Munsters 2020 (Stern/Tribute)

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 277 total)
  • Author
    fourbanks
    Participant
      @fourbanks

Be sure to upgrade both table and pup pack to the latest.

I’m using

VPX6setup/VPX_7_beta_rev4171/ VPinMAME33_beta (3)/ PinUPPlayer_Install_v1_4_1 hope thats all up to date ?

thanks

You are not

SAMBuild_r5037 is that the latest? I’ve been following a different thread which has VPinMAME33_beta (3) as the latest.  have I missed anything else?

thanks

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

This is an original – doesn’t use pinmame – so your question is irrelevant to the issue. I know that popper is a 1.4.5 – pinup player ? – no idea.

fourbanks
        Participant
          @fourbanks

This is an original – doesn’t use pinmame – so your question is irrelevant to the issue. I know that popper is a 1.4.5 – pinup player ? – no idea.

so what configuration of software does one need? or what tutorial is the best to follow. I can’t be far out as the table works perfectly well when it’s working

iaakki
          Participant
            @iaakki

Yes I tried but the lightsequence works just fine in attract mode but you cant implement it during play without it messing up everything in terms of lights and scoring.

You can hit a target/bumper/etc .. I turn the light off but if a GI effect is active it will leave the light at whatever the state was when the effect started (or so its supposed to work) .. and then it leave lights in a weird state. I have yet to see a table that has those effects working.

Oh OK. Seems odd as this kind of mechanisms are rather common in many tables. If you can find some original table where gi effects works well, post it for me. I can dig into code and try to help.

iaakki
            Participant
              @iaakki

Yes I tried but the lightsequence works just fine in attract mode but you cant implement it during play without it messing up everything in terms of lights and scoring.

You can hit a target/bumper/etc .. I turn the light off but if a GI effect is active it will leave the light at whatever the state was when the effect started (or so its supposed to work) .. and then it leave lights in a weird state. I have yet to see a table that has those effects working.

Oh OK. Seems odd as this kind of mechanisms are rather common in many tables. If you can find some original table where gi effects works well, post it for me. I can dig into code and try to help.

This one looks promising: https://docs.orbitalpin.com/light-runs
              “To make these effects look even better have your GI and Spotlights coded to post their status as shown in lines 66-72 below in the code block. This will allow the script to turn off your gis and spots while the lights run and then flip them back on when it’s complete.”

Edit: OK I tested it and you are correct. It messes up the insert lights after the effect. Dunno why. Documentation says it should not affect to light states. Maybe lights are set in different way?

One addition. When ball gets locked to Herman magnet and you drain the ball, the first ball will be released from magnet PLUS the game should launch second ball automatically. You get 2 ball multiball. Noticed this several times when testing the real table. Also sometimes the game will feed 2 balls for plunger. This may be a bug, as I saw it in one YT video too.

Edit2: Ok removing sub LightSeqSkillshot_PlayDone() helped. ;) Now the insert lights wont mess up after light sequence.

Daryl
              Participant
                @allknowing2012

One addition. When ball gets locked to Herman magnet and you drain the ball, the first ball will be released from magnet PLUS the game should launch second ball automatically. You get 2 ball multiball

When you have a ball on the magnet and you drain the extra — that is 2 balls .. you already lost one :-) It is correct as coded. Otherwise there is added benefit to hitting it off the magnet.

iaakki
                Participant
                  @iaakki
                  1. One addition. When ball gets locked to Herman magnet and you drain the ball, the first ball will be released from magnet PLUS the game should launch second ball automatically. You get 2 ball multiball

When you have a ball on the magnet and you drain the extra — that is 2 balls .. you already lost one :-) It is correct as coded. Otherwise there is added benefit to hitting it off the magnet.

So if you hit that ball in the magnet, you get 3 balls in play eventually. 2 balls and one additional is shot from plunger.

When you cannot hit magnet ball and you drain at this point. Magnet will drop the ball and yet again one additional ball is shot from plunger. So then you have 2 balls in play eventually. Current vpx won’t shoot this additional ball from plunger at this point, and you have only one ball in play eventually.

This 2 ball case can be seen in this video at 2:11:05, where ball got drained as Herman hold one in magnet. Dead flip tried to shake the ball from magnet, but that doesn’t matter the end result. https://youtu.be/l0mU3X2ce0w

This happened to me twice, as I’m not that good of a player.. ? The added benefit is 3 ball multiball instead of 2.

L0stS0ul
                  Participant
                    @l0sts0ul

There is a lot of benefit to hitting the ball off the magnet. You not only get the points but also a 3 ball multiball. Bonus tip: Complete dragula to light add a ball and collect in dragula scoop for a 4 ball herman.

http://tiltforums.com/t/the-munsters-rulesheet/4781

7x4x1z
                    Participant
                      @cookieraid

1 star sorry.

I have no music, and DMD. I’m not going to read through 11 pages just to troubleshoot. Please fix and update. Table looks great by the way, one of the best looking tables I’ve seen actually.

Mlager8
                      Participant
                        @mlager8

1 star sorry.

I have no music, and DMD. I’m not going to read through 11 pages just to troubleshoot. Please fix and update. Table looks great by the way, one of the best looking tables I’ve seen actually.

