Metallica Pro (Stern 2013)

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    FlipperManiac
    Participant
      @flippermaniac

Wolfgang and Firestorm, I’m also fighting the same issue with both Star Trek and Metallica. Spent about three hours today at it before I got frustrated enough to set it aside for a while. Have tried new VPX, different betas, have proper SAM, VPinmame latest, etc. Tried different ROMs, zipped my own from Stern site code, deleted nvram, all the usual tricks with no success. Not new to this, cabinet is a couple years old and loaded with 1000+ tables, so fairly literate at all of this. Have several other VP10 tables working well with newest VPX, so know the VPX is working. One thing we have in common is that we all use XP, hmmm…. I’ll be trying again tomorrow, sooner or later I’ll find the issue as always….really itching to play these two! Randy

really
      Participant
        @st3rn

If you guys are running some of the VPX tables, then chances are it’s not XP. Some of these tables take B2S, even if you don’t use the B2S (backglass server). I hope you can fix your issues, post em if you got em (issues). We’ll get you fixed sooner than later, hopefully. Yes, Star Trek and Metallica are very fun, so hurry up.

Wolfgang
        Participant
          @mrwolfgang

Wolfgang and Firestorm, I’m also fighting the same issue with both Star Trek and Metallica. Spent about three hours today at it before I got frustrated enough to set it aside for a while. Have tried new VPX, different betas, have proper SAM, VPinmame latest, etc. Tried different ROMs, zipped my own from Stern site code, deleted nvram, all the usual tricks with no success. Not new to this, cabinet is a couple years old and loaded with 1000+ tables, so fairly literate at all of this. Have several other VP10 tables working well with newest VPX, so know the VPX is working. One thing we have in common is that we all use XP, hmmm…. I’ll be trying again tomorrow, sooner or later I’ll find the issue as always….really itching to play these two! Randy

Hi guys, so after trying everything, I installed Vp10 on my other pc(which isn’t inside my cab).
          I used the Vp10 installer found on the visualpinball forum website.
          I just used that; very good – installed everything for me.
          I then copied over the Sam pinmame. Files to my pinmame folder, overwriting the relevant files (exactly as I did on my cab).

I used the same roms as on my cab (dl from the vpuni’ site….I got metallica to work!:-)

This confirms that it was not a rom issue, but something not being installed or registered properly – I also ran VP10 as admin (which I couldn’t do on my cab,with win XP (my relatively powerful pc round win 7).

Tomorrow I’m going to test using the VP10 installer on my cab (making sure I don’t erase any tables/roms etc on my cab; I’ve sent a lot of time setting everything up with The Pinballx front end) and seeing if that fixes my problem (I can then juat point Pinball X to the appropriate location when I add it as an emulator).

I will post back with my findings.

One thing I will say though, is that I’m not expecting my cab to run Metallica well,and I’m not sure I’d like to play it at any lower quality than on my higher speced pc, as it looks amazing and runs pretty smooth on the highest settings (hopefully will be able to get rid of the sight flipper lag in my nvidia settings).

Some quick thoughts on the table,now that I’ve managed to play it for the first time (hadnt even played the real machine ; pins are hard to find in the U.K!).

The table is tough! Lots of Centre ball drains!:-) love it though; I’m also a huge ‘tallica fan so…

Massive thanks to Fren’ for an amazing job; really is a work of art and I’m so impressed at how great it looks.

Excited to see how the Walking Dead table will be in VP10.

Anyway, sorry for the long post – I’ve attached a pic from the make shift setup I tried the table on (I even tried the 3d mode at one point, as the tv I used has 3d capabilities ; pretty cool, but more flipper lag and noticeable resolution drop)

Attachments:
          Wolfgang
          Participant
            @mrwolfgang

Sorry in advance for my poor spelling /errors above guys ; it’s nearly 3am and typing on my phone – cheers ?

