Munsters 2020 (Stern/Tribute)

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 277 total)
  • Author
    Exlie
    Participant
      @exlie

Crashed on me again today, this time when I got an Uncle Herman multiball, the table paused briefly and then the pup pack crashed and the game continued on its merry way, though it was impossible to play at this point without a score :/

-RpT
      Participant
        @rpt

Great work and thanks for sharing this. I’m about to redo the POV for my no apron setup, I noticed that on this table the Z_scale is set to 1.06 where in all other tables I have seen it’s set to 1.00. Is this intentional? Should I keep this scale if modding the POV or was this something unintentional?

Cheers!

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your POV values in the editor? I am curious to see what can be done with the perspective. I have a mini (24″) pincab and running tables without apron suits me well. Thanks in advance :)

Sure, will do!

I didn’t do the POV yet since I’m planning to set that back to Z scale of 1 (my guess is that it shouldn’t be on it’s current value)… thought I would give it a few days for a reply first. I do all VPX tables this way individually so it’s a bit more time consuming but ultimately works with my setup a lot better. If you want to try your own, I did a tutorial – https://youtu.be/k7GhQqSxsMw

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Daryl
        Participant
          @allknowing2012

Great work and thanks for sharing this. I’m about to redo the POV for my no apron setup, I noticed that on this table the Z_scale is set to 1.06 where in all other tables I have seen it’s set to 1.00. Is this intentional? Should I keep this scale if modding the POV or was this something unintentional?

Cheers!

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your POV values in the editor? I am curious to see what can be done with the perspective. I have a mini (24″) pincab and running tables without apron suits me well. Thanks in advance :)

Sure, will do!

I didn’t do the POV yet since I’m planning to set that back to Z scale of 1 (my guess is that it shouldn’t be on it’s current value)… thought I would give it a few days for a reply first. I do all VPX tables this way individually so it’s a bit more time consuming but ultimately works with my setup a lot better. If you want to try your own, I did a tutorial – https://youtu.be/k7GhQqSxsMw

Z wasnt changed intentionally .. feel free to modify back to 1.0

1 user thanked author for this post.
          Daryl
          Participant
            @allknowing2012

I have only tried this table a few times. Today is saw it updated and played it again. Had to abort after locking in Frankenstein. Ball was locked to the magnet, but, then nothing happened. This is very much the essence of why I’m not a great fan of originals. No ball search logic. Plays well though.

Hit debug, ball control and pull the ball off. I have not had this happen to me yet so I can not diagnose the issue.

PepeBiondi
            Participant
              @pepebiondi

Thanks for your tremendous work! I greatly appreciate the effort and time that you have put into creating this table.
              Few crazy people are willing to do this type of work (unfortunately, this crazy person who writes to you does not have the knowledge to create scripts and tables, if not, we would already have AroSmth, BKSR, ElvHseOH, etc).
              Congratulations!

king91six
              Participant
                @king91six

pretty pretty pretty please may we have a no pup version, a b2s version, please. thank you a million for all you do

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

@allknowing2012 : Hmm. Thanks. I must admit. I’ve never considered that as a solution.

LynnInDenver
                  Participant
                    @lynnindenver

pretty pretty pretty please may we have a no pup version, a b2s version, please. thank you a million for all you do

Regarding your earlier post, you would be amazed at how hard it is to implement something like that for only 2-3 actual users. Take it from me on this one, it’s a bunch of added code, either to use B2S (which requires an art modification to get the score on there) or UltraDMD/FlexDMD (the former is effectively undocumented, the latter has no documentation yet and is another install for VPX), and every instance of calls to PinUp Player requires an additional check to avoid VPX crashing out when it doesn’t find PinUp Player. (Note that I plan on doing this myself if I actually release tables, but it will be absolutely bare bones, literally score only.)

If you really absolutely need it, offer your services to the table author team to actually help implement it.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                    Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                    Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

outhere
                      @outhere
                      MemberContributorvipModerator

Is there a setting in a game so I could delay the auto shoot a little bit
                      To prevent my 2 Solenoids from firing on top of each other

yrplace18
                      Participant
                        @yrplace18

Big improvement . Does anyone know how to set the game for 5 ball play?

Daryl
                        Participant
                          @allknowing2012

Untested bu line 1552

change

AddMultiball 1

to

vptimer.addtimer 1000,  “AddMultiball 1 ‘”

That is a single quote, followed by a double quote   – and 1000 is 1 second

Daryl
                          Participant
                            @allknowing2012

Big improvement . Does anyone know how to set the game for 5 ball play?

Likely to break things as it is coded for the dmd backglass for only balls 1, 2 and 3.

Line 785 … but like I said, it will probably break things.

yrplace18
                            Participant
                              @yrplace18

OK I’ll try it and report back…….

outhere
                                @outhere
                                MemberContributorvipModerator

Untested bu line 1552

change
                                AddMultiball 1
                                to
                                vptimer.addtimer 1000, “AddMultiball 1 ‘”
                                That is a single quote, followed by a double quote – and 1000 is 1 second

I put this on Line 1552 But putting it there Delays the time from the drain until the ball goes in the shooting lane
                                I’m looking for, Once the ball is in the shooting lane the auto plunger is delayed
                                I tried different things for about an hour & 1/2 but no luck
                                vpmtimer.addtimer 1000, "AddMultiball 1 '"

dazzadasha
                                Participant
                                  @dazzadasha

Forgive my naivety, but can this/these tables be played in a 2 screen cab.

bietekwiet
                                  Participant
                                    @bietekwiet

Absolutely, it is all explained in the installation guide.

947er
                                    Participant
                                      @947er

Excellent work! Thank you!
                                      Does anyone know how to activate the DMD? The folder mmunsters.UltraDMD is created in tabels. In version 1.03 it worked, but not now. Thanks for help.

dazzadasha
                                      Participant
                                        @dazzadasha

cheers. https://vpinball.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/wpml_good.gif

marie
                                        Participant
                                          @marie

Again great release, besides the improved graphics this version plays better as well!

I got 2 issues (they were also present in earlier releases btw):

• The table sounds (e.g flippers and bumpers) are very low. I tried normalization all table sounds, but no remarkable difference. Is there another way to get them louder?
                                          • Some fonts are not displaying right on the backglass (I am on W7 64).  When Fiddeling around with the fonts in the script (changing them into another font) I managed to change their appearance.

Earlier I had some sort of the same problem with the use of fonts in PinballY. MJR traced down the issue and wrote: One thing I notice about the two non-working fonts you’ve mentioned by name (P22 Pop Art Comic and Aharoni) is that neither has a “regular” style – P22 Pop Art Comic is italic-only and Aharoni appears to be boldface-only. On my machine, that doesn’t seem to matter, but Gdiplus (the Windows operating system layer that’s doing the actual font loading) is known to have some weird differences across Windows versions, particularly Windows 7, which you mentioned you’re using. Maybe the Win 7 version of Gdiplus is pickier about exactly matching the style. 

Might this be the same problem?

Ghackt
                                          Participant
                                            @ghackt

mine just loads the table no puppack…? but I installed the pack..

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 277 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?