Metallica Premium Monsters (Stern 2013) mod of many other mods + Fast Flips

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    xtrouble
    Participant
      @xtrouble

Thanks for this great table.

Is there anyway  to increase the volume over and above pressing 9 then 8? The volume only goes to 39 for some reason, and the music is so quiet I can barely hear it. I read something about pressing F12, but this does nothing on my cab, maybe I need some extra vbs installing, but I have looked around with no success.

Draifet
      Participant
        @draifet

If u press 9 after initiating the table u can change the rom volume till 63 on this table, if u press the key under F10 that increases the VPX volume, on the editor u can go to the preferences, audio options and increase the volume of the Music too.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        rgarriott
        Participant
          @rgarriott

I have had issues with this table.  Downloaded the code from the stern site which was the 180.  Changed names on the bin and the new compressed folder to the 170 which is in the pinmame tester but still doesn’t work. Iv got several other stern tables to play doin this method but cant seem to get this one to work. Anyone out able to send me the 170 rom or tell me what im doin wrong.

Thanks

outhere
            @outhere
            MemberContributorvipModerator

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/search/?q=Metallica&type=downloads_file

rgarriott
            Participant
              @rgarriott

Thanks @outhere. For some reason i was thinking since it was a stern rom that they were only stored on their site.

Draifet
              Participant
                @draifet

Hi, probably u are so busy playing TAF, Pin·Bot, or whatever, but maybe u want to try an unofficial 1.6 release version of this table, at this moment I can’t contact with HauntFreaks to ask him to upload it, but he would probably give the good seen (if not, please return to punish me hehe).

Link:

https://vpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/message-attachments/5821/Metallica-Premium-Monsters-Stern-2013-mod-1.6.zip

Changelog:
                ·Fixed the top flasher (not working on the previous releases of this mod)
                ·Some playfield light improvements (spider inserts now are visible, and other changes)
                ·Fixed the oppacity of the cemetery plastic (was totally clear, and not according with the other clear plastics)
                ·Changes on the cross to prevent playfield clipping
                ·Modified Skull coffin mod (enabled by default)
                ·Color mod now adds colorized fuel lights too (enabled by default)

Remember: u can change some user options on the script, this mod uses the color rom mtl_170hc by default, and if u don’t want to see the side reails just hide the ramps 18 and 19 on the VPX editor (untag visible).

5 users thanked author for this post.
                sniiki
                Participant
                  @sniiki

Wonder what I broke this time as my colorized rom (mtl_170hc) stopped working (93: game name not found). Has worked without problems before. Downloaded 1.7.2 version of dll’s again but mame tester wont even list colorized roms.

EDIT: Guess I’m just too sober and forgot VPM3.2 still doesn’t have modified dll(?)

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

You didn’t download the Carny build most problably. http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3651-sambuild32-beta-thread/?do=findComment&comment=42661

Extract into Vpinmame folder – run setup.exe – press install and you should be back again. And, I recommend using dmdext 1.7.1 – not 1.7.2 for color feature. It is a bug that will prevent you from getting colors to work with 1.7.2. If you play FX3 though. Keep dmdext.exe from 1.7.2 release and only copy the dmddevice.dll from 1.7.1.

sniiki
                    Participant
                      @sniiki

Thanks Thalamus. I’m loosing track with different versions.

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

It’s pretty easy. Just always go with Carny’s VPM releases. Then learn to do proper beta testing of VPX. Use beta archive here if you need to roll back. For the dmd stuff. Yes, it is a mess.

cfx69
                        Participant
                          @cfx69

Just got this table up and running with patched up 170  rom and have played it WAY too many times in row now! Thanks to everyone involved in this awesome table!!

tabascoman77
                          Participant
                            @tabascoman77

Great table! I just have an issue with the Color DMD side of things:

I patched the MTL170LE.bin rom from Stern to make it “mtl_170hc” but the game just stubbornly refuses to see that the rom is in the rom folder and keeps terminating the game, telling me to “check the rom path for the rom”.

It’s there. In the rom folder. The pal file is in the correct altcolor folder, “mtl_170hc”.

If I delete the “c” off the rom name in the script, the game works but the DMD is in pure grayscale.

If I switch back to “mtl_170hc” in the script, I get nothing but the following error:

“Machine ‘mtl_170hc’ (Metallica Limited Edition (v1.7) (Colored)) terminated before initialized, check the rom path or rom file!”

I am running:

VPX 10.6
                            PinMAME 3.2
                            Freezy 1.7.1
                            SAMBuild 4811

I have double and triple checked everything to make sure everything is in the right folder and spelled right and converted right.

The log doesn’t turn anything up, either. Whenever I check it, it lists the log from the last successful game load, which I don’t understand.

It just refuses to run the game with the script asking for the “hc” version of the rom. Every other Stern game up until now runs just fine.

<span style=”color: #ff0000;”>EDIT: Fixed it. For some reason, it just doesn’t like the LE rom. So I patched the Pro rom and it runs in full color. Problem solved. Weird.</span>

Bigmike20vt
                            Participant
                              @bigmike20vt

Hi. I just discovered this.cracking table thanks to all involved.

