teamviewer into your machine and see if they can see the reason or and sometimes its just one of those things, and not include the table… its rare but sometimes its the only answer

also list any other tables that wont run in your machine, that can also give clues to the issue…

Fester1979
      Participant
        @fester1979

FIXED!!!!!…..

by chance I downloaded the updated TOTAN table released over the last couple of days….and similar issue. I then remembered a thread with someone else stating they had an issue with TOTAN after updating DOFconfig etc…worked before now doesn’t…something to do with “modulated flashers”…sorry, I don’t know what this means!

Anyway…to solve the problem I had to go into the DOF config tool for Metallica and TOTAN and remove word “nobool” from all the flasher entries….and hey presto Metallica and TOTAN both working fine!

don’t know whether this is going to happen on more tables or the reason for the “modulated flasher?”

Any way both tables are amazing!

Thank you to everyone for their time in helping me

Sean

phlove
        Participant
          @phlove

i would like to push this cause i got the same problem with no DOF at this table.

So what i do i open DOF config , go to the mtl_170h rom , click on generate config and then i put the tablemapping just in the tables folder ?

Regards

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

No. table mapping goes into dof’s config subfolder.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            phlove
            Participant
              @phlove

ok thanks ill try this regards

outhere
                @outhere
                MemberContributorvipModerator

Go to the DOF config tool website, Click on table config And find Metallica limited edition and selected the rom that matches the one in the game…
                Then go to the bottom of the screen Click Generate config, Download the file and unzip the file And put those files In your config folder and that folder is inside of your directoutput folder

phlove
                Participant
                  @phlove

so what i did sofar,

tablemappings / mtl_170h

pinmame 3.2

10.6 beta installed

b2s activated etc.

the only table that is not working is metallica.

any other suggestions ?

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

Well. all those things except the first one would either fail or work. So you have to re-check configtool and the file you download. Verify that the rom name is actually inside the config.

llyrric
                    Participant
                      @llyrric

OK, I’ve spent a few hours trying to get this same problem to work now.  I get no addressable led effects from Metallica.  I’ve tried the colored and non colored version.  I tried removing the “nobool” from dof configtool and that also didn’t work.  Adressables work on other tables.  I am using the hauntfreaks 1.5 version of the table.  Is there more troubleshooting I can do to see why just this table appears to be giving me trouble?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by llyrric.
                      outhere
                        @outhere
                        MemberContributorvipModerator

OK, I’ve spent a few hours trying to get this same problem to work now. I get no addressable led effects from Metallica. I’ve tried the colored and non colored version. I tried removing the “nobool” from dof configtool and that also didn’t work. Adressables work on other tables. I am using the hauntfreaks 1.5 version of the table. Is there more troubleshooting I can do to see why just this table appears to be giving me trouble?

There are only Flashers and Strobe for the back

llyrric
                        Participant
                          @llyrric

Ah thanks.  I think I might try my hand at adding some more effects in then.  If it works out, I can upload them to the tool for everyone right?

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

Yes. You can ship it off as a suggestion and it might get approved globally for everyone. Or, that is at least my understanding of how it works.

llyrric
                            Participant
                              @llyrric

OK, Took a couplf hours to tweak it and figure out what I was doing, but I have submitted the config for consideration in dofconfigtool.  It was quite fun, and big thanks to Terry red for the info videos and the cheater spreadsheet.

Viewing 13 posts - 21 through 33 (of 33 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?