Metallica Pro (Stern 2013)

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    Blashyrk
    Participant
      @blashyrk

Just finished my widebody cab, and I just had to test this table and as I suspected.. It’s awesome!! Thank you so much for this table Fren and everybody involved :D

Ray
      Participant
        @vpfan

No one else get the orbit shots blocked intermittently (specifically up the left orbit, not sure I’ve had the right shot blocked), or is that perhaps part of the expected table functionality/rules?

Pinball Shawn
        Participant
          @pinballshawn

Ok, I talked about this with a pro-player and here’s the deal: That rear pop-up is part of the game, but the ball shouldn’t bounce off of it and go back down the orbit. it should stop the ball dead, then release it into the lanes/pop bumpers. During the game certain modes will disable the post so it can make a complete arch.
          I’m not sure how to fix that post, but that’s how it’s supposed to act.

freneticamnesic
            @freneticamnesic
            vipModeratorMember

Select the UpPost and change these settings to this

Punch it!

Ray
            Participant
              @vpfan

That seems to do the trick, ball dead stops after hitting the UpPost via a shot up either the right or left orbit now, and drops into the lanes/bumpers area after it lowers. Thanks, Fren. :good:

Such a great playing table, though I find myself swearing at this one more than any of the other tables I play on, lol. I struggle to top 20 mil… Guess that’s a sign of a great design and an awesome recreation. :-)

Pinball Shawn
              Participant
                @pinballshawn

That did the trick. Ball stops perfectly and rolls into the lanes like the real deal!

really
                Participant
                  @st3rn

That did the trick. Ball stops perfectly and rolls into the lanes like the real deal!

Now if the ball didn’t get stuck in that one small spot under the ramp by the bumpers on the top right, the table would be the best Vpin ever made, period. That’s not a complaint Fren, keep your pants on, you’ve made the perfect table with the smoothest ramps put together to date, thanks again. BTW, I’ve deleted every table and now it’s the only one I play, well at least until something new comes along that I might have to try.

Bubba Skump
                  Participant
                    @avacabb

Alright guys, I need help. I cannot get this table to run. I get a script error line 161 and then line 43. Both referring to controller. I am using DOF and every time I try to launc this table it goes through the DOF yes/no questions. I am running the latest final release of VPX and I also tried rev2435. Same errors. I tried running as admin. Not sure what else to do. I have read through and the common answer seems to be run as administrator. I Still get the same error and not sure why. I also have the VP9 physmod5 version of this table. Could there be any conflicts with that causing problems for me?

really
                    Participant
                      @st3rn

Go into VP/user/controller/forcedisableB2S= (change to whatever the other number would be 1 or 0)

Bubba Skump
                      Participant
                        @avacabb

This may be the problem. In trying to go to the folder you specified, it doesn’t exist. Inside the “User” folder, there are no other folders. Nothing that mentions forcedisableB2S. Should I try to create that folder on my own or is there a better way?

really
                        Participant
                          @st3rn

Don’t create anything. You’re looking for a text file called controller. You need to find that file change the number, save it to the desktop, then copy and replace the original. The text document called controller should be somewhere.

BTW: I have the fixed post version, if fren or randr will let me upload the new version. Also, I have added two different backgrounds to the desktop, both of which are the Metallica B2S/backglasses (met1 and met2).

Bubba Skump
                          Participant
                            @avacabb

I tried creating the text document controller and had it in the user folder. No changes, still errors on line 161 and 43. I was chatting with @really and he had the contents of the controller.txt in our chat session. I copied and pasted into my own controller.txt file. Still not working for me.

ICPjuggla
                              @icpjuggla
                              MembervipModerator

I’m also getting the controller error..

It’s weird everything is fine on the laptop where I tested the table a few days ago, but when I moved the table to my cab I’m now getting the error. Everything is pretty much set up the same on both systems. I tryed everything mentioned above nothing worked for me. :-(

Bubba Skump
                              Participant
                                @avacabb

Well I figured out my problem. I may have won the award for the biggest bonehead on this site so far. I did NOT have VPX installed in my VP folder. It was in a subfolder in VP. Once I moved the files out to my VP folder, it works as it should. Makes sense that the table couldn’t see the controller.txt file. it was in another directory!! Sorry guys but thanks for working through this with me.

ICPjuggla
                                  @icpjuggla
                                  MembervipModerator

I must have a bad rom or something now…

I’m getting a line 44 not controller issue, and now the rom won’t even play in pinmame which is updated to 2.7. It won’t even play on my laptop or cab now. It was working the other day. hmmm weird…. I even tried downloading the game code again and it’s not working.. I’m scratching my head on this one.. lol

really
                                  Participant
                                    @st3rn

Well I figured out my problem. I may have won the award for the biggest bonehead on this site so far. I did NOT have VPX installed in my VP folder. It was in a subfolder in VP. Once I moved the files out to my VP folder, it works as it should. Makes sense that the table couldn’t see the controller.txt file. it was in another directory!! Sorry guys but thanks for working through this with me.

LOL, I was going to ask about VP10, but then I was like no, these people are smarter than that, guess not! Just kidding, I reinstalled everything a few months and forgot to run the one of the VP.exes as Admin, it happens to us all. Also, everyone puts folders in different places for VP, so it’s hard to help sometimes.

really
                                    Participant
                                      @st3rn

I must have a bad rom or something now…

I’m getting a line 44 not controller issue, and now the rom won’t even play in pinmame which is updated to 2.7. It won’t even play on my laptop or cab now. It was working the other day. hmmm weird…. I even tried downloading the game code again and it’s not working.. I’m scratching my head on this one.. lol

Man, when I got into that kind of situation, I had to redo everything (Windows and all), because it even messed up the pc registry. Good luck!

ICPjuggla
                                        @icpjuggla
                                        MembervipModerator

Update: I must be really tired or just having a blond moment.. lol I figured it out and it was a stupid mistake..

Bubba Skump
                                        Participant
                                          @avacabb

Update: I must be really tired or just having a blond moment.. lol I figured it out and it was a stupid mistake..

Well you have to tell us, now I’m curious. I posted my dumb mistake. That’s how we all learn.

TNT2
                                          Participant
                                            @tnt2

Gave this table a few more rounds today. I am not even a fan of Metallica but this table is a blast to play.

:yahoo:

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 175 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?