Currently, there are 1 user and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 269 total)
  • Author
    ManWorkingHere
    Participant
    @manworkinghere
    Just like Mozzie, I have a Munsters setup question –

Totally enjoying this Visual Pinball.

I built my own cabinet with two screens, no topper.

So far I have just put basic games on with matching B2S backglass files and all is going well. Some UltraDMD tables as well.

But struggling with Munsters.  When I play the table straight out of VP, there is no backglass to keep score on.

I have PinUpMenu running with video files for the backglass animation, playfield animation and wheel file.  And I know how to re-record my play over these files once I get the table to play properly.

I have read most of the posts here.   I have to do something for a 2 screen setup but just don’t understand what B2S Backglass is needed.

Any help would be appreciated as the table looks fantastic

Thanks!
    MWH

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

For many pup videos, you don’t want to have a backglass. The videos are the backglass. For munsters, look in the video folder for two archives. One is to be extracted for 2 screen setup, the other for 3 if I remember correctly.

outhere
    @outhere
    MemberContributorvipModerator
    Just like Mozzie, I have a Munsters setup question –

Totally enjoying this Visual Pinball.
    I built my own cabinet with two screens, no topper.
    So far I have just put basic games on with matching B2S backglass files and all is going well. Some UltraDMD tables as well.
    But struggling with Munsters. When I play the table straight out of VP, there is no backglass to keep score on.
    I have PinUpMenu running with video files for the backglass animation, playfield animation and wheel file. And I know how to re-record my play over these files once I get the table to play properly.
    I have read most of the posts here. I have to do something for a 2 screen setup but just don’t understand what B2S Backglass is needed.
    Any help would be appreciated as the table looks fantastic
    Thanks!
    MWH

Like @thalamus says Look in the puppack folder for Munsters and unzip the one for 2 screen and you should be all set

Sebulba
    Participant
    @sebulba

Unbelievably awesome job on this table thanks to all concerned.  :good:   Everything works fine except with version 1.05 I get a constant clicking noise every few seconds.  Doesn’t happen with previous versions.

FIXED.  Found the culprit, it was the fx-_metalrolling sound!  Whatever was done in the script with this version VS the previous versions caused the fx_metalrolling sound to give off a repeated click noise every few seconds.  By Simply deleting that sound sample no more annoying clicking noise.

ManWorkingHere
    Participant
    @manworkinghere

Thank you very much for letting me know that this Table does not need a B2S backglass file.

My challenge now is finding the original Pup pack for the Munsters. I could not find that PupPack here on VPinball and VPuniverse that I could make sense out of.  Good people here have supplied variations of videos within the pack.  I would like the original pack I guess.

I learned about Sebcemoi’s modified folder from his post.

MUNSTERS – 2 screens alternate PUP Vidéo BG Stern Style

• his directions here to replace the ‘mmunsters’ folder in the proper place helped me see the backglass file when the table is played

However, I see that the third screen keeps the score, and plays other videos during table play.

Any suggestions on showing that screen over the backglass video?  or, replacing the backglass screen?

As always, I appreciate your positive comments and suggestions.

MWH

:good:

outhere
    @outhere

Thank you very much for letting me know that this Table does not need a B2S backglass file.
    My challenge now is finding the original Pup pack for the Munsters. I could not find that PupPack here on VPinball and VPuniverse that I could make sense out of. Good people here have supplied variations of videos within the pack. I would like the original pack I guess.
    I learned about Sebcemoi’s modified folder from his post.
    MUNSTERS – 2 screens alternate PUP Vidéo BG Stern Stylehis directions here to replace the ‘mmunsters’ folder in the proper place helped me see the backglass file when the table is played
    However, I see that the third screen keeps the score, and plays other videos during table play.
    Any suggestions on showing that screen over the backglass video? or, replacing the backglass screen?
    As always, I appreciate your positive comments and suggestions.
    MWH  :good:

Use PUPVideos_mmunsters_1.05.zip   — https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/munsters-2020-sterntribute-media-pack-only/#description

Download the Zip file and Unzip and put the mmunsters Folder in the PUPVideos Folder
    PinUPsystem\PUPVideos\mmunsters

1 user thanked author for this post.
    ManWorkingHere
    Participant
    @manworkinghere

Very good!

Having the PuP pack original contents to start with now shows videos and scores on the backglass screen.  I did save the modified files that I had already placed in the ‘mmunsters’ folder of PuPvideos.

I was not sure that that URL was correct since it is titled ‘Media Pack Only’.  And searching for ‘Munsters puppack’ as a search string fails to find this reference.

I appreciate your time showing me these references.  Hopefully I can serve as an example for the next person who asks about the Munsters PuP Pack.

MWH

:good:

jlatko
    Participant
    @jlatko

Just installed and noticed a couple things about gameplay.  Looked in the script to see what key I could use for zap button, and it showed magna-save which is control key by default.  When Grandpa tells me to hit zap, I hit control and just keep hearing a callout telling me I must charge the zap.  Also, the pop bumper lane lights don’t seem to light when the ball triggers a lane switch.  Has this been implemented?  Thanks.

pinking00
    Participant
    @pinking00

Hello,

really like this table, but will there be some progress in the future. From my point of view there are still missing a lot of things.
    I don’t want to critisize anyone, It is al lot of work to achieve this result! Just want to know if there is still something planned in the future.

Thanks and best wishes
    pinking

Bosco
    Participant
    @bosco

Beautiful table thanks for creating it.

I am having backglass problems. The munster 2 zip file for the backglass seems to work ok but the scoring window will not move to (monitor 1) the backglass. The other 2 windows for the main backglass picture and the video screen both move. I have gone through the help pages and saw a few similar entries but their was no solution.

I have tried changing the settings in pup pack editor and have gone as far as re  downloading everything and starting over. When opening the pup pack editor it seems that the original setting were still there even with the mmunster  pup pack folder being deleted and reinstalled?

Thanks for any help

CaptainMurphy21
    Participant
    @captnmurphy21

Awesome!

kevin1976
    Participant
    @kevin1976

Hi as soon as I open the table it gives me an error, script error line 918 required object. Then when I go back to sending pla second time it gives me error line 6848 type mismatch champion. Also I don’t have the game rom. Can anyone tell me where to retrieve it and how I can solve this problem. The table starts and remains silent and off and does not respond to any commands.

outhere
    @outhere

Hi as soon as I open the table it gives me an error, script error line 918 required object. Then when I go back to sending pla second time it gives me error line 6848 type mismatch champion. Also I don’t have the game rom. Can anyone tell me where to retrieve it and how I can solve this problem. The table starts and remains silent and off and does not respond to any commands.

This game does not require a rom and to find your problem – Go Through the complete topic, it probably has been discussed more than one’s

kevin1976
    Participant
    @kevin1976

I do not find the topic friend.

kevin1976
    Participant
    @kevin1976

Please can someone help me in the forum it does not show a person with the same error codes. How could I do? thanks.

kevin1976
    Participant
    @kevin1976

I like those who are kind enough to help me solve thanks.

kevin1976
    Participant
    @kevin1976

Help my friends! :)

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

Make sure all the requirements are installed, including latest pup player. Believe it is on 1.4.5 or something now.

kevin1976
    Participant
    @kevin1976

Sorry but I’m new and I don’t understand much, you could do a tutorial because I can’t solve it thanks. It would be nice to play or at least try.

Gwen
    Participant
    @gwen

Can someone point me to where to find the files for the MMunster.UltraDMD folder?  I can’t seem to find them.

Gwen
    - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 269 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW