My Nikola Tesla themed cabinet build

Viewing 18 posts - 221 through 238 (of 238 total)
  • Author
    Gwen
    Participant
      @gwen

Ok, the paint work is finally all finished, with the possible exception of a few touch ups to the lettering.  Now i need to let the thing sit for the next week to cure before moving it to the house and finishing installation of the lighting system and monitor.  So now it’s break time for a bit.  I think I need it. :-)

Gwen
      - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

Gwen
      Participant
        @gwen

I got the cabinet moved into the game room on Tuesday.  Since then I have finished installing the monitor, the lighting system, and setting up all the controls.  So the Starfighter cab is basically finished.  Next up I need to build a small cart to put the X-arcade tank stick on for playing all the other MAME games.

Gwen

JR
        Participant
          @jfr1

Zoiks.

BrandonLaw
          Participant
            @brandonlaw

I’ve been lurking this build for quite some time now, and it’s spectacular.  If the world had this sort of passion and dedication we would be much better for it.  What a treat to watch and I assume to experience.  Keep up the great work!

"Fuck this game. I love it."

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Gwen
            Participant
              @gwen

Thanks Brandon, this, like most of my projects has been a LOT of work and very educational and fun.

Gwen

tattguy
              Participant
                @tattguyshawn

So epic!  WoW.  love it

Gwen
                Participant
                  @gwen

For the X-Arcade console I decided to go with a small utility cart with wheels so I can easily move it around.  I built a small platform to support the console at the right height in front of the Starfighter cabinet.  You can also see the center compartment of the cabinet open (which I haven’t shown before) showing the tablet pc and cables etc inside.

Gwen

JR
                  Participant
                    @jfr1

Stunning! Another one of a kind creation.  Thanks again for sharing this.  I briefly thought that was a To Venus in Five Seconds poster to the left. But maybe Daleks?

Gwen
                    Participant
                      @gwen

Stunning! Another one of a kind creation. Thanks again for sharing this. I briefly thought that was a To Venus in Five Seconds poster to the left. But maybe Daleks?

Oh yeah, the poster is a reproduction of one seen in an episode of Doctor Who where WWII Brits were planning to use  Daleks as soldiers.  It says “To Victory!” At the top.

Gwen

The Loafer
                      Participant
                        @theloafer

What a thread, what a job, what a result.

jeslousy isn’t really an emotion I feel but I gotta say this pulls on the jealousy strings a bit. lol   People like you and Jason (That Ice Cold Beer thread) who attack the difficult builds like these with such creativity amaze me.

congrats perhaps post a video of you/someone playing if you can, maybe dress up as trailer park Alex first lol

Gwen
                        Participant
                          @gwen

What a thread, what a job, what a result.

jeslousy isn’t really an emotion I feel but I gotta say this pulls on the jealousy strings a bit. lol People like you and Jason (That Ice Cold Beer thread) who attack the difficult builds like these with such creativity amaze me.

congrats perhaps post a video of you/someone playing if you can, maybe dress up as trailer park Alex first lol

I was thinking of making a video of me playing Starfighter.  I’ll see what I can do with it but I need to get some practice in first. It’s a pretty difficult game.  =)

Gwen

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

LOOKS GREAT BUT NEED A VIDEO :)

Seriously great work @gwen

********************************************************
                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Gwen
                            Participant
                              @gwen

You mean a video of the MAME stuff?

Gwen

XenapZ
                              Participant
                                @xenapz

Holy shit, absolutely amazing builds!

I would love to se a video of you playing Starfighter :)

Gwen
                                Participant
                                  @gwen

After a bit of practice I have finally gotten half way decent at playing Starfighter.  So, by popular demand, here is a video of me playing an entire game from start to finish.

Gwen

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus
                                    ContributorMemberModerator

Blueprint of what both randr and loafer said. I knew that this would look great in the end, but, it is even better than than expected. :good:

Gwen
                                    Participant
                                      @gwen

Thanks Thalamus.  I am very pleased with all aspects of how the project worked out.  I knew it would all come together. :yahoo:

Gwen

HiRez00
                                      Participant
                                        @hirez00

Late to reading this thread on the Starfighter cab build.

Pretty damn amazing what people do during lockdown – I am seriously impressed!

Great work!

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                      Viewing 18 posts - 221 through 238 (of 238 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?