Monster Bash VPX wip

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

I’m new around here so I’m not too sure how to provide useful feedback… so how about some positive encouragement? :)

I’ve spent a fair amount of time playing a real Monster Bash years ago and countless more hours playing it on my iPad via PBA… I think this version is looking really great and I am sure will find a home in my regular rotation once I get the new cabinet put together. I will need to play some more as I’d like to check out how you are handling the phantom flip, the kickout is not putting the ball on my left flipper like I’m expecting it to, rather it is hammering it right into the left sling… maybe I’m just used to PBA delivering it to the left flipper and the real MB didn’t but I miss it. A couple weird things I have to assume are due to my inexperience, but I can’t find the DMD anywhere… it is playing fine, but I can’t see the DMD screen anywhere, when I test the ROM in VPinMAME it shows up, just not showing up in game… as well, no flipper sounds… anyway, sorry for what is likely not very helpful feedback… but I enjoyed the WIP.

@roar
      Line 135 in script change 50 to 24 its just to strong. I will up new wip with mostly physics changes and GI lights closer to final. Also rolling sounds added

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Updated download to WIP31

first primitive plastics(slings)
        adjusted physics
        adjusted scoop kicker
        first run at GI lights
        still a bug on frank trigger may take a couple shots to activate table
        ball rolling sounds and drop sounds

anyone willing to try it?

for IOS and Android

CarnyPriest
        Participant
          @carnypriest

Hi, I play on a cab. In addition to changing VPinMAME.controller to B2S.Server, I have to change line 15 to VarHidden=0 or else the DMD is hidden.

I’m not much of a beta tester. I don’t get around to playing the real machines very often at all. I did notice the improvements in physics from wip29. I also do understand the general complaint about playfield friction settings with VPX, that the ball appears to “bite” into the playfield surface. I experienced an instance where the ball seemed to crawl up the left flipper on a catch. I’m sure you have seen where VPDev are working on some standard physics setting recommendations:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=33305

Love the collision effects on primitives, especially Drac and Frank (during multiball). Somebody suggested a long time ago having Frank’s arms swing when getting struck and that effect is implemented well here. JP’s AFM release shows a collision effect with the saucer target bank is hit (it actually might be even a little excessive but it’s been a very long time since I’ve played the real deal so what do I know). Still it might be nice to see a collision effect on the Frank target bank.

Looking really good! :good:

roar
          Participant
            @roar

Thanks for the new wip… it is playing nice. I never recall such a hard time getting the Phantom Flip, but that middle target seems really buried back there, I checked the real game and sure enough it is tucked in behind the frankie bank but man, I can’t get that mode started to save my soul. I went back to the Pinball Arcade version and got it on my first ball. Need to go find a real machine and see how it plays :)

Thanks for the tip on the DMD! Mine is now displaying.

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

@roar thank you for testing! I upped wip33 should fix center phantom target. Also this wip has many more primitive plastics added I’ve been making them slowly. Just FYI I have owned a mb since 1999 bought it new in box and still have it :)

for IOS and Android

Vampirolatino2
              Participant
                @vampirolatino2

Hi randr and everyone! Sorry I haven’t beta test this wip :( my cab is in his final stretch and is in the wiring phase. Cab is all gutted and can’t play any of the new or wip releases until I finish this mess.

Happy New Year vpinball.com!

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

This is what it looks like so far after most things are 3d objects now. I think its cool still lots to do though

for IOS and Android

Attachments:
                  TNT2
                  Participant
                    @tnt2

@roar thank you for testing! I upped wip33 should fix center phantom target. Also this wip has many more primitive plastics added I’ve been making them slowly. Just FYI I have owned a mb since 1999 bought it new in box and still have it :)

Wow. Very cool.

Clark Kent
                    Participant
                      @clarkkent
                      MemberContributor

On my system ball stutter starts by reducing fps to 30 because the processor reduces speed from 3,2 GHz to 1,6 GHz while playing! Maybe you can watch this, too! I haven’t found a solution for this, maybe VPX is causing this?

Clark Kent
                      Participant
                        @clarkkent
                        MemberContributor

Table and flippers physics settings are nice but the flippers positions are not optimal. I think the angle should be 123 and 71. Maybe the length is also too long, just check on your real machine if the flippers are that long, otherwise 118 to 120 would be better.

