My first virtual cab project

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    jay_man
    Participant
      @jayman

Hi everyone,

Attempting to build my first pin cab and I hope people do not hate me for the most simple questions.

Sincerely

jayman

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

We won’t Hate if you provide plenty of build pictures with your questions :)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

arconovum
        Participant
          @nicholaschristopher
          MemberContributor

I promise not to hate you before you ask a question! B-)

HauntFreaks
            @hauntfreaks
            vipContributorMember

I won’t hate you , if you make sure you use a real lockdown bar and accelerometer nudge  :whistle:

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

And real side rails! And less buttons is better!  :yahoo:

for IOS and Android

bord
                @bord
                MembervipContributorModerator

Chimes, @randr! Don’t forget chimes.

arconovum
                Participant
                  @nicholaschristopher
                  MemberContributor

Chimes, @randr! Don’t forget chimes.

that one made me giggle..

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

And tilt bob … don’t forget that …

Btw. @djrobx saw your post on VPF. Kind of confused to why your are struggling with adjusting nudge. Your a very smart guy ! Please don’t say you’re trying to use digital as tilt ! If you do, don’t !!! Only for adjusting the nudge part ? Ok then. Run any nudge table that has been provided here or elsewhere. Go out of full-screen so you are able to adjust dxtweaks while running vp. I guess from the name you understand what the program does ? Adjusting the input to output in a whole different way. You can ramp up or ramp down the readings more or less on the fly.

That is the way I’ve done it and with Zeb’s kit – and I’m sure Pinscape is will work just as good.

I don’t get it why so many guys are trying to adjust their cabs but fail and struggle when it is super easy to install a mechanical tilt bob that actually .. as I said before, are giving a small but essential “klonk” sound and feel when you’ve been too aggressive. Don’t sell you own short. Get a tilt bob now !!!!

yeah .. ok – its friday .. the day that I rave because of a few beers :) But, again – I’m even more sure that I’m right when I’ve had a few ;)

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

My first cab i had 3 tilt bobs modded for each direction and i switch to digital. I also tried 3 mercury switches but digital seems to work the best for my cab. Any option does work though for sure

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                        @thalamus
                        ContributorMemberModerator

Yes. I understand the history of it all. I don’t say at all that the nudge from these units are bad. Actually they are very nice. I have no experience in the Pinscape solution, but, what I’ve heard from someone that actually can compare borgdog is that he prefers the pinscape. That I believe is the v1. I’ve got the v2, and well – since v1 is working so great I’ve been hesitant to replace it. My problem is that I had a friend over and he had a small girl that well … the plunger unit didn’t survive. Shit happens, its fine. Got to see a child very excited about pinball so totally worth it.

I’ve bought the v2 recent, and it has been laying there waiting for me to take the step of replacing. I’m so happy with my Zeb’s nudge + mechanical tilt that I’m kind of putting it off knowing that I’ll probably will be fine – once I’ve put in the work to tweak it.

I guess most have seen my new “finished” setup ( never going to be finished I fear because of you inventive little geniuses ). But, not long time ago I broke my nudge unit by being too confident moving some wires around with power on. The point being. I replaced the part, but, the new unit needed tweaking from zero. It acted differently – not saying neither worse or better. Just had different “values” if you like. Once tweaked it was fine. But way off from the other unit.

The mechanical tilt however. No change ! Mechanical sometime still beats digital ! Did I hear some chimes ??

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?