Mission Pinball Framework to Visual Pinball

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Sliderpoint
    Participant
      @sliderpoint
      MemberContributor

yeah, been through that.   I can even see the MPF.Controller registration in component services under DCOM.

Sliderpoint
      Participant
        @sliderpoint
        MemberContributor

@mfuegemann

Hey Michael, how goes your progress?

I finally got mine working correctly now and I’m jumping in to see how far I can get.  One thing it looks like is the platform code is going to need some help with any pincode that has a fadecandy controller for lights.  Mine is not happy that my laptop doesn’t have an actual fadecandy device. Will need to figure that out.

Anyways, happy to finally be working and digging in.

-Mike

mfuegemann
        Participant
          @mfuegemann

Hi Mike,

I added some new methods to the VPX platform and the bridge. Jabdoa2 merged the platform changes into the dev version 0.53 and the extended bridge is availiable at GitHub. There You can find a new VPX demo table too.

We can now use Controller.PulseSW to pulse a target switch, normally closed switches are handled correctly, the light types led and flasher are handled and I am monitoring hardware rules to enable/disable autofire coils.

Maybe You can send me Your MPF machine folder, so I can have a look. The long term goal for me is to provide a solution, that lets You develop the MPF files for the real hardware platforms using VPX.

Michael

mfuegemann
          Participant
            @mfuegemann

Oh, and You can use string type numbers for lights and solenoids now.

mfuegemann
            Participant
              @mfuegemann

Hi Mike,

the lights.yaml is looking fine. The rgb LEDs should behave as matrix lights. I am not processing the Colors at the moment.

I will play a bit with the fadecandy setting and Your example.

mfuegemann
              Participant
                @mfuegemann

Hi Mike,

if I add the “lights: fadecandy” line to my hardware section, MPF is not starting well. Maybe I would have to install the server, but without any of the hardware this seems to be no good approach.

Could You comment out the “lights: fadecandy” line in Your Lights.yaml, just for the VPX test? It would be interesting, if the table is starting up normally that way.

Michael

BorgDog
                Participant
                  @borgdog
                  MemberContributorvip

Mike, are you running MPF with the force virtual flags?  -x or -X

I haven’t tried running mine yet with the vpx bridge

Sliderpoint
                  Participant
                    @sliderpoint
                    MemberContributor

Will try to comment out the fadecandy and let you know.

No -X or x, just changed the platform. Although I still have a bunch of code to do on the vpx table before I can even test that part. This was just to see what kind of issues pop up just with the platform change.

-Mike

Sliderpoint
                    Participant
                      @sliderpoint
                      MemberContributor

removing the fadecandy hardware controller results in other errors related to RGB’s.

ERROR : root : Type rgb does not match channels [{‘number’: ‘0-0’, ‘subtype’: None, ‘platform’: None, ‘platform_settings’: {}}] for light l_left_inlane
                      Traceback (most recent call last):

and

AssertionError: Type rgb does not match channels [{‘number’: ‘0-0’, ‘subtype’: None, ‘platform’: None, ‘platform_settings’: {}}] for light l_left_inlane

so I can’t even run MPF to test VPX table.

-Mike

Sliderpoint
                      Participant
                        @sliderpoint
                        MemberContributor

So I was able to bypass those by changing ‘fadecandy’ to ‘virtual’.   This allows me to proceed further.  We’ll see what the results are.

-Mike

jab
                        Participant
                          @jabdoa

The virtual_pinball platform in MPF currently only supports single channel lights (i.e. only one color). Additionally, we currently either return True if brightness > 50% or False otherwise. Not sure if that is strictly needed for VPX. We could easily change this to return a float 0-1 value.  Additionally, there are two ways to change the light from single color to multiple color:

a) Use 3 channels for an RGB light. We could use “subtype: led” to do that. However, you would get three lights in VPX. That is how most hardware platforms (such as Spike, PD-LED) do it. You can test it using this syntax: http://docs.missionpinball.org/en/dev/config/lights.html#channels (use subtype led).
                          b) Create a unified light for VPX. I guess that would be much nicer. FAST has something similar because they got one command to update three brightness values for one color at once.

With option (b) you would get a color triple in VPX for some types of lights (i.e. subtype led). Additionally, we should return the brightness for all other type (or maybe everything except flashers). Let me know what you think!

Jan

Mr_H
                          Participant
                            @jhopwood

Hey gang,

So I’m jumping on board and going to give it a go and build a table with VPX and MPF with rules, coding, lcd screen for scoring …. all that. Much like the Sonic Spinball table that is being created. And then maybe one day when I understand it properly build one. So I’m thinking I’ll dig through the test table and look into all the mpf files and see how it all works and relates. How does vpx and mpf talk to each other? I’m looking at the vpx file and I see things labelled ‘Bumper1’ and ‘Trigger_A1’ etc but search all the yaml files  in MPF folder and I don’t see these mentioned in any of them. Any help? Cheers.

LTA
                            Participant
                              @luvthatapex
                              Here is your starting point! Mission pinball has very good documentation, just read and follow the links…. good luck!

Hey gang,

So I’m jumping on board and going to give it a go and build a table with VPX and MPF with rules, coding, lcd screen for scoring …. all that. Much like the Sonic Spinball table that is being created. And then maybe one day when I understand it properly build one. So I’m thinking I’ll dig through the test table and look into all the mpf files and see how it all works and relates. How does vpx and mpf talk to each other? I’m looking at the vpx file and I see things labelled ‘Bumper1’ and ‘Trigger_A1’ etc but search all the yaml files in MPF folder and I don’t see these mentioned in any of them. Any help? Cheers.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              Mr_H
                              Participant
                                @jhopwood

Yeah I’ve got it all up and running easily. Now to just learn how to code etc in mpf and away I go.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?