This topic contains 197 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by  CarnyPriest 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 198 total)
  • Author
     robwaade 
    Participant

do you know what version to look for  ben thanks i think i have the current one :mail:

Umpa 
    Participant

I have version 2.8 and the magnet works fine.

1 user thanked author for this post.
     robwaade 
    Participant

thats what i have also thanks

wrd1972 
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

Head over to VPUniverse, robwadde. I had the same issue. Didn’t realize there’s an even newer version of vpinmame out there. Fixes that hammer and magnet right up. You’ll be enjoying casket multiball in no time! Fantastic table from an amazing team of veteran VP champs. Thanks so much, guys!

Ben,

Would it be possible for you to link us to the latest. Maybe its me, but I sometimes find it difficult finding the latest. This is certainly my problem.

Thanks

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia 760GTX (MSI Twin Frozr)

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, 22" upper and 19" lower monitors in the backbox - Virtuapin controller w/ analog plunger - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Sliderpoint 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

This one works:  http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4236-sambuild/

-Mike

ozg 
    Participant

Head over to VPUniverse, robwadde. I had the same issue. Didn’t realize there’s an even newer version of vpinmame out there. Fixes that hammer and magnet right up. You’ll be enjoying casket multiball in no time! Fantastic table from an amazing team of veteran VP champs. Thanks so much, guys!

Ben, Would it be possible for you to link us to the latest. Maybe its me, but I sometimes find it difficult finding the latest. This is certainly my problem. Thanks

This: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11571

Then: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=17

Last: http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4236-sambuild/

Copy and paste the first two, then run the MAME setup and click install (just to be sure that it’s loaded the new version) and finally copy and paste the SAM vbs and the other two files (you don’t need the sam info file/release log). Bingo – HAMMER TIME! enjoy. Thanks for the great table people, super job.

wrd1972 
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

Excellent. Many thanks.

One other question regarding the LE version. Anyone else noticed that the various DMD animations seem slower compared to the Pro. This should have nothing to do with VP or VPM but rather the ROM just slowing things a bit. This is really noticeable during the electrocute Sparky sequence. Just want to make sure its just not my system.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: Dell T3400 workstation with Core2 Quad core 3.0GHZ (Q9650) CPU - 8GB of RAM - Nvidia 760GTX (MSI Twin Frozr)

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, 22" upper and 19" lower monitors in the backbox - Virtuapin controller w/ analog plunger - Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Umpa 
    Participant

No slow down for me. I know that slow DMD frames is what happens with old VPM’s. Make sure you are using the latest VPINMAME.

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

Excellent. Many thanks. One other question regarding the LE version. Anyone else noticed that the various DMD animations seem slower compared to the Pro. This should have nothing to do with VP or VPM but rather the ROM just slowing things a bit. This is really noticeable during the electrocute Sparky sequence. Just want to make sure its just not my system.

If you are using DJRobX fixed vpinballx – yes, I’ve noticed. The situation is like this for me. Play metallica and accept the crashes. Or replace with his file and enjoy the table. I now run DJRobX vpinball.exe only for this table and awaiting 10.3 :-)

wrd1972 
    Participant
    MembervipContributor

Just installed the items ozg linked me to and now everything is working much better. The slowdown issue appears to be gone as well. Just saw the hammer work. WOW that was bad ass. I had no idea it pounded the ball through the PF. Im gonna get to play the real table not this weekend but the next.

Ecktown 
    Participant

I hope someone will be able to help me. I am using VP 10.2.0. I have downloaded the code renamed the .bin file to mtl_170h and zipped the file in an archive of the same name (and put it in the roms folder of course). VpinMame is version 2.8.

When I start the table I get an error in line 60 “Game name not found” :-(

I don’t have this problems with any of the other tables and would love to play Metallica.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

I think all you really need to do is rename zip and make sure you have latest vpinmame from vpuniverse

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

Sliderpoint 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

I hope someone will be able to help me. I am using VP 10.2.0. I have downloaded the code renamed the .bin file to mtl_170h and zipped the file in an archive of the same name (and put it in the roms folder of course). VpinMame is version 2.8.

When I start the table I get an error in line 60 “Game name not found” :-(

I don’t have this problems with any of the other tables and would love to play Metallica.

Yeah, don’t rename the bin file. Just zip it and rename the zip file.

Ecktown 
    Participant

That’s what I had tried before. Same result…

Is there something special to do to run Stern pins? I have several tables but they are all Williams, Ballys and Gottliebs…

Umpa 
    Participant

Just download the rom from vpuniverse it’s already zipped ready to go

Ecktown 
    Participant

Do I need the SAMbuild file from vpuniverse? Sorry, I am really at a loss as to why Metallica doesn’t run.

So far, I have just installed VP X with the installer found on the vpforums site. Do I need additional files to run Metallica? And will the other tables still run if I install those? Thank you in advance!

I should already have the latest vpinmame (2.8b) – that’s the one I also found on vpuniverse. But as I said it was included in the installer. I don’t know whether that makes a difference. It is the same version number after all…

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

You need latest Sam build from vpuniverse yes. Not the 2.8b

Ecktown 
    Participant

Now it works. Thank you very much, randr!

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Your welcome :good:

roar 
    Participant

There is a patch to colorize the LE ROM, not the 1.7 mind you, the 1.64 ROM, it looks and plays great! Thanks for a great table.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/forums/topic/3004-metallica-le/#comment-33833

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 198 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account