And I set my fs settings to these values: 12,30,70,270,1.11,1.4,1,-10,3,0

markrock76
                        Participant
                          @markrock76

Really enjoying this table. Will surely be great when finished. Thanks for the FS settings Clark I think they look good. A couple things I have noticed. Plunge almost always goes to first lane. Drac does not mesmerize me with his semi-circular movement; he just goes back in to his coffin. I had the ball go backwards down the right ramp after hitting it under Frank (instead of normal path it takes it went back and to the right and down the metal ramp not the wire ramp). This probably had to do with crazy ball spin pulling it the other direction. Table plays good for me with reflections enabled and with either no vsync or vsync set to 120. If I set vsync to 1 and play without the dmd showing I don’t think my fps ever dropped below 60 and played great. As soon as I played with dmd showing is when I get fps dropping randomly to 30. I think that is accurate.

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

upped a new wip34 should take care of issue where ball always goes in lane one i hope. Mostly this is just more primitive plastics really and fixed lights on creature sign(primitive sign btw) but still not even close to finished. I did change FS settings to ones mentioned here in thread :)

Remember feedback helps! I know this is not normal to publicly release wips but hey it motivates me so keep trying them guys!

DT screen shot

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

STAT
                            Participant
                              @stefanaustria
                              MemberContributor

Going to a Long Test to Cab now, thanks randr … :bye:

STAT
                              Participant
                                @stefanaustria
                                MemberContributor

I dont know, Physics were prev. a bit better i think.
                                Ball dont lock at right Ramp, when all Franky Parts done … (like VP9 do).
                                (Edit: ah now there was once… Franky Mod / and now at the second pass at ramp)
                                B2S = false/true ‘ok dont work, as you know.
                                Continue …

Flippers should be a bit stronger, its hard to roll through left ramp.

Clark Kent
                                Participant
                                  @clarkkent
                                  MemberContributor

I still think flipper positions are better with 123/71 as with the current settings it’s possible to stop the ball when it’s rolling down the inlanes – which is not possible on a real pinball machine.

The left primitive plastic is not shown correctly, I have a lot of horizontal fine black lines un it.

And is there a reason why you lowered the playfield again? It was a really nice effect to see the ball actually fall down a hole in the old version. Now it’s flat and the effect gone.

ICPjuggla
                                    @icpjuggla
                                    MembervipModerator

@clarkkent Playfield hight has no effect on the ball or falling into a hole. Basically it’s useless in VPX.

If a wall is used to raise the pf then you won’t have reflections on the table as its not possible with a wall. I’m sure @randr will get some good results using a kicker for a realistic fall though effect. :-)

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

I still think flipper positions are better with 123/71 as with the current settings it’s possible to stop the ball when it’s rolling down the inlanes – which is not possible on a real pinball machine.

The left primitive plastic is not shown correctly, I have a lot of horizontal fine black lines un it.

And is there a reason why you lowered the playfield again? It was a really nice effect to see the ball actually fall down a hole in the old version. Now it’s flat and the effect gone.

This is A “playable” wip @clarkkent Have not really worked much on physics at all. I am working on replacing everything with primitives. Its not final. I take all feedback and will put it all in table givin time. again a playable wip is all this is so far :) so keep comments coming please

for IOS and Android

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

ok. everything plastic is now a model. Wow did that take some time! I also modded some inserts in playfield so they look much better now, mainly drack inserts and frank inserts. Again most people probably wouldnt even know plastics are all primitives but i think it looks nicer then a ramp or wall with new vp10 lighting.

here is pic of all primitive plastics! next is working on physics and lighting

for IOS and Android

Attachments:
                                        roar
                                        Participant
                                          @roar

randr – Getting better with every WIP. I thought Not sure about this one, but I thought I could change the lit phantom flip inlane via flipper, maybe that is a rom setting, I should check there.

There does appear to be something wrong with your real MB though… no track wear, no saucer wear and no scoop wear… :) It’s a beauty and on my ‘if I win the lotto’ list :)

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Upped wip36b

Changed a few inserts to better images.
                                            all plastics are primitives now.
                                            The lighting is proving to be a challenge i need help with it :(
                                            The phantom flip lanes change here with flippers those are new insert images btw in this wip
                                            Fixed “dig” lane area that should be more random now

NO physics changes or any other fixes in this wip! just primitives and inserts

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 184 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?