My Nikola Tesla themed cabinet build

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 238 total)
  • Author
    JR
    Participant
      @jfr1

Dang. Looks amazing. And you got the marquee done?

Nemo
      Participant
        @nemo

Stunning ! Now with partial paint on it looks even more massive, love the looks of it :good:

Gwen
        Participant
          @gwen

Thanks guys.  The marquee is just a temporary to see how it looks… it’s printed on printer paper.  I have a translight marquee and some decals on the way in the mail and should have them soon.

Gwen
          - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

What a great project Gwen! Love the progress pics keep them coming.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Gwen
            Participant
              @gwen

My work is progressing nicely.  The graphics and translite marqee arrived today and they look fantastic.  The paint and detail work continues…

Gwen

JR
              Participant
                @jfr1

This is over-the-top amazing.  :wacko:

Gwen
                Participant
                  @gwen

Thanks JR.  I am pretty happy with the way it’s turning out. :-)

Gwen

Gwen
                  Participant
                    @gwen

Added the last decal and installed the nice new marquee.

Gwen

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Wow that looks legit :) great work so far!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                      for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      Nemo
                      Participant
                        @nemo

Amazing ! Museum quality right there, i’m guessing it will take some effort to get the cab into the house…..it’s massive.

Gwen
                        Participant
                          @gwen

Amazing ! Museum quality right there, i’m guessing it will take some effort to get the cab into the house…..it’s massive.

Thanks Nemo.  Yeah it’s going to take a cart and two people to move each of the two halves.  The whole thing weighs 300 lbs or so.

Gwen

TerryRed
                            @terryred
                            MemberContributorModerator

Here’s what I’ve been up to the last several weeks of staying at home. I dug out a resin garage-kit of the police spinner from my favorite film – Blade Runner. I have had the kit on the shelf for literally 12 years waiting for the right time to work on it. The kit was not at all designed for lighting so I have had to make some heavy modifications to it. Lots of cutting and filing etc. It took me about a solid week of work to build the electronics for the lighting. The model currently has 57 led’s in it including selectable flash patterns for the police lights. The spinner is 1/12 scale so it’s about 17 inches long. I also just finished totally scratch building a street light from the movie (which I think turned out pretty great) complete with lit up display monitors to use in the diorama I am working on. I also plan to build a scale model of the White Dragon Noodle Bar. The spinner model is about 90% complete right now. I’ve been having a lot of fun with the project…

After seeing this ultra coolness of work….

…you may find this cool. You don’t have to like FP to still think this looks neat if you’re a fan of the movie.

JR
                            Participant
                              @jfr1

300 lbs?  Oof.

You mentioned an alternate control panel to allow for play of other games?  How’s that work?

Gwen
                              Participant
                                @gwen

300 lbs? Oof.

You mentioned an alternate control panel to allow for play of other games? How’s that work?

It’s an X-arcade tankstick with a few mods I made.  I will work out a way to either make it fit to the front of the cab or mount it on a small cart that sits in front of the cab so I can use it when I want to play games that need the other controls.  Basically I haven’t sorted out the details yet.  I want to get the cab finished first.

Gwen

Gwen
                                Participant
                                  @gwen

Yeah I do like that Terry.  Is that table available now?

Gwen

The Loafer
                                  Participant
                                    @theloafer

Gwen:  This is stellar work.  I think if they every decide to do a reboot or sequel, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone from the production company contacts you to see if they could use your cab. It looks that damn good, professional grade awesomeness!

Gwen
                                    Participant
                                      @gwen

Thanks loafer.  There actually is a sequel in the works now…

Gwen

JR
                                      Participant
                                        @jfr1

I uh, have never seen The Last Starfighter.  There, I said it.  1984?  I was out playing pool and pinball and blowing off expensive classes the next day.  So I didn’t have time for movies.  I have acquired a copy.  How does one go into this movie?  

Gwen
                                        Participant
                                          @gwen

I uh, have never seen The Last Starfighter. There, I said it. 1984? I was out playing pool and pinball and blowing off expensive classes the next day. So I didn’t have time for movies. I have acquired a copy. How does one go into this movie?

Go into?  Well it’s basically a “trailer park kid can’t get a loan for college but gets the geeky job of his dreams” movie.  I loved it when it came out (still do).  I saw it at the base theater when I was in the Air Force.

Gwen

JR
                                          Gwen
                                          Participant
                                            @gwen

I got the pedestal painted and installed the fans and a few other odds and ends.  The paint work is all finished except for the underside of the upper cabinet.

Sorry for the odd camera angles but there isn’t much room to get around in the workshop.

Gwen

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 238 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?