Monster Bash VPX wip

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    Les Thompson
    Participant
      @les73gtx

Oh man …. 3 great tables to showcase my cab and VP10 now … and no disrespect to anyone else  …but wow great job.

Monster Bash

MM from Tom T

and CV DMD Mod

Awesome work by everyone  :yahoo:   :good:

Scotty VH
        @scottt
        ModeratorMember

oh man… Thanks! really means a lot to me when you say that! I love this hobby and wish I could do more! My skills require a lot of help from other great VP members around here so make sure you thank them too! :heart:

I aspire to the day when I can contribute something more than merely moral support.  I’m blown away by everyone’s skills in making these tables.  Who could have predicted back in the day playing the originals that this would all be emulated this way?  Unimaginable magic!

Umpa
        Participant
          @umpa

just played this what a great table. Thank you!

Clark Kent
          Participant
            @clarkkent
            MemberContributor

Hi, Randr!

If you are interested: I revised the physics because the ball was floating too much for me. I’m using the standard physic used in all new releases, plays very realistic now. Added ball size 51 with correct ball mass for this size.

Revised the flippers and the inlanes as these were inaccurate. The interaction between inlanes and flippers is ofter underrated. It’s important that the upper edge of the inlanes should always be just a very little bit higher that the upper edge of the flippers and if you draw an imaginary extension of the upper edge of the inlane walls the distance between this extension and the thickest part of the flipper finger should be the same on both sides.

And I removed the not working primitives at the slingshots and added fully working animated slingshots with new sounds. I adjusted the ramps 2633-36 just a little bit again and made the bumpers are a little bit stronger. And I found some walls with friction 0 or 0,0015 (instead of 0,15). Adjusted these, too.

This version is still not perfect, I found several design problems but I did not correct all of them. There are also a lot of unnecessary walls which can be removed because you already added rubbers there. That’s work in progress.

I only still have the problem that the drain is not always recognized right as you can hear the ball drain but the bonus points are not counted and no new ball is presented. Discussed this with several authors but nobody seems to find the reason for this…

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdhzy986i5wdzr1/Monster%20Bash%20VPX%201.3.1.rar?dl=0

ALDiode
            Participant
              @aldiode

I only still have the problem that the drain is not always recognized right as you can hear the ball drain but the bonus points are not counted and no new ball is presented. Discussed this with several authors but nobody seems to find the reason for this…

Clark,

I was having the same problem with the ball not registering a drain properly. I moved the apron off the playfield (see below) so that I could watch what happens when the ball drains. When the ball fails to register a drain, it rolls past the invisible drain kicker along the bottom edge of the table toward the plunger and then falls beneath the table at the plunger (see arrow for path)

Hope that helps.

AL

Attachments:
              randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

I have never had it happen but i can look at adding a wall should fix issue but again has not been a problem for me. Thanks for the screenshot it helps

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

ALDiode
                Participant
                  @aldiode

I have never had it happen but i can look at adding a wall should fix issue but again has not been a problem for me. Thanks for the screenshot it helps

Randr,

Disregard that. I had a senior moment and moved the wall with the apron image off the field as well. I did notice that the wall is touching the kicker (see image) so I centered it away from the wall and increased its radius a bit and it seems to work right now. Thank for the great table!

AL

Attachments:
                  Clark Kent
                  Participant
                    @clarkkent
                    MemberContributor

Unfortunately this does also not help. No idea what it really causes it…

Umpa
                    Participant
                      @umpa

I tried Clarks version and had the drain issue. Went back to original didn’t have the problem. Not sure if that helps

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Well i dont use Clark Kents version so explains why i dont have any problem. :)

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

Clark Kent
                        Participant
                          @clarkkent
                          MemberContributor

Nevertheless the problem must be somewhere within your table as I only changed inlanes and flippers – this never happend on any revised table until now (and I’m revising a lot). The drain destroys the ball correctly but somehow it does not know sometimes that it did.

topcat
                          Participant
                            @topcat

Clark I guess I don’t understand? The “official” released version is fine but your modded version is the issue so something is different with your personal modded version no?

ninuzzu
                            Participant
                              @ninuzzu
                              vipMember

I had the same problem with Twilight Zone 1.1

The issue occurs because you changed eleasticity/friction of Wall78.

Decrease the elasticity ( I used a very low value) and increase the drain kicker size a little bit and the problem disappears.

Also the old cvpmballstack should be removed in the script, it’s better to use the new cvpmtrough and cvpmsaucer.

So go to line 75 and replace the cvpmballstack with this

Set bsTrough = New cvpmTrough
                              With bsTrough
                              .Size = 4
                              .InitSwitches Array(32, 33, 34, 35)
                              .Initexit BallRelease,90,6
                              .Balls = 4
                              .InitEntrySounds “Drain”, “” , “”
                              .InitExitSounds SoundFX(“Solenoid”,DOFContactors), SoundFX(“ballrelease”,DOFContactors)
                              End With

Clark Kent
                              Participant
                                @clarkkent
                                MemberContributor

Many thanx! I never thought a changed elasticity can cause this weird problem! Great finding! Even JP didn’t find this…

So maybe my improvements to physics are now considered to be included.

I still plan to work on the table because there are some smaller problems and a lot of unused walls.

ninuzzu
                                Participant
                                  @ninuzzu
                                  vipMember

I noticed another important thing:

since the game complains about sw31 (through eject) , I searched it in the script and I didn’t find it.

Quick fix:

First remove the drain sound from the drain_hit sub, it’s already declared in the .InitEntrySounds

Now change the SolCallback(9) to

SolCallback(9) = “ReleaseBall”

Then add this routine

Sub ReleaseBall(enabled)
                                  If Enabled And bsTrough.Balls > 0 Then
                                  vpmTimer.PulseSw 31
                                  bsTrough.ExitSol_On
                                  End If
                                  End Sub

This is the same routine I used in CC, the same that JP used in TOTAN, it’s the standard for all WPC games.

(They have all the same switches numbers)

The first time the game will still complain about it, but once it’s triggered the first time, the error disappears.

I think that this, in addition with the “not correct” scripted trough, is the real cause of the issue.

Clark Kent
                                  Participant
                                    @clarkkent
                                    MemberContributor

Ok, thanx again! I knew that there must be some problems in the script.

I uploaded the new working version. Just use the link above.

STAT
                                    Participant
                                      @stefanaustria
                                      MemberContributor

randr, you will update your DL also ?

Clark Kent
                                      Participant
                                        @clarkkent
                                        MemberContributor

Trigger1 is not placed correctly. When the ball is shot onto the playfield, the switch remains activated. Unfortunately VPX doesn’t forgive the smallest inaccuracy. I corrected this and updated my upload.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                        randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

randr, you will update your DL also ?

Yeah i will update with Ninuzzu’s script changes but will wait on another release until i finish some more cosmetic upgrades to table and lighting tweaks

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Clark Kent
                                          Participant
                                            @clarkkent
                                            MemberContributor

I have scanned plastics. Wouldn’t it be better to replace the ones from the table as some are really really bad?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0je2uqmdva4mvkn/AABAcC658X-Riet77J5iaK7Ma?dl=0

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 184 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?