Metallica Premium Monsters (Stern 2013) VPW Mod

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    DGPG35
    Participant
      @dgpg35

I was playing standalone in VPX (everything working great) but just loaded in PinballX for the first time and the DMD is no longer in Color, anybody have an idea/fix ? :scratch:

*** Nevermind… I had dual DMD’s (one over the top of the other) while in PinballX. I changed the B2S DMD setting to HIDDEN and it’s fixed. :yahoo:

Thank you

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by DGPG35.
      Pinbolt
      Participant
        @pinbolt
        I use the mtl_180HC rom and have 4 colors only. 
        With the mtl_170HC have I full colors but the rom has problems with the graveyard targets.
        TNT2
        Participant
          @tnt2

Hello gang. I love this table and noticed the color look a little washed out. I looked in the script for a LUT setting and couldn’t find it. Is there another setting I should look for?

Thanks for sharing your hard work.

Heinz

As always I am a bit behind. I hadn’t really played with the LUT settings. But on the menu if you select the extra Consat LUT on the menu it looks stunning.

Kabs
          Participant
            @kabs

great work, i just change the lut to ColorGradeLUT256x16_ModDeSat, because de defalt is too soft.

thanks for the great job.

I got a color rom 180hc that works fine in this table, its 84mb https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MoSabmeitisFHvUoXcNfvmUog9mZFDmP/view?usp=sharing

I’m not sure what vpinmame version you use, but mine does not allow for mtl_180hc

so i have to rename zip and bin file to mtl_18oh and now it works great.

outhere
              @outhere
              MemberContributorvipModerator

great work, i just change the lut to ColorGradeLUT256x16_ModDeSat, because de defalt is too soft.
              thanks for the great job.
              I got a color rom 180hc that works fine in this table, its 84mb https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MoSabmeitisFHvUoXcNfvmUog9mZFDmP/view?usp=sharing

I’m not sure what vpinmame version you use, but mine does not allow for mtl_180hc
              so i have to rename zip and bin file to mtl_18oh and now it works great.

SAMbuild 3.3b  A must for Color Rom’s that are Patched —  http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4236-sambuild/

drady
              Participant
                @dradyoz

Wow great table, did we work out how to up the music volume e.g. attenuation without songs cutting out?

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

@dradyoz : If that is possible, it would have to be done in the rom settings. I know that there are some Stern’s where you can adjust the volume for the speech vs music, so, it might very well be possible here too. As you understand from my answer. I’ve never found that I need or even want to change it myself.

BountyBob
                  Participant
                    @bountybob

What a great job! Table looks and plays awesome. Also it’s still one of the tables I’m very bad. :D
                    I can’t compare to the real one but it feels great, while other versions didn’t fell good.

Thanks for tweaking the captive ball. It always felt wrong and to hard to activate.

One question:

I know it’s normally a ROM and I still use the same. I always had problems with volume difference between music, callouts and soundfx (not tablesounds). Music was always too quiet compared to the rest. I couldn’t fix it in the ROM settings.
                    Is it just imagination or is the sound and music more balanced?

Keep up your great work. I enjoy the VPW tables a lot.

TNT2
                    Participant
                      @tnt2

Loving this table. So much fun.

Do you remember when at the end of a James Bond film it would say what the title is of the next James Bond movie? It would be great if the VPW team gave us hints as to what’s up next. If they wanted to of course.

:good:

iaakki
                      Participant
                        @iaakki

Do you remember when at the end of a James Bond film it would say what the title is of the next James Bond movie? It would be great if the VPW team gave us hints as to what’s up next. If they wanted to of course.

Well.. I guess James Bond films had to be released in some planned order. Usually we don’t know which one becomes ready and when. I see that we have roughly 15 active projects at the moment. Some playable, some not, some might not be released ever. This time I’ll tell you a tip. Or at least I think this one could be in release state in few weeks. For the next table, “shoot again” insert has lamp number #14.

kds70
                        Participant
                          @kds70

Wow great table, did we work out how to up the music volume e.g. attenuation without songs cutting out?

