Metallica Pro (Stern 2013)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

I did update VPX version here with “fixed” version so should be same as vpf

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

Kyle Etter
      Participant
        @arcadegeek23

Thanks for the great table! I apologize if I missed it but has anyone posted a backless for this yet?

TNT2
        Participant
          @tnt2

I did update VPX version here with “fixed” version so should be same as vpf

Tried that version. Still get the error. But I can play the table with the workaround so it’s still a Merry Christmas. :yahoo:

Wolfgang
          Participant
            @mrwolfgang

Seasons greetings; hope everyone is having a nice christmas.

I’m really need of some help here; would be so grateful if anyone can help solve my problem.

i tested my ROMS with PinMame to ensure that I have the correct roms; everything is fine; i can “start” the game in PinMAME; all fine – can even coin up with my coin button.

When i load the table in the latest VPX (the non-beta release), I’m getting the following error when trying to play the table:

“Machine terminated before initialised, check the rom path or rom file!”

My .zip file is names correctly, as stated within the table script, and as i mentioned, the roms load in the test function of pinmame (pinmame has the correct directory stated for my roms folder as well).
            All of my other tables work but not this one.

I can’t figure it out; I’d really appreciate some help and have been dying to be able to play this table for a long time.

Note: after the error, the back glass and playfield appear on my cab, but of course nothing happens, as pinmame isn’t running.

Finally, thank you Fren for recreating this table; I’m sure a lot of people are really pleased to be able to play this awesome table.

Vampirolatino2
            Participant
              @vampirolatino2

make sure inside the zipfile is named mtl_164.bin

Vampirolatino2
              Participant
                @vampirolatino2

and the file isn’t blocked (just in case)

Wolfgang
                Participant
                  @mrwolfgang

Thanks Vamp’ – Eh .bin inside my zip is named correctly. I am thinking that the problem might be a SAM issue, as this is the first SAM table I’ve tried.

I’ve copied over the cracked SAM pinmame.DLL etc and the .VBS file, but yeah; I’ve still getting this error (which is a VBScript error:-(

I’m going to try another SAM table (X-Men) with Phymod5 and see if i still get any problems.

Does the zip. program I’m using to zip the.bin file make any difference? (I just used WinZip – create zipped folder, then dragged the .bin in to the archive.

his is really confusing, as I would’ve thought that if there was a problem with my pinmamme install, the ROM wouldn’t work in test?

Vampirolatino2
                  Participant
                    @vampirolatino2

no, it doesn’t matter, you are doing it right… mmm… weird that you are having this with ONLY this table. Don’t know what to tell you. You can try another rom version. mtl_163.bin, just edit that line in the table script. Remember to download the PRO version.

really
                    Participant
                      @st3rn

Thanks for the great table! I apologize if I missed it but has anyone posted a backless for this yet?

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

Thanks Vamp’ – Eh .bin inside my zip is named correctly. I am thinking that the problem might be a SAM issue, as this is the first SAM table I’ve tried.

I’ve copied over the cracked SAM pinmame.DLL etc and the .VBS file, but yeah; I’ve still getting this error (which is a VBScript error:-(

I’m going to try another SAM table (X-Men) with Phymod5 and see if i still get any problems.

Does the zip. program I’m using to zip the.bin file make any difference? (I just used WinZip – create zipped folder, then dragged the .bin in to the archive.

his is really confusing, as I would’ve thought that if there was a problem with my pinmamme install, the ROM wouldn’t work in test?

Run everything as Admin
                      Download the new VP10 link that fren posted in this forum.
                      Download the new SAM from VP Universe
                      Download the ROM from VP Universe
                      Download a backglass from VP Universe from above link if you run a B2S
                      Make sure that your MAME folders are set to defaults or the correct folder, then get back to me.

Merry Christmas
                      I’m poor but here’s my cab. (don’t laugh)

Attachments:
                      Wolfgang
                      Participant
                        @mrwolfgang

So, I just did a test, and it’s definitely something to with SAM tables; I got teh same error when trying to run X-Men (physmod ver.) in VP Physmod 5.
                        This is driving me nuts:-(…. I’m using the files from VPuniverse, replaced the pinmame.dll and copied the sam.vbs to the tables folder.

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

Run everything as Admin
                        Download the new VP10 link that fren posted in this forum.
                        Download the new SAM from VP Universe
                        Download the ROM from VP Universe
                        Download a backglass from VP Universe from above link if you run a B2S
                        Make sure that your MAME folders are set to defaults or the correct folder, then get back to me.

