Michael Jordan (Data East, 1992)

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Manolo / ICE
    Participant
      @kamerik

Thank you Rascal :)

rudil24
      Participant
        @rudil24

This thing rocks, rascal. Great job! Pro tip bulls fans: You want to play with a ROLLING black/red Nike b-ball with a shimmery silver coating? Leave ball default (blank) but set your ball decal as the attached bmp, with a 0.1 reflect and 0.1 bulb setting. it’s not perfect but kinda works.

Also, for color dmd lovers, the altcolor template __LightYellow-Red-Orange   looks like it was made for this game. Just a little icing on this beauty from rascal!

Attachments:
        Mlager8
        Participant
          @mlager8

@ebislit Is this the same table you have scans for listed on your site or do you have a separate WIP?

EBisLit
          Participant
            @ebislit

I have a different group of assets and was working on my own version utilizing the recently released LW3 table as a template. Its so cool seeing and playing this MJ table though and Rascal’s version has a lot of components completed that I was worried I wouldn’t know how to finish (upper playfield and those right plastics in particular).

Rascal – maybe we can sync up in the near future to coordinate an update? I can at least hand off some nice hi-res plastics and lower-half playfield assets, but I’d be more than happy to collaborate on a larger overhaul too.

Also.. Thanks for making this table! Its so crazy that this was ever able to find its way into the virtual world and onto our cabinets considering how rare it is.

Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation
              MemberContributor

Where did you get the hires plastics from @ebislit

EBisLit
              Participant
                @ebislit

Different “end result” assets, but probably from the same resources as others are using.. the various old pics on pinside, google, ebay, etc.  I think I just use a different approach to redrawing and retaining resolution when tweaking images (plastics, apron & playfield).  There’s still lots to do.. but attached are some side-by-side comparisons of plastics from this release vs some I have (that are still “in-progress”).  Also… this isn’t meant in any way to detract from Rascal’s release! He has completed a LOT of work that I had no idea how I would’ve even started on, I am just hoping some of my completed assets can also be utilized in getting closer to a really nice end result.

mj-sample

Itchigo
                Participant
                  @itchigo

I’m getting a Game Name Not Found error. Does that mean my VPinMame.Dll is out of date?

Be a Rogue! http://roguepinball.com/ Full Screen DirectB2s Tables no one else has!

Rajo Joey
                  Participant
                    @joey2001

I’m getting a Game Name Not Found error. Does that mean my VPinMame.Dll is out of date?

If you’ve got the right rom, then update SamBuild 3.3.

rascal
                    Participant
                      @rascal
                      MemberContributor

Different “end result” assets, but probably from the same resources as others are using.. the various old pics on pinside, google, ebay, etc. I think I just use a different approach to redrawing and retaining resolution when tweaking images (plastics, apron & playfield). There’s still lots to do.. but attached are some side-by-side comparisons of plastics from this release vs some I have (that are still “in-progress”). Also… this isn’t meant in any way to detract from Rascal’s release! He has completed a LOT of work that I had no idea how I would’ve even started on, I am just hoping some of my completed assets can also be utilized in getting closer to a really nice end result.

mj-sample

I’m done with this release, but its open to mod for anybody. You may just want to ask the original people who did LW3 like I did (see my thanks list).  I’m getting very busy in my home life and I’ll be taking a break from making or converting tables for a while. You should maybe team up with 32assassin on cleaning up or continuing this table. 32assassin has put a lot of work into his WIP and he has straightened out a lot of the lights and other stuff. My release is not perfect, I know that, and I don’t think its going to get much better without a clean scan of everything. There are just not a lot of resources to make it clean and complete. At least for now, everyone can play it and have fun. So please, be my guest at adding to it and making it better.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      32assassin
                      Participant
                        @32assassin

@ebislit

Rascal told me that he was not going to add all my changes

so I decided to do a complete rebuild  when I started to noticed that allot of things where not mapped correctly in the original LW3 VPX release.

-Full rebuild off all the objects that interact with the ball

-full code rebuild

-added correct prim domes. (added the LW3 color scheme to the domes)

-full light rebuild

among other things.

I was going to wait a few months before I released my version MJ and an updated LW3

but if you have  your own resources I can release this as a completely different table.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yhhen06odrfpna7/MJ%20table.mp4?dl=0

I also have a color project that is about 99% captured , probably %100

LW3 has some scenes where you get a  prompt saying “NOW”

You are suppose to pull the trigger  and shoot the bad guys.

I captured all the MJ scenes with the volume turned off.  so I don’t know if the “Now” scene is a thing in MJ

their are a few scenes that need to be colored; it might take a few hours to color each scene.

I’m not getting burned out by this color project to the point I don’t want to play the table

so I plan to color the missing scenes every other month;  If anyone wants to help me out

and expedite the release date feel free to help me out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmdgtq7asd9fj83/MJ%20color%20project.rar?dl=0

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                        https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

EBisLit
                        Participant
                          @ebislit

@rascal – Thanks Rascal! Much appreciated for permission to mod. As you mentioned, we might not be able to get it much better considering the limited resources, but perhaps 32 and I can collaborate towards some little improvements here and there.

@32assassin
                          – between this and the awesome LW3 tweaks you’ve mentioned on the VPForums, I would much rather take some extra time and work together on a joint effort then rush any releases out. I’m happy to help with anything you’re working on if you think I could add to the project(s). Let’s link up through PM.

outhere
                            @outhere
                            MemberContributorvipModerator

@rascal
                            Once again A great job on the game
                            I believe the switch numbers in the script for the Slingshot are Not the correct ones

ALEJANDRO
                            Participant
                              @alejandro

para quem esta tendo erro da linha 77 no script basta instalar a nova sambuild

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/4278-sambuild33-beta-thread/?do=findComment&comment=47736

ALEJANDRO MASTRONELY

JediWizard
                              Participant
                                @jediwizard

Thanks the table looks great!

Health is Wealth:Knowledge is Power

Viewing 14 posts - 21 through 34 (of 34 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?