Wolfgang
            Participant
              @mrwolfgang

Forgot to mention; is there a cabinet build version of pinmame with Sam support?; the one I’m using isn’t keeping my DMD settings when I’ve dragged the DMD to my backglass monitor – thanks.

freneticamnesic
                @freneticamnesic
                vipModeratorMember

Just a note guys, don’t PM me on other websites asking for help, that’s really poor form… ask your questions here or PM me on this website.

Punch it!

kurt mueller
                Participant
                  @karlzon18

Month ago i have the same issue with rolling stones updated my cab to windows 7 and every thing run fine.

Greetings

Karlson

Jack
                  Participant
                    @breikers

Forgot to mention; is there a cabinet build version of pinmame with Sam support?; the one I’m using isn’t keeping my DMD settings when I’ve dragged the DMD to my backglass monitor – thanks.

Could be your screen setup in windows. The dmd display should be to the right of your backglas monitor. My setup is playfield to the left, backglas in the middle and the display monitor to the right.

Wolfgang
                    Participant
                      @mrwolfgang

Hi Jack,
                      Sorry,I should’ve mentioned that I’m using a 2 monitor setup; Playfield and backglass.
                      I’m currently using a “ghetto” set up to play VP10 tables, as the machine in my cab isn’t up to the task.
                      The pinmame I’m using in my cab is a cab version, where it saves the position of the DMD where you drag it to on the backglass monitor, but as I’m using a ver. with SAM support on my “ghetto” setup, I’m unsure if there is a cab version released?.
                      I’ll give your suggestion a try though, thanks.

Alessio
                      Participant
                        @oissela

Boys, not work, error line 43 with controller.
                        I have latest version vpx
                        i not use bs2 server, only vpinmame controller
                        What is the problem?
                        Sorry for my english, i am italian…..!!

Vampirolatino2
                        Participant
                          @vampirolatino2

Boys, not work, error line 43 with controller.
                          I have latest version vpx
                          i not use bs2 server, only vpinmame controller
                          What is the problem?
                          Sorry for my english, i am italian…..!!

Hi!

You can try this:
                          1. Update to latest VPX (download again because they update the file because of a bug)
                          2. Run VPX as admin?
                          3. try this:

Thx for the table :good:

But my DOF wont work om this table??

Works on all other tables.

What am i doing wrong?

Go into VP/user/controller/forcedisableB2S= (change to whatever the other number would be 1 or 0)

Good luck! :good:

TNT2
                          Participant
                            @tnt2

I have come to think of fren as Santa. :heart:

Paulo Carvalho
                            Participant
                              @paulohotline

Hey fellow pinheads and Metallica nuts I have a modified rom that I have been using on my real Metallica PIN on occasion that works great with this release. If you love Led Zeppelin music, give it a shot as it changes all the tunes in the game and updates the ROM display as well. Don’t forget to rename your existing MTL164 bin so you don’t overwrite it. I just relabelled it MTL163.bin and updated my script and have a 2nd table in PinballX.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pzp1fo514p59o5/MTL164.BIN?dl=0

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
                              http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
                              "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Jack
                              Participant
                                @breikers

Hi Paulo, how did you modify the rom? maybe we can boost the volume of the songs a bit.

Paulo Carvalho
                                Participant
                                  @paulohotline

Hello, I did not modify the rom. I paid for the service from a talented dude who used Pinball Browser to inject the songs into the rom. I can increase the volume in the actual game rom and I have set to -30 under “Music Attenuation”. You need to go into “Feature Adjustments” once in “Service Mode” buy hiting “0” on your keyboard.
                                  Once there go into into “feature adjustments”, 3rd selection from the left. Click “0” again to select. Go left and you will find “music attenuation”. Just go into the negatives, -30 or higher. Once set, hit “0” to lock it in, and then hit “7” to exit service mode and back into the game.

The only glitch with doing that (confirmed by real pin owners) is that when a ball drains the music instead of lowering cuts right off, which is jarring but does not effect game play.

