Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 19 posts - 101 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    32assassin
    Participant
    @32assassin

their are 3 patch files for Metallica

LE version 1.64

LE version 1.70

Pro version 1.70

you should only use the Pro patch with the Pro ROM,

and the LE patch with the LE ROM

rom patches are not interchangeable and you cannot use version X patch with Rom version Y.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Tyson
    Participant
    @tyson171

I agree 100%.  I thought I was using the LE rom the whole time, and I was actually using the Pro version.  Just more of a PSA to everyone to double check your roms versions sometimes!

I should have known better when I was changing the name in the rom script that something was off, but this tends to happen when your updating 15 tables on your cabinet, adding dmd color support to your games, finishing up FX3 support,updating DOF, DOFlinx, VpinMame builds, and making everything work smoothly!  Things start to blur together after awhile!

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

Oh. I’ve been there. Zipping down Stern rom’s while enjoying a beer or two wasn’t the best idea :) Ended up playing twd pro on the LE.

Reaper802
    Participant
    @reaper802

Why was v1.3 never uploaded as a final build?  I just got lucky and stumbled on it last night.  It’s a huge improvement over v1.2!

HauntFreaks
    @hauntfreaks
    vipContributorMember

Why was v1.3 never uploaded as a final build? I just got lucky and stumbled on it last night. It’s a huge improvement over v1.2!

its a user mod, its the builders choice if he wants to use it as an official download
    anyway thanks for enjoying 1.3

Kernel
    Participant
    @kern

I can’t for the life of me get the color rom to work, anyone else ever encounter this? I updated my SAM to 3.1, patched the rom several times, and all I get is a black/white rom. Anyone willing to share a working patched color rom? Not sure whatelse I can try. (Also check in the rom options and color is set, and all other color roms work fine on my system).

*Edit*

Actually took away the modified rom, just put back the original mtl_170hc from stern, used an alt palette file, and it is now color somehow without the patch. Maybe just the pin2dmd.pal is just that good? Looks good to me though!

*Edit2*

Finally figured this out, the pin2dmd.pal file that comes packaged with the color patch is broken. If you just use a pin2dmd.pal from the altcolor packs over at VPuniverse the color patch then starts to work. Ignore my edit above, I must have had the patched rom in an unzipped folder, and VP grabbed that file first).

I have the same exact problem. All other colored roms working fine. How have you solved? It seems a pin2dmd.pal problem.

dreamtrap
    Participant
    @dreamtrap

tried renaming the rom MTL180LE  to both mtl_170hc and mtl_170h both zipped and in roms folder but still get error 93 line?

charlieshakur
    Participant
    @charlieshakur

could someone point me in the rite direction for the color mod for this table please can only see pro and LE color rom patch ???

charlieshakur
    Participant
    @charlieshakur

done the rom finally so what is different with 1.3v of this table ??

joselito40
    Participant
    @joselito40

How to activate the DOF in this table?

I have DOF well installed, and it is the only table that does not work for me.

Any solution?

thanks.

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

Yes. You have to login to your dof account and there find Metallica. You have to use the dropdown to match the rom that is actually enabled in the table. Mismatch, and there will be no DOF at all.

robwaade
    Participant
    @robwaade

cant delete post i got into sorry

dgrace
    Participant
    @dgrace

I can’t for the life of me get the color rom to work, anyone else ever encounter this? I updated my SAM to 3.1, patched the rom several times, and all I get is a black/white rom.  Anyone willing to share a working patched color rom?  Not sure whatelse I can try. (Also check in the rom options and color is set, and all other color roms work fine on my system).

*Edit*

Actually took away the modified rom, just put back the original mtl_170hc from stern, used an alt palette file, and it is now color somehow without the patch.  Maybe just the pin2dmd.pal is just that good?  Looks good to me though!

*Edit2*

Finally figured this out, the pin2dmd.pal file that comes packaged with the color patch is broken.  If you just use a pin2dmd.pal from the altcolor packs over at VPuniverse the color patch then starts to work.  Ignore my edit above, I must have had the patched rom in an unzipped folder, and VP grabbed that file first).

Tyson, I’m still struggling to get Metallica colored rom/dmd to work. Any chance you could share your pallette and pal file or whatever files you used to get it working? It’s one of the remaining color dmds I can’t seem to get working. Thanks

rob3d
    Participant
    @rob3d

I can’t for the life of me get the color rom to work, anyone else ever encounter this? I updated my SAM to 3.1, patched the rom several times, and all I get is a black/white rom. Anyone willing to share a working patched color rom? Not sure whatelse I can try. (Also check in the rom options and color is set, and all other color roms work fine on my system).

*Edit*

Actually took away the modified rom, just put back the original mtl_170hc from stern, used an alt palette file, and it is now color somehow without the patch. Maybe just the pin2dmd.pal is just that good? Looks good to me though!

*Edit2*

Finally figured this out, the pin2dmd.pal file that comes packaged with the color patch is broken. If you just use a pin2dmd.pal from the altcolor packs over at VPuniverse the color patch then starts to work. Ignore my edit above, I must have had the patched rom in an unzipped folder, and VP grabbed that file first).

Tyson, I’m still struggling to get Metallica colored rom/dmd to work. Any chance you could share your pallette and pal file or whatever files you used to get it working? It’s one of the remaining color dmds I can’t seem to get working. Thanks

I’m having the same issue.  I finally got the rom patched with files from sterns game code page, but the output is black and white.  I tried various .pal files and nothing seems to work.  Does anyone have a confirmed working .pal file?

rob3d
    Participant
    @rob3d

Found a solution that works finally.

• Patch the rom from sterns game code site
    • rename the patched bin file mtl180hc.bin
    • right click send to > compressed (zipped) folder
    • rename the zip mtl_180hc
    nicoy3k
    Participant
    @nicoy3k

does this table use a fire button? I find that the ball gets stuck in the snake/scoop

ROCStorm
    Participant
    @rocstorm

does this table use a fire button? I find that the ball gets stuck in the snake/scoop

I think that’s a bug in VPX.  I’ve noticed the ball “hovering” around scoops on other tables as well.  Have you tried to shake the machine?  I find that works about 90% of the time.

Also, I’m being a bit nit picky here.  I’ve noticed the left ramp has a very small gap in that was preventing balls from going up it at high speeds.  Just wondering if anyone else had that issue.  I think I fixed it by matching the point connectors.  The ball seems to roll smoother now up the ramp.  Still need more testing to make sure I’m not just imagining things.

tiim
    Participant
    @tiim

Thaks for this beautiful table, your work is top notch and much appreciated. :good:

...wherever you go... the moon, is... always... over there...

tobiashansson
    Participant
    @tobiashansson

Tried to get the pin2dmd to Metallica.
    Get this but not further… I have done as the guide says but doesn’t work 😬 yes, I have colorize dmd 4-color check!

Attachments:
Viewing 19 posts - 101 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW