Monster Bash VPX wip

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

Here is something ive been working on. soon to be released but still plenty to do!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

Attachments:
      Vampirolatino2
      Participant
        @vampirolatino2

Nice wip randr! :good:

freneticamnesic
          @freneticamnesic
          vipModeratorMember

I look forward to answering Question

Punch it!

Blashyrk
          Participant
            @blashyrk

I will mesmerize you with my semi-circular movement! Looks great randr :)

toxie
            Participant
              @toxie
              VP DEVMember

woohoo!

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Another small progress picture. fully playable with some glitches. no GI yet

for IOS and Android

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Got issues sorted out with toys so now all move correctly! fully playable but need frens help with lights i just cannot get them to look like his tables and he kinda sets the standard for lighting!

may have a playable wip if anyone is interested tonight! let me know if your interested in testing the table to see how it plays

for IOS and Android

Coindropper
                  Participant
                    @coindropper

Looks great Randr, definitely looking forward to a wip!

senseless
                    Participant
                      @senseless

One of my favourites. Looks really good. nice work sofar :).

Josh
                      Participant
                        @osujd

Looks really cool…I would definitely test it out if available

Sliderpoint
                        Participant
                          @sliderpoint
                          MemberContributor

Is this a continuation of the one by you and UW way back in March?

-Mike

STAT
                          Participant
                            @stefanaustria
                            MemberContributor

everytime when i tap through PinballX menu, i stop at your (and UWs) “Masterpiece vp9 MB” and play a game,
                            cant wait for this VPX ! thanks randr

And of course, i can test it … because i played the real one and VP maany hours :)

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Uploaded a wip29 ITS A WIP for testing table only!
                              If your willing to test please report issues here in this thread.

Known issues:
                              Lighting is not even close to finished
                              Physics needs tunning(you provide feedback)
                              Need to keep making primitive obj’s to replace current plastics(walls)

Anyways it should be fully playable so let me know bugs and suggestions you find.

Download here if you want to test wip

********************************************************
                              for IOS and Android

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Is this a continuation of the one by you and UW way back in March?

-Mike

Yes same table but I ported to vp10 by removing raised playfield ramp and lowering every single object. Honestly a huge job just to get this far. Will work on physics during New Years holiday.

for IOS and Android

markrock76
                                Participant
                                  @markrock76

Really great table so far. I think it already is playing pretty good. Ball has some weight but not too heavy so it still has some liveliness around the playfield. Maybe gets a little too much ball spin at times but not as bad as I have seen. Love the reflections also. Really adds another dimension to the game. Unfortunately with reflections on I get the micro stutter action with the ball. Is this something tweakable on a table by table basis in VP or just an overall VP thing? When i use vsync set to 1 the table plays really well but it drops to 30fps periodically which affects play. Anyone have any suggestion as far as that goes. Some tables do not drop to 30fps and some do. Is this something that can be optimized within a table? Once lighting gets worked out with this table it will truly be an awesome VPX table. All hard work is much appreciated. Oh yeah, when the Frank bank drops and the ball is hit up the ramp it is not stopped first time, but maybe third or fourth time. Is that correct? I can’t remember but I thought it was always stopped first time.

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Thanks for feedback. The fps issue must be a setting you have wrong in vp preferences or you have a older pc? What’s your specs? The frank switch is giving me issues will work on that its supposed to trigger first time.

for IOS and Android

markrock76
                                    Participant
                                      @markrock76

I’ve played a round with the settings quite a bit and I feel I’ve got it really good for what I can. If I try vsync, setting it to 1 seems to be the best solution except for the occasional drop to 30 fps on some tables. For Monster Bash, I get about 135 fps with reflections on but have very fine micro stutter. Ball just does not move fluidly but is still playable. With reflections off, I get 165 fps and more fluid ball movement. Some tables I turn the reflections off and no big deal, but this one is just too good with reflections on.

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Try my settings your system is more then enough you should not have stutter

for IOS and Android

markrock76
                                        Participant
                                          @markrock76

First tests with the settings seem positive. Thanks. I’ll keep testing!

roar
                                          Participant
                                            @roar

I’m new around here so I’m not too sure how to provide useful feedback… so how about some positive encouragement? :)

I’ve spent a fair amount of time playing a real Monster Bash years ago and countless more hours playing it on my iPad via PBA… I think this version is looking really great and I am sure will find a home in my regular rotation once I get the new cabinet put together. I will need to play some more as I’d like to check out how you are handling the phantom flip, the kickout is not putting the ball on my left flipper like I’m expecting it to, rather it is hammering it right into the left sling… maybe I’m just used to PBA delivering it to the left flipper and the real MB didn’t but I miss it. A couple weird things I have to assume are due to my inexperience, but I can’t find the DMD anywhere… it is playing fine, but I can’t see the DMD screen anywhere, when I test the ROM in VPinMAME it shows up, just not showing up in game… as well, no flipper sounds… anyway, sorry for what is likely not very helpful feedback… but I enjoyed the WIP.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 184 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?