I have it set to -20 or -35 and it’s plenty loud on my cabinet. I also have 8 speakers with an amplifier setup so that probably helps.

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
                                  http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
                                  "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Wolfgang
                                  Participant
                                    @mrwolfgang

Just a quick note for the guys like myself, who’s cab is a bit underpowered; I haven’t tried using the Vpx installer to see if I can get the this (Vpx) version of the table running, however I noticed today that Vett release the physmod version:-)
                                    That version started fine on my cab (had to edit the script to look for the latest rom)- plays really smooth, with a few moments of the speech stuttering from time to time, but totally playable.

Comparing to Fren’s Vpx table, both are excellent, however the Vpx table is more emersive, due to the lighting ; for example, I love it when you loose a ball and the whole table goes dark,but then the relevant parts (grave, sparky, snake etc) flash as it shows your shot count.

Btw; I increased the music volume in the service menu,and adjusted the overall volume, but the music still seems as bit too quiet in comparison to the mechanical sounds and to certain extent the games soubd effects and speech?

really
                                    Participant
                                      @st3rn

Zeppelin, What? Sorry, I was clearing my throat, I got something to say…
                                      turn mechanical sounds down two-thirds of the way, in the VP preferences and SLAM TILT till you’re dead.

Thanks Paulo, but that’s not quite my speed. (play some Free Bird)

R.I.P. Lemmy

freneticamnesic
                                        @freneticamnesic
                                        vipModeratorMember

Just a quick note for the guys like myself, who’s cab is a bit underpowered; I haven’t tried using the Vpx installer to see if I can get the this (Vpx) version of the table running, however I noticed today that Vett release the physmod version:-)
                                        That version started fine on my cab (had to edit the script to look for the latest rom)- plays really smooth, with a few moments of the speech stuttering from time to time, but totally playable.

Comparing to Fren’s Vpx table, both are excellent, however the Vpx table is more emersive, due to the lighting ; for example, I love it when you loose a ball and the whole table goes dark,but then the relevant parts (grave, sparky, snake etc) flash as it shows your shot count.

Btw; I increased the music volume in the service menu,and adjusted the overall volume, but the music still seems as bit too quiet in comparison to the mechanical sounds and to certain extent the games soubd effects and speech?

Vett said if you go to feature adjustments in the rom, turn the Music Attenuation to a negative value, like -50, to make the music louder

Punch it!

Jack
                                        Participant
                                          @breikers

Hello, I did not modify the rom. I paid for the service from a talented dude who used Pinball Browser to inject the songs into the rom. I can increase the volume in the actual game rom and I have set to -30 under “Music Attenuation”. You need to go into “Feature Adjustments” once in “Service Mode” buy hiting “0” on your keyboard.
                                          Once there go into into “feature adjustments”, 3rd selection from the left. Click “0” again to select. Go left and you will find “music attenuation”. Just go into the negatives, -30 or higher. Once set, hit “0” to lock it in, and then hit “7” to exit service mode and back into the game.

The only glitch with doing that (confirmed by real pin owners) is that when a ball drains the music instead of lowering cuts right off, which is jarring but does not effect game play.

I have it set to -20 or -35 and it’s plenty loud on my cabinet. I also have 8 speakers with an amplifier setup so that probably helps.

Thanks ! I will give this a try.

Ray
                                          Participant
                                            @vpfan

I didn’t see any mention in the thread, so wondering if it part of this table’s ruleset and I just don’t understand the proper rules, but I’m unable to shoot the orbits usually. The plunger/pin that prevents a full plunger shot from looping around the orbit (unless you go for the super skill shot attempt) raises intermittently while playing the table, obviously well after plunging and beginning play. Seems to raise as the orbit shots are attempted, and blocks the shot, then drops again.

That somehow just me? Is it part of the normal table function and supposed to happen unless the orbit shot is lit in some way? I’m thinking it’s a bug though…

Loving this table otherwise, though it seems to kick my ass pretty regularly… :) Thanks for the great table, fren.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 175 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?