Is there a trick to get solenoids to work on it? They all work fine on my other tables but don’t seem supported on this one?

Cheers

Mike

themotherbrain
                              Participant
                                @themotherbrain

You have to update your dof config file to the correct rom. There is a drop down menu to choose it. I had the same issue and now it works great.

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus

Make sure that the rom in configtool matches the rom that you run in the table. There are several rom alternatives in configtool and they need to match the rom you are using.

BorgDog
                                  Participant
                                    @borgdog
                                    MemberContributorvip

Make sure that the rom in configtool matches the rom that you run in the table. There are several rom alternatives in configtool and they need to match the rom you are using.

@arngrim
                                      why is it the configtool download doesn’t download all the rom options?  it’s not like the file is that big that it’s going to bog things down, it seems it would avoid a lot of issues and allow you to have more than one loaded on your machine at a time if you wanted to switch it up

Arngrim
                                    Participant
                                      @arngrim
                                      DOF MinisterMember

This was like that even before I was involved in the configtool, but I agree it doesn’t make sense.

I was already thinking about it and will make sure all the rom names will be included in the ini files, soon ;)

5 users thanked author for this post.
                                      Arngrim
                                      Participant
                                        @arngrim
                                        DOF MinisterMember

ok guys,

I had time today to work on that, now you don’t have the option to select your rom for a table config in the configtool, the ini will always have all the rom and their aliases into the ini files :)

Untitled

6 users thanked author for this post.
                                        Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

That is awesome @arngrim – Thank you so much ! :rose:

outhere
                                            @outhere
                                            MemberContributorvipModerator

This is something new

———————————————————————————
                                            DirectOutput Version 3.1.7011.27968, built 2019.03.13 15:32
                                            MJR Grander Unified DOF R3++ edition feat. Djrobx, Rambo3, and Freezy
                                            DOF created by SwissLizard | https://github.com/mjrgh/DirectOutput
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:19.993 DirectOutput Logger initialized
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:19.938 Global config filename is “E:\DIRECTOUTPUT\config\GlobalConfig_B2SServer.xml”
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:19.993 Global config loaded from: E:\DIRECTOUTPUT\config\GlobalConfig_B2SServer.xml
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:19.994 Loading Pinball parts
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:19.994 Loading cabinet
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:19.995 Will load cabinet config file: E:\DirectOutput\config\cabinet.xml
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:20.350 1 output controller defnitions and 4 toy definitions loaded from cabinet config.
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:20.350 Cabinet config file has AutoConfig feature enabled. Calling AutoConfig.
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:20.350 Cabinet auto configuration started
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:20.371 PhilipsHueAutoConfigurator.AutoConfig started…note, actual connection detection will happen asynchronously, and device disabled if not succesfull (check further down in the log)
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:20.376 LedWiz-like device at VID=1309, PID=2, product string=Back-UPS BN1250G FW:867.L5 .D USB FW:L5 , manufacturer string=American Power Conversion
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:20.378 LedWiz-like device at VID=1133, PID=49948, product string=USB Keyboard, manufacturer string=Logitech
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:20.380 LedWiz-like device at VID=1133, PID=49948, product string=USB Keyboard, manufacturer string=Logitech
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:20.382 LedWiz-like device at VID=1133, PID=49948, product string=USB Keyboard, manufacturer string=Logitech
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:20.389 Cabinet auto configuration finished
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:20.389 Autoconfig complete.
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:20.389 Cabinet config loaded successfully from E:\DirectOutput\config\cabinet.xml
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:20.389 Cabinet loaded
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:20.389 Loading table config
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:20.390 Warning: No table config file found. Will try to load config from LedControl file(s).
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:20.390 Will try to load configs from DirectOutput.ini or LedControl.ini file(s) for RomName twenty4_150
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:20.394 Loading LedControl file E:\DIRECTOUTPUT\config\directoutputconfig.ini
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:20.402 Min DOF Version is 0.8 for file directoutputconfig.ini
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:20.678 EXCEPTION: Table with ShortRomName playboy has already been loaded (Exists more than once in ledcontrol file).
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:20.678 EXCEPTION: Thread:
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:20.854 Loading LedControl file E:\DIRECTOUTPUT\config\directoutputconfig2.ini
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:20.858 Min DOF Version is 0.8 for file directoutputconfig2.ini
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:21.027 EXCEPTION: Table with ShortRomName playboy has already been loaded (Exists more than once in ledcontrol file).
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:21.028 EXCEPTION: Thread:
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:21.167 Loading LedControl file E:\DIRECTOUTPUT\config\directoutputconfig30.ini
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:21.217 Min DOF Version is 0.8 for file directoutputconfig30.ini
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:23.960 EXCEPTION: Table with ShortRomName playboy has already been loaded (Exists more than once in ledcontrol file).
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:23.960 EXCEPTION: Thread:
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:25.002 3 directoutputconfig.ini or ledcontrol.ini files loaded.
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:25.006 Config for RomName twenty4_150 exists in LedControl data. Updating cabinet and config.
                                            2019.11.11 18:27:25.028 Debug: Setting up shape effect for area. L: 0, T: 0, W: 19, H: 100

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 127 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?