My Nikola Tesla themed cabinet build

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 238 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

That is true. Please show us more of this beauty.

Gwen
      Participant
        @gwen

Still waiting to see this cab in full picture!

I’m finishing up a few last touches today and will get better photos up soon… promise =)

Gwen
        - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

The Loafer
        Participant
          @theloafer

You are one talented person Gwen, wow!  I’m considering taking flying lessons once I retire in two years.  I have an affinity for WW1 planes, yours fits the bill!

Gwen
          Participant
            @gwen

I can’t seem to find my higher resolution camera lately so I shot these with my ipad.  You can see the brass inlay work I did on the lockdown bar in the last photo.  That took several days and a lot of freaking work.  I still need to re-stain the lockdown bar darker.  I also replaced my dmd monitor with a PIN2DMD with which I am extremely happy =)

Gwen

2 users thanked author for this post.
            Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

I agree about the re-staining on the lock down bar. But, it still looks amazing. One of those unique and very well made ones out there ! :good:

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Looks great! Maybe the most unique build yet ??

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

The Loafer
                Participant
                  @theloafer

I’ll say it, a work of art!  Congrats, you are one talented pinhead! (said with compliment, not insult! LOL)

Gwen
                  Participant
                    @gwen

I’ll say it, a work of art! Congrats, you are one talented pinhead! (said with compliment, not insult! LOL)

Hehe, thanks.

Gwen

JLPicard
                    Participant
                      @jlpicard

New guy…  Brilliant. This belongs in a museum.

Gwen
                      Participant
                        @gwen

New guy… Brilliant. This belongs in a museum.

Thanks =) …  But I would really rather play pinball with it.

Gwen

Gwen

TerryRed
                          @terryred
                          MemberContributorModerator

Looking beautiful! Love it!

One thing that may be a good change would have been to have your D-PAD on the right moved in a little as it seem to be where you would rest your hands?

Your flipper, start and coin, exit, etc buttons would really round this out if they could be some kind of shiny gold. I’m sure one of the arcade shops has something like that.

That’s just me being picky. Great work.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          TerryRed
                            @terryred
                            MemberContributorModerator

New guy… Brilliant. This belongs in a museum.

Settle down Indiana Jones… ;)

Gwen
                            Participant
                              @gwen

Looking beautiful! Love it!

One thing that may be a good change would have been to have your D-PAD on the right moved in a little as it seem to be where you would rest your hands?

Your flipper, start and coin, exit, etc buttons would really round this out if they could be some kind of shiny gold. I’m sure one of the arcade shops has something like that.

That’s just me being picky. Great work.

Thanks.    I am actually thinking about making brass button frames for the front of cabinet buttons.  I want to keep the illumination on them though, so don’t want to replace them with all metal buttons.  The button in the center of the D-pad is the ball launch button and the square buttons are cursor controls for pinballfx3 etc.  I do rest my hand on the d-pad but it works pretty well for me.

Gwen

-RpT
                              Participant
                                @rpt

As mentioned by others this really does stand out as a work of art so massive congratulations (you should be very proud of the results)! Easily the most aesthetically pleasing cab that I have ever seen in terms of the woodwork etc and overall design :)

Wondering how you are finding the screen angle for playtesting – it seems to be on a reverse incline with the back lower than the front. Did you try other orientations first and settle on this? Does it feel natural in FX3 (for example)?

This coming from someone who has changed the screen position on my cab more than once after some testing and therefore also the POVs for every VPX table that i was testing prior to the change. Still not sure if I have found the sweet spot or not and there doesn’t seem to be a consensus for what is truly “best” in this regard (although i think parallel to the glass makes most sense if you don’t need a back led matrix as you then have all that virtual depth to play with)! I never tried it with the back lower than the front so just curious on how you like it thus far.

Gwen
                                Participant
                                  @gwen

Thanks for the kind words.  Actually the display is level to the floor.  If it looks lower at the back end it’s just because of the angle of the top of the cabinet.  I am quite pleased with the position it is in for playing =)

Gwen

Gwen

-RpT
                                  Participant
                                    @rpt

Glad to hear it ^-^  I think you nailed it first time then. I went from a position that was further back and with quite relatively large incline to a closer one which is almost level (still slightly raised at the back). The difference is night and day… I have randr to thank for that advice!   :good:

CastilianFly
                                    Participant
                                      @castilianfly

Brilliant idea, and everything looks incredible! Great job

Gwen
                                      Participant
                                        @gwen

Here’s a better video of my cabinet in operation : https://1drv.ms/v/s!Asn4vgbbFa9DgbV9DOMopu2DIfxV_A

Gwen

Al
                                        Participant
                                          @alandee

Hi @Gwen, thanks for sharing. WOW is the, um family friendly version, of what is running through my head !

I just stumbled across this thread and have thorougly enjoyed the read and the ingenuity ! It looks great and so inspirational.

You mentioned other things you have built ??  .. ..  care to share a link ? I love tinkerers .. I’m not one .. I have the vision, but I don’t have the patience, you appear to have both so more power to you !

Cheers,

al.

Gwen
                                          Participant
                                            @gwen

I finally got around to working on finishing the exterior detailing on my cabinet.  Here are some photos of the scrollwork I just finished painting.  It’s all hand-painted with a brush using metallic gold paint.

Gwen

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 238 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?