It´s possible for now with the 1.80 rom. Not sure this settings were avaiable in the 1.70 rom. It works perfect for me; take a look into the rom settings -> feature adjustments part 138 and 139. It´s set to “0” or “1” per default. i set this to -30 for music and -35 for speach (- minus is louder than positive settings).

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by kds70.
                          • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by kds70.
                          1 user thanked author for this post.
                          polishedball
                          Participant
                            @polishedball

Anyone know is there a matching BG?  Mine is way oversaturated for the table.

Thalamus
                              @thalamus
                              ContributorMemberModerator

Export image, desaturate, re-import.

themotherbrain
                              Participant
                                @themotherbrain

@outhere Nope that was it! I havent messed with patching roms in awhile as it frustrated the crap out of me lol! I did manage to get ac/dc back then, but couldn’t get others going… Now I know why! :wacko: Probably gonna have to play with those patches some more now! Thanks as usual my good man!

TNT2
                                Participant
                                  @tnt2

Well.. I guess James Bond films had to be released in some planned order. Usually we don’t know which one becomes ready and when. I see that we have roughly 15 active projects at the moment. Some playable, some not, some might not be released ever. This time I’ll tell you a tip. Or at least I think this one could be in release state in few weeks. For the next table, “shoot again” insert has lamp number #14.

Yeah the more I think about it the more problematic it would probably be. Don’t need people badgering you about when so and so table will be released.

Thanks for all of your hard work. It is much appreciated.

Denzel
                                  Participant
                                    @zwylde

Hi VPW Team, is that normal?

the three target under the cross stay down when I begin a new game?

That’s definately isn’t normal; the Cross targets shout all pop up at the start of each ball (unless in the rom settings it is set to keep down any crosses hit on your 1st/2nd ball – but that still showing affect the Crosses poking up at the start of a new game.

Has anyone figured this out? I’m in the middle of migrating to a new PC at the momment and so can’t try out the table myself at the momment.

Massive thanks to Vpin Workshop for all their hard work- MET LE is one of May fav tables on my cab and IRL and so I’m excited to try this one out :yes:

UPDATE: I managed to try the table myself for a sshort while and I didn’t experience any issues yet re; the grave markers not popping up (haven’t tried going for MOP multiball yet, so can’t say if I’ve had the same issue as the below poposter with stuck balls)

The table looks great- Sparky looks especially good- great work!

One thing I will say as hopefully a constructive comment, is that compared the the real machine I’ve been lucky enough to play quite a bit*, I get an awful lot of SDTM balls after hitting sparky; I think it’s because when the ball is hitting near the underneath of the Hammer after a Sparky hit, the ball isn’t bouncing to the left enough to send it down towards the left flipper. It might also be that a Sparky hit isn’t pushing the ball back out hard enough and so not bouncing to the left enough? (I know..no 2 machines play identically.. ) – please don’t take this comment as ungreatful; I really appreciate all th shard work which has gone in to this mod.

KiwiBri
                                    Participant
                                      @kiwibri

hmm..   Is this a bug in the table?

Bug in the Grave Marker Multi-ball?

I started the Grave Marker multi-ball and shot a ball up the grave marker lane again and the magnet locked it, soon I shot another one up there and it got magnetized, and then the 3rd ball got stuck up there. Had all 3 balls in there, then the machine started a ball search as the multiball timed out and released the balls….

I’ve never done that on a real machine, but doesn’t sound like it supposed to happen?

Denzel
                                      Participant
                                        @zwylde

Hi VPW Team, is that normal?

the three target under the cross stay down when I begin a new game?

Hi, I think this problem might be because your Pinmame (Sam ver.) Might not be up to date, or more likely you are running a Pro ROM rather than the LE ROM?. Failing that, make sure you are running a B2S backglass file when running the game, as I’ve found in the past that things can get weired if I don’t have backglass running.

Pinbolt
                                        Participant
                                          @pinbolt
                                          Hi Denzel, problem solved. I used the wrong 183 color rom. With the 184 color rom work it.
                                          KiwiBri
                                          Participant
                                            @kiwibri

Hi Denzel, problem solved. I used the wrong 183 color rom. With the 184 color rom work it.

1.80 was the last rom released. Not sure what you are meaning.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by KiwiBri.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 94 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?