Metallica Premium Monsters (Stern 2013) mod of many other mods + Fast Flips

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    Dustin
    Participant
      @fwiler

a mindless bot that makes this stuff

With all the high quality work that comes out, I assumed it was a bot.  No normal human can do what you do.

Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

installed the table with the 170hc rom and it worked the first time I played it.  after that rom error.  I deleted everything even in the registry and installed with the 170h rom.  played fine the first time.  closed it and loaded it again same way by launching table directly and rom error, cant find rom.

I have an older version with the 164 rom and ok so far…

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

What Rom are you guys using now.  I have 170s working and in color and don’t know if dof updated but it only lists mtl180s now.

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

Played Metallica with mtl_180h some days ago just to see the changes. No issues. I run that table normally with mtl_170hc. Never had any of the problems you are talking about. Be sure to use the LE rom for the LE table though. I made that mistake maybe a year back. Updating stern roms while drinking beer.

Tom – that is normally the abv. for Theatre of Magic – I surely don’t run 1.80 there. tom_14hb for that table. I expect you meant Metallica. You should log into your DOF config, find metallica and change the rom for the table to the one you’ve set it to be in VP. This is overseen by a few that comes asking. They don’t know that for some tables there actually are multiple choices.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Tom
            Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation
              MemberContributor

Got mtl_180h to work.  For color do you still use the 170 color patch?

Magnus
              Participant
                @solidrock68

How did you get the mtl_180h to work? Tried some many various settings now in script, rename and all other possible ways, still cant get it to run.

Tom
                Participant
                  @armyaviation
                  MemberContributor

Does it work when you test it in vpinmame

Magnus
                  Participant
                    @solidrock68

Not even showing up when i try to launch it with vpinmame

Tom
                    Participant
                      @armyaviation
                      MemberContributor

When you test it does it say that the rom is good

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

If you test in pinmame it will play the rom on your dmd without the table if the rom is good and correct version of pinmame

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

When you test it does it say that the rom is good

That’s why you should aways for VP … being not Original or EM test your rom outside of the game if you have problems.

A VP table will not work if the rom is @ error.

Magnus
                          Participant
                            @solidrock68

Only using DT at the moment. Downloaded table. Put it in tables folder. Jumped to Stern site. Downloaded the mtl180le.bin. From this point please guide me in the right direction…. :unsure:

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

If you have installed winrar and made it into the context menu. Right click – choose make archive. Choose zip and then name it mtl_180.zip – move it to rom folder. BUT – and this is a big BUT. mtl180 is not the LE version which this table is. So, you will get in troubles playing with it. You want the mtl_180h.zip. And there is more. DjRobX has not made FF hack for this rom so your flippers will vary between 0-20ms. And there exists no colored rom patch either for this rom yet.

Tom
                              Participant
                                @armyaviation
                                MemberContributor

There is a lot to learn about this hobby, I have been doing it for a year and I still learn something new all the time.  That is the fun thing about it.  If I were you, I would take advantage of all the videos and tutorials that are out there that walk you through the steps of downloading and playing the tables.  I would start with an EM table or a table without a rom and get that running.  Then figure out how roms work and testing them through vpinmame.  I would say that making a rom from the stern site is not a good place to start because it is kinda more advanced.

There is a lot of good info out there, some outdated, some still current.  Start somewhere and then you can update as you go along. Here are some good references that I used.  Good luck

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&article=160

There is also a guide with pics but I can’t find it now.  I think It’s on VPForums in the tutorial section.

Magnus
                                Participant
                                  @solidrock68

Forgot to mention that i am not new to VPX, but this table is the only one i am not able to run.

Got other Stern tables installed and running fine. Only get line 93 error…

Tom
                                  Participant
                                    @armyaviation
                                    MemberContributor

Oh, I am running the mtl_170h rom colorized.  Do like thalamus said and zip the bin file and put it in the rom folder.  Test it in vpinmame, if it says it’s ok and doesn’t work when you launch the table, and the script is correct, place the table on your desktop and try and launch it.  Make sure the rom name matches the name in the vpinmame list

Jesperpark
                                    Participant
                                      @jesperpark

I am not sure when the mtl180 code came out, but have you updated your pinmame since from here?

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3651-sambuild32-beta-thread/?page=3

Like mentioned above look for the mtl180h rom in the pinmame test window and see if it will run in test mode.  If it runs in testing mode then it should run for the game in VP.  If you don’t see mtl180h in the test list of games, then your pinmame has not been updated correctly.

Guga
                                      Participant
                                        @guga

Forgot to mention that i am not new to VPX, but this table is the only one i am not able to run.

Got other Stern tables installed and running fine. Only get line 93 error…

Hey, are you using the latest version of vpinmame? I tested here with the rom mtl_180h and also got the error on line 93. So I installed version 3.2 of vpinmame and it worked well with the new rom. Anyway, I prefer the mtl_170hc color rom, so I went back to it.

Edit: I had not seen the answer from JesperPark, while I was translating the answer he replied and the page did not update, hehe  :scratch:   :-)

Magnus
                                        Participant
                                          @solidrock68

Where did you get vpinmame 3.2? :unsure:

outhere
                                            @outhere
                                            MemberContributorvipModerator

Up-Dates

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=40867&p=413287

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 127 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?