Mike Tyson’s Punch Out VPX Table & Pup Pack!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

Reading from what Slidepoint said. It seems you based this table of that one. Sending it to friends that has “tigerking”, already installed would work just fine. But, if there are people that don’t have it and you don’t provide the file – then it will of course fail. Tom’s suggestion to used WIP thread and maybe release updates via drobox or something was maybe a better way for you to go forward. But, since the table is now approved, all you need to do is to improve on it and increase version numbers so we know that something changed ( use changelog ) Just changing the playfield is not going to get me to bite the hook and download. I very seldom download only graphical changed tables. ( exception to the rule, siggy ). Good luck.

nanuk
      Participant
        @nanuk

can’t load the table music is missing

ok got it working

nanuk
        Participant
          @nanuk

table working fine but now my table Tiger King (Original 2020) 1.3 load the punch out pup pack behind the b2s anyone know how to fix that

Tom
          Participant
            @armyaviation
            MemberContributor

@rivaldo85, i am not saying i dont like it, i havent played it yet because i dont have tiger king also.  I loaded the table up and looked at it and it looks exactly like the Playfield image looks.  The images were placed right over the lights.  Not to sound condescending, the lights are there for a reason.  They tell you points, bonuses, tasks, etc..  if you cover them up but still have lights working underneath them, what is the point of having it, it doesnt tell you anything.  My suggestion, since its your first table and everyone starts somewhere, Look at @@zimbakin s Top Gun mod.  This was one of the better table mods.  He took an existing design and totally rebuilt the graphics.  Study that table layout and the original table that he modded from.  If he used an image that would cover up the insert light, he either moved the light or took the image of the insert and placed it over his graphic.  You cant just remove lights from the table and expect the gameplay to be the same.

The biggest problem with most but not certainly all mods or original tables is that its either the same exact table as the one used to mod with a few different pictures, or people build original tables and there is no point to them except to watch a ball roll around the table.  I have almost 700 tables that i can do that with, we dont need more.

I hope that you take this theme and run with it.  Most of us 30-50 year old people have probably played this game and love the memories.  Study Top gun, see how he changed it, learn how to add primitives, there are alot of free 3d models on the internet that can be used and make a great table.  If you want to see how to use 3d models as primitives, I added 2 models to my Rambo table as “flare”  its a fun way to spruce up a table.

hawkeyez88
            Participant
              @hawkeyez88

So this appears to be a reskin of the reskin or Rolling Stones – Bally 1979. If you get music errors it’s because you probably didn’t download the Tiger King which the music is still being called out. Good photoshop work – great concept. You could use the orbital framework wrapped around this table skin and make your own rules as well.

Tom
              Participant
                @armyaviation
                MemberContributor

and if you have any questions on how to do any of this stuff, it would all be answered in the WIP thread if you make one

Slydog43
                Participant
                  @slydog43

Great start, please continue working/fixing a few issues with the table.  PUP doesn’t quit for me when I exit table.  Why does it play Tiger King music in background?

Love the theme

you should have something like this

Sub Table_exit()

With Controller
                  .Stop
                  End With
                  Controller.Pause = False
                  Controller.Stop
                  End Sub

rivaldo85
                  Participant
                    @rivaldo85

i forgot to add music folder this morning…i just added it..please confirm if you don’t see it now..ty

dazzadasha
                    Participant
                      @dazzadasha

All I can see from the screenshot is what looks like a Rolling Stones stripped down playfield with some Punchout images piled on top. You can still see the original table graphics poking through, and that’s it. An empty playfield ?. Is this meant to be a playfield only, or a complete table?

Friffy1
                      Participant
                        @friffy1

This table appears to be in a mostly-broken state, not ready for even pre-release.  I suggest it be taken down from this section.  We don’t need to be inundated with every tweak going forward wondering “Is this the one that will finally work as expected?”  As suggested by others, it belongs in WIP because that’s what it appears to be.  Those who are interested in its progress can follow it.  Those who aren’t interested can be left out of that process.

Best of luck to the modder!

Slydog43
                        Participant
                          @slydog43

Also please add a version number, this is very important to me as I know when its been updated,  I would also update the screen shot as its very confusing as its not how the game actually looks.   thanks

nanuk
                          Participant
                            @nanuk

guys be easy on the guy its his first table plus i made a pup pack 2 things that are hard to do… i actually do enjoy this table… keep up to hard work

rivaldo85
                            Participant
                              @rivaldo85

Thanks nanuk

u were only one with a positive comment…I did. Work hard at this. First time even using photoshop.

I did add music file last night…but table and pup pack work fine. I don’t know how to take a screenshot of tabel or video of it in action or I would

i

rivaldo85
                              Participant
                                @rivaldo85

Music folder uploaded late last night.  Sorry.  I don’t know how to exit scripts.  Sorry. If u can do and post update thst would b great.  Ty

elvinu
                                Participant
                                  @elvinu

i forgot to add music folder this morning…i just added it..please confirm if you don’t see it now..ty

I don’t see the music files/folder.  They don’t seem to be in either:

PUNCH OUT.zip

rollstob.zip

BTW, is rollstob.zip necessary?  The pup files seem to already be in PUNCH OUT.zip

In terms of the music files, I’m assuming I just have to wait for a third file to eventually appear for DL.

Besides that, the Topper and Pup Backglass worked right away.  I’ll probably change the Tiger King background to black (I’m a single screen laptop user).

Looking forward to testing this out.  Hope the music files are available soon.

rivaldo85
                                  Participant
                                    @rivaldo85

Go on download page.  2nd zip file is the music folder.

elvinu
                                    Participant
                                      @elvinu

Go on download page.  2nd zip file is the music folder.

When you say “download page”, do you mean this?

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=download&do=confirm_download&hash=b3db3bb1554dfc380558a558db7fdb6f

If so, this link doesn’t work for me.

If instead when you mention the 2nd zip file, do you mean either PUNCH OUT.zip or rollstob.zip which are found here?  If so, I didn’t find the music folder in either.

Can you provide a different link to your music folder?

TIA

djinfinity907
                                      Participant
                                        @djinfinity907

I would like to make a pup pack any tips you have would be great. nice table

rivaldo85
                                        Participant
                                          @rivaldo85

its on downlaod page..https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/mike-tysons-punch-out-vpx-table-pup-pack/

says rollzip – music file etc..

i hope its on there…i am new at this…loading files is challenging for me…

e-mail me if you don’t see it i will e-mail it to you….srivaldo@cralinc.com

djinfinity907
                                          Participant
                                            @djinfinity907

nope. still pup pack no music

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?