Merry Christmas
                        I’m poor but here’s my cab. (don’t laugh)

really
                        Participant
                          @st3rn

SAM doesn’t go in the tables folder. The one script file, goes in the scripts folder/copy/overwrite and the rest, copy/paste and overwrite into the main VP folder. Also, download the correct SAM. All of my MAME stuff/files are in my VP folder, so I guess it matters of where you put your files.

Vampirolatino2
                          Participant
                            @vampirolatino2

Like told, vbs files goes in script folders with all his other friends ;)
                            from the file from vpuniverse you only need to replace the .dll’s inside the vpinmame folder, not visual pinball folder … the .vbs sam file goes into the script folder located in visual pinball.

And is a nice setup, don’t be ashamed, mine is in a temporary old sofa … because it was the only place I could put it lol, in top of old shit. Building the cab little by little.

Wolfgang
                            Participant
                              @mrwolfgang

Hi, thanks for replying.

I did read on Vpuniverse that the sam file went in to the tables folder, but I did try your suggestion and I’m still getting the same error :cry:

really
                              Participant
                                @st3rn

Hi, thanks for replying.

I did read on Vpuniverse that the sam file went in to the tables folder, but I did try your suggestion and I’m still getting the same error :cry:

Obviously if everything else works, it has to do with SAM or a bad ROM. Keep trying and let me know if you ever fix the issue. If I were there, I could fix it in a minute, but anyway, good luck. If I think of anything, I’ll post.

Jack
                                Participant
                                  @breikers

My script files are all in my tables folder for ages. No problems here ?

Wolfgang
                                  Participant
                                    @mrwolfgang

So, more testing and I’ve hit a brick wall again.

If you recall, I was getting the same error with the physmod version of x-men. I messed around re-zipping the .bin file etc and now, X-men works.
                                    I used the same method with mtl_164, and even tried re-downloading the .bin from the Stern website – still the same error every time:-( – and works fine using the test function, using the pinmame test function.

The version of VPX I’m using is the official(non-beta) release.

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

It must be naming of the rom double, triple check it. delete nvram for the table. make sure controller.vbs is in tables and or scripts folder. also make sure everything is being ran as admin(vpinballx.exe and vpinmame)

********************************************************
                                      for IOS and Android

Wolfgang
                                      Participant
                                        @mrwolfgang

It must be naming of the rom double, triple check it. delete nvram for the table. make sure controller.vbs is in tables and or scripts folder. also make sure everything is being ran as admin(vpinballx.exe and vpinmame)

Hi, I’m unable to run anything as Admin (basically the cab I bought a few months ago doesn’t have a log on for that set up, and i have no way to contact the original guy who built the cab) – i am running windows XP and running everything in compatability mode.

i don’t think this is the issue though. I thought it best to test another Stern VPX game; Spiderman; it worked fine (frame rate isn’t great on my cab though).
                                        Which again does suggest that it’s an issue with my Metallica ROMS – I have tried everything though; all different kinds of renames, ensuring that the .zip is names correctly: mtl_164.zip and the .bin file inside is called MTL164.BIN (also ried naming the .bin file the same as the rom name).
                                        i even tried using the rom download from VPUni’ (which was already pre-zipped and named), in addition to the download from he Stern site (and zipping the .bin myself.

I’ve tried redownloading the last beta of VPX (rather than using the 10. non-beta release which just came out).

Could it have anything to do with the large .bin size?; I noticed that Spiderman was a buch smaller .bin file.

My next step (failing any other suggestions from here) is to try and install VPX/PinMame on my much better speced PC (which is running Win 7) and see if it works on there – in desktop mode or something (not ideal, as I’d like the table running in my cab, which would be a pain to urgrade).

Thank again for everyone’s help, and i hope you are all having a nice Xmas. :-)

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

@wolfgang XP dont really care so much about admin…plus new vpx release fixed that. MAKE sure you are running lates vpx for sure! also this table is probably only table you may have that needs controller.vbs so make sure that is in scripts folder. If you can run other sam tables then no reason this table wont work. your just missing something.

for IOS and Android

firestorm
                                          Participant
                                            @firestorm

hello wolfgang,
                                            same problem here with me, vpx running with other roms,
                                            but not MET_164.
                                            My os is also XP and the pc is not the best.
                                            I also tried all the stuff you mentioned (renaming and so on).
                                            If you find a soultion please post it – you are not alone ;-)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 175 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?