MODS of tables

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

You need permission from original author. If you dont have permission then DO NOT upload it.

The MOD must have substantial fixes or cosmetic changes to be considered for approval.

Moderators have  the right to NOT approve the mod for ANY reason.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

shiva
      Participant
        @shiva

Randr, no offense but you need to go a bit further than that. Other websites have said the same thing, yet every once in a while, someone lifts that corner of the rug and this issue keeps coming back, and one of these days, it could bite the site owner in the ass big time. If I can suggest a actual solution, and if it was me personally, I would modify my upload page and add 2 questions just for modded works.

1. Do you have the original authors permission to mod his work if he has stated that he wishes to approve any mods before they can be released?

2. If there is a original copyright that was included, is it still present in this newer version?

Then would be a statement detailing the policy of this website on mods if the user stated NO on any of those 2 questions. If you can tie it into your database and have that displayed, it sure would have solved a lot of these problems by not having them happen in the first place. No one has a excuse for not knowing this policy, authors can easily communicate their wishes when the first version is released, and everything is just a hell of a lot clearer on whether something can be modded or not, and the people that should be protected are protected. The first question is for everyone, I added the second one just for you and your protection.

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Bigus1
        Participant
          @bigus1

Hallelujah, shiva gets it. Too late for me but it might help someone in future. Sayonara

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Normally it’s not a problem here as I asked the uploader if he had permission to mod but another mod approved the table so it was a slip up but will not happen again. The rule here has always been without permission it’s not approved it’s really that simple

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

shiva
            Participant
              @shiva

I know that. That’s the reason I am even here. I agree with them, and you are the type of person that I know will back them up, and you have my respect for that. Very few actual people back it up, but I also remember my time, I tried to back up everything I said, and no matter what, there was always someone that didn’t like it and made my life difficult. If I had known everything I know now, I would have done a few things differently, and this would be one of the first thing I would do, because of all the things it does, the most important thing is it’s “clarity”. And with that comes more self confidence in that website, something that is starting to appear is not happening at the other place. As a (former) author, my work matters to me, and I will only share my work in places I choose, and in ones that I have the most confidence in to respect my wishes.

The thing is though is you put it in a forum post, it’s going to be missed, or lost down the road, and I can tell you from experience you just don’t want to handle this type of problem, nobody wins from this, everyone just loses. This is just my solution to try and actually try and solve this problem, someone here may come up with a far better solution. This crap has just gone on and on, the only thing good about it is at least it’s at vpf, and not here. That’s the reason I am even saying anything, just don’t want to see it ever happen here.

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?