My Nikola Tesla themed cabinet build

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 238 total)
  • Author
    JR
    Participant
      @jfr1

I had forgotten about the suitcase!  Came with a mini spinner model?

Gwen
      Participant
        @gwen

Yeah it’s in a “Voight Kampf” briefcase.  Pretty nifty set.

I started building the White Dragon noodle bar for the diorama today.

Gwen
        - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

JR
        Participant
          @jfr1

Diorama?  A Blade Runner diorama?  Whoa.    thanks Loaf!  just found an unopened NIB suitcase on ebay cheap.

LynnInDenver
          Participant
            @lynnindenver

We have the DVD version of the Voight Kampf briefcase here, with the Spinner model and the “origami” unicorn. The artwork “case folder” is neat to look at.

At some point soon, I want to run the 3D print of the Deckard Blaster files I purchased from Punished Props last year.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
            Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
            Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Gwen
            Participant
              @gwen

I have one of the Tomenosuke super accurate blaster replicas =)

Gwen

The Loafer
              Participant
                @theloafer

A lot of love letters to Blade Runner here. There are worse ways of spending our free time!

Such an iconic movie, the best part that was so great with Ridley Scott flicks back in the day is all the world building that took place behind the scenes in this and Alien.  So rare nowadays to see something like this come to pass, especially without the use of CGI.  Aside from the CRT monitors (duh), nothing feels outdated and the CRT’s themselves feel like they totally belong in this alternate reality.

Can’t wait to see the updated diorama Gwen

Gwen
                Participant
                  @gwen

Yeah Blade Runner was really the last of the classically made (all models and in-camera special effects) Science Fiction films to be made.  And Ridley inadvertantly created the whole Cyberpunk genre.

Gwen

JR
                  Participant
                    @jfr1

Recently watched Alien Covenant and was kinda surprised at how much better the decades-old original looks.  Almost like they didn’t care how it looked.  Probably didn’t.   $

Gwen
                    Participant
                      @gwen

OK, I finally broke down and decided I have to do it…  I’m starting a build on my Starfighter cabinet for the game I linked before and for running MAME etc. using BigBox. =P

I just finished making a custom T-handle joystick for the right stick and I’m working on setting up my games while I wait for the rest of the hardware I ordered.  I’m using my Surface Pro 3 tablet PC (connected to a 28″ external monitor)  to run the Starfighter box.  It has a core I5 and is plenty powerful for what it needs.  Plus I can just pull it out of the cab any time I want to.

Gwen

Thalamus
                        @thalamus
                        ContributorMemberModerator

Don’t you dare not keep us updated on the build @gwen ;-)

Gwen
                        Participant
                          @gwen

OK, you twisted my arm… I’ll keep you updated =P

Gwen

The Loafer
                          Participant
                            @theloafer

Looking forward to seeing it.  All this talk of Last Starfighter has me itching to put it near the top of the “see again” pile

Gwen
                            Participant
                              @gwen

I just watched it again on blu-ray.  I just realized for the first time that Wil Wheaton played the younger brother’s friend…

Gwen

JR
                              Participant
                                @jfr1

WHEEEEATTON!!!!    sorry.  Just went Sheldon there for a sec.

The Loafer
                                Participant
                                  @theloafer

I just watched it again on blu-ray. I just realized for the first time that Wil Wheaton played the younger brother’s friend…

That must have been his first big role before stand by me

Gwen
                                  Participant
                                    @gwen

Well I finally got started on the Starfighter cabinet build.  I have been working steadily on it for the last four days and am finding it to be a fairly complex build with lots of compound angles and requiring a lot of precision.  Here are some photos of my current progress:

Gwen

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus
                                      ContributorMemberModerator

@gwen : Only by looking at the current state. I know, I would have problems building this one. Keep us updated, please.

outhere
                                        @outhere
                                        MemberContributorvipModerator

Looking good — