Metallica Premium Monsters (Stern 2013) – BRY_4K

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    TNT2
    Participant
      @tnt2

Thanks for clarifying Haunt.

I reduced the emission scale to 2 and I am still seeing the white. It must be because of the angle I am using in the desktop view. I wonder why it was more of a gray with Mike’s version of the table.

grlat2
      Participant
        @grlat2

Help!!!Where do I find the ROM to go with this table??

Thanks

Sliderpoint
        Participant
          @sliderpoint
          MemberContributor

Thanks for clarifying Haunt. I reduced the emission scale to 2 and I am still seeing the white. It must be because of the angle I am using in the desktop view. I wonder why it was more of a gray with Mike’s version of the table.

He is using a different environment image.  I use Test8 for mine.  It’s still in the table if you want try that one.

-Mike

1 user thanked author for this post.
          TNT2
          Participant
            @tnt2

That worked perfect. Thanks Mike.

HauntFreaks
              @hauntfreaks
              vipContributorMember

Thanks for clarifying Haunt. I reduced the emission scale to 2 and I am still seeing the white. It must be because of the angle I am using in the desktop view. I wonder why it was more of a gray with Mike’s version of the table.

oh… yeah I’m in FS so like Mike was saying before it will look different at every modified POV setting….

oh and I looked at your ramps… the models looks great… so I misspoke for sure thinking it might needed new ramps….  :good:

TNT2
              Participant
                @tnt2

This table is so awesome. Super crisp. Again getting closer and closer to photo realism. For my desktop view Mike’s ramps look a bit better so it’s like having the best of both worlds!

byancey
                Participant
                  @byancey

Thanks for the hard work on this table, very nice….. On any 3 ball multiball it gets slightly choppy for me…. lose one ball and its fine with 2 :) Any ideas to eliminate the chop? I tried disabling 4x and AO…..same chop.

Do you see the same choppiness with 3-balls on Sliderpoint’s version of the Table?  The only changes I made to the original table that I would think might impact performance was increasing the size of the playfield and apron images to 4K.

byancey
                  Participant
                    @byancey

He is using a different environment image. I use Test8 for mine. It’s still in the table if you want try that one. -Mike

I actually played around with several different environmental images before settling back on the default “environment.hdr” for my setup.    In addition to the Test8 image that Slidepoint used, the other environmental images I played with are still in the table prefixed with “env_”.  It’s kind of interesting to play around with them to see the difference it makes on the table lighting.

TNT2
                    Participant
                      @tnt2

Thanks to byancey, Mike, and Fren for their hard work on this one. It really is a stunning table.

bha19
                      Participant
                        @bha19

This has to be one of my favorite table so thanks for that. I do have one small problem with the table: To light mystery you have to light the 2 upper lanes and 3 lower lanes and I know you can cycle with the flipper buttons, but my problem is seeing the 2 upper lanes lights on my desktop monitor to work toward mystery or to score skill shot. Is there a way to correct this?

Nemo
                        Participant
                          @nemo

Ohhh man, what a graphics update indeed ! Had some peeps over and we went straight in, cranked the volume and played the *&^%$ out of it, got a some real good scoring games, heck we ALL did !

With some cold beers a perfect afternoon, thanks ALL for your effort on this, much appreciated !

arcadezz
                          Participant
                            @arcadezz

Hi, yes, I tried sliderpoints version and same chop…strange.

Thalamus
                              @thalamus
                              ContributorMemberModerator

@hauntfreaks What environment file do you use ? And you said that you enabled some lights ?

Sliderpoint
                              Participant
                                @sliderpoint
                                MemberContributor

This has to be one of my favorite table so thanks for that. I do have one small problem with the table: To light mystery you have to light the 2 upper lanes and 3 lower lanes and I know you can cycle with the flipper buttons, but my problem is seeing the 2 upper lanes lights on my desktop monitor to work toward mystery or to score skill shot. Is there a way to correct this?

There are two “reflections” added to the metal orbit wall behind the top roll overs for that exact reason. Look for those if you can.

byancey
                                Participant
                                  @byancey

There are two “reflections” added to the metal orbit wall behind the top roll overs for that exact reason. Look for those if you can.

Your other option is to reduce the Field of View in the Backdrop settings from 65 to around 30 or 35.  At that FOV, the upper lane lights become visible again.

byancey
                                  Participant
                                    @byancey

You mentioned disbaling 4X and AO.  How about cranking down other settings that might impact performance.  Un-check everything but Texture Compression and crank the slider for detail level all the way down.

Also, what version of VPX are you using?  I’ve only used this table on VPX 10.3, and I’m pretty sure that’s what Sliderpoint recommends as well.  Might make a difference.

Mark70
                                    Participant
                                      @mark70

Thanks for the hard work on this table, very nice….. On any 3 ball multiball it gets slightly choppy for me…. lose one ball and its fine with 2 :) Any ideas to eliminate the chop? I tried disabling 4x and AO…..same chop.

Vsync  is disabled in the table options (FPS Limiter / Vsync), I changed it back to from 0 (disabled) to -1 (default) and it is smooth now.
                                      Maybe this works for you too..

HauntFreaks
                                        @hauntfreaks
                                        vipContributorMember

these are my smooth play settings…. I also run in forced fullscreen

Capture

Attachments:
                                        bha19
                                        Participant
                                          @bha19

You mentioned disbaling 4X and AO. How about cranking down other settings that might impact performance. Un-check everything but Texture Compression and crank the slider for detail level all the way down. Also, what version of VPX are you using? I’ve only used this table on VPX 10.3, and I’m pretty sure that’s what Sliderpoint recommends as well. Might make a difference.

Your other option is to reduce the Field of View in the Backdrop settings from 65 to around 30 or 35. At that FOV, the upper lane lights become visible again.

I hope it does not ruin game play but I went to 35 like you suggested and all is fine now. Thanks for the tip.

roar
                                          Participant
                                            @roar

Are there multiple modes for the coffin lock? I hit the captive ball the required number of times but the magnet doesn’t catch the ball on the last lock and the hammer doesn’t send the ball into the coffin… I only saw this happen once so I’m not sure if I’m just not starting the right mode to see it or not or if it should happen on all locks for coffin mult-ball.

Table looks great.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 119 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?