1 star sorry.

Wow that is such a complete shit attitude, there’s a multitude of reasons why something my not be working and its most likely due to YOUR system as I don’t see an overwhelming number of replies stating issues like you’re describing. If you’d ask for help kindly I’m sure you’g get it…

2 users thanked author for this post.
                        7x4x1z
                        Participant
                          @cookieraid

er of replies stating issues like you’re describing. If you’d ask for help kindly I’m sure you’g get it…

Don’t like my attitude tough shit. My response wasn’t for YOU to answer, as I was not addressing you. Since you brought it up, I have no problems with all my other tables with sound and DMD, so it’s NOT my system.. asshole.

outhere
                            @outhere
                            MemberContributorvipModerator

1 star sorry.

This game does not use a DMD
                            The score is on the back glass or if you have a large 16.9 DMD screen And as far as the music/Sounds works fine

Mlager8
                            Participant
                              @mlager8

er of replies stating issues like you’re describing. If you’d ask for help kindly I’m sure you’g get it…

Don’t like my attitude tough shit. My response wasn’t for YOU to answer, as I was not addressing you. Since you brought it up, I have no problems with all my other tables with sound and DMD, so it’s NOT my system.. asshole.

No one else is having trouble with the sound so I think it is your system… I’m pretty sure telling the author to fix his table without wanting to make sure you even have it set up right becuase you don’t want to read qualifies you as the asshole

7x4x1z
                              Participant
                                @cookieraid

1 star sorry.

This game does not use a DMD

The score is on the back glass or if you have a large 16.9 DMD screen And as far as the music/Sounds works fine

Thanks for the friendly response. My music plays with the pup-pack, and thanks for letting me know about the DMD.

7x4x1z
                                Participant
                                  @cookieraid

No one else is having trouble with the sound so I think it is your system… I’m pretty sure telling the author to fix his table without wanting to make sure you even have it set up right becuase you don’t want to read qualifies you as the asshole

Just because ‘no one else is having trouble’ doesn’t prove it’s ‘my system’… “I’m pretty sure” if you left out the ‘complete shit’ comment, I would not have called you an asshole. outhere was polite with me, and the issue was resolved in a peaceful and friendly manner. Maybe you should take some notes.

Post Script: Yes I should have read all the readme files. I was in the wrong. I do apologize.

The Loafer
                                  Participant
                                    @theloafer

I was about to tear into you too because if mlager8 tore you a new one it’s because you showed an incredible shitty attitude blaming the author and saying “1 star”.  Would it have been hard Asking for help without the attitude

but I gotta say you ended that last post well, took ownership.  Everyone can over react, it happens but usually it ends with people slamming the door on the way out. Good on you for not sticking to your guns on this one

rereading my last post, it sounds condescending. It’s not meant like that, it’s a Bonafide kudo sent in your direction

Tom
                                    Participant
                                      @armyaviation
                                      MemberContributor

Hey @cookieraid, I think you need to check your attitude.  You were the one that posted something telling the table author what to do.  Why do you feel the right to boss them around just for your satisfaction.  That’s not how shit works around here and based on your stats, you need to put some work in around here before you start running your mouth, especially to people like @mlager8.  That’s a real easy way to get banned from this site for good.  Politeness goes along way when people make shit for other people for FREE

7x4x1z
                                      Participant
                                        @cookieraid

Hey @cookieraid, I think you need to check your attitude. You were the one that posted something telling the table author what to do. Why do you feel the right to boss them around just for your satisfaction. That’s not how shit works around here and based on your stats, you need to put some work in around here before you start running your mouth, especially to people like @mlager8. That’s a real easy way to get banned from this site for good. Politeness goes along way when people make shit for other people for FREE

I think you need to stop acting like you’re some kind of hero that is going to teach me a lesson. This issue has been resolved. You don’t need to keep shoving my face in dog shit!

“That’s not how shit works around here and based on your stats, you need to put some work in around here before you start running your mouth”… I don’t need to do jack shit! I don’t owe you anything, anymore than you owe me anything.

“Politeness goes along way”… Yes it does, so why are YOU not being polite?

“That’s a real easy way to get banned from this site for good”… I don’t give one shit about your bully threats! Ban me dickhead, and see if I give two shits! I don’t give a damn who you are around here. If you want to be a bully asshole, then by all means ban me, but just like you I won’t be disrespected, after the fact I ALREADY apologized. Sorry I’m not going to apologize a second time. So do what you feel you got to do.

The Loafer
                                        Participant
                                          @theloafer

maybe the dude didn’t see your apology. Anyway your constant agressive responses take away from your apology.  Tom didn’t threaten to ban you he’s just telling you that type of attitude has a short life span around here.  It was advice offered to you

you do as you wish.  We aren’t mods but this sites strength is some of the community “elders” sometimes try and assist but we have little patience for the impatient and rude

Tom
                                          Participant
                                            @armyaviation
                                            MemberContributor

Very little patience and in no way was I bullying you.  I and many others have no tolerance for people demanding that we do things and like I said… for free.  It is a right to be in this community not a privilege

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 277 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?