Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dr.Tom
    Participant
    @crile1
    MemberContributor

The next table I am adding DOFLinx to is Minions.  I’m a Dad, and yes, I do most of this for myself, but also for my kids..so of course I gotta do Minions.  I’m going to be posting some questions here and I would appreciate any responses.

First question: In this game there is a time where man-hole covers open and minions pop out.  So far, I have solenoid activating when they pop up.  I also have the knocker hit when they are hit and go down.  I’m 50/50 on the knocker.  I’m wondering if it will get annoying.  Thoughts?

TerryRed
    @terryred
    MemberContributorModerator

I’d have to play the table some more (i do have it on my cabinet…. I have almost all the good FP tables)….but I could see the knocker getting a bit annoying after a bit. If it’s a rare event on the table then it can be cool…   I don’t have a knocker myself.

Gotta love rom….he really did tables that catered to our generation.

I also would like feedback from others on tables I have done in terms of the use of the shaker motor…gear motor and fan. (too much, too little,etc)

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

I need to try these and will this weekend. Been busy with other projects. I will give these a try and report back this weekend

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
    for IOS and Android

Dr.Tom
    Participant
    @crile1
    MemberContributor

I am going to deep six the knocker idea, but will find another way to add it in.  I got the shaker effect working with a spinning minion (fyi, there is a shaker toy in Gremlins with the Deagle spinner).

I am trying to add at least one call to each toy, even the ones that I don’t have in my cabinet to be more universal.

Dr.Tom
    Participant
    @crile1
    MemberContributor

I need some help.  So, I’ve got some great flasher animations for ramps and such.  However, one ramp in particular is giving me a challenge. So, there is a kicker that launches onto a ramp, then the ball drops to another ramp and then down to the inlane.  When the ball “drops” there is a pause.  How can I get a flasher animation to delay between flashes or pause?  There is a trigger at this site on the table, but it is not assigned to anything.  Any suggestions?

TerryRed
    @terryred
    MemberContributorModerator

The idea being that when you want to “trigger” something, you use that trigger to enable the “delay” Timer (set to how long you want the delay to be ). Then when the “delay” Timer expires, that “delay expired” sub routine will then enable the Timer for your animation. You need to disable your delay Timer afterward as well so it will be setup for the next time.

As for your Minions idea…. its the same thing.  Just search for the name of that “trigger” throughout the entire script to be sure it isn’t being used for something else. If it isn’t then:

– create a new Timer called DOFLinx_TomDelayTimer, and set it to the time you need for a delay.

– we’ll refer to that Trigger on the playfield as TriggerTom.

– create a subroutine like this:            

‘DOFLinx Delay Timer Trigger for animation
    Sub TriggerTom_Hit()
    DOFLinx_TomDelayTimer.enabled
    End Sub

….and another sub routine like this:

Sub DOFLinx_TomDelayTimer_Expired()
    DOFLinx_Tom_Animation_Stage=1
    DOFLinx_Tom_Animation.Enabled=True
    DOFLinx_TomDelayTimer.Enabled=False
    End Sub

…. and create your animation to run within the “Sub DOFLinx_Tom_Animation_Expired()” sub routine.

Just change up the names to what you require and adjust your DOFLinx_TomDelayTimer   time as needed.

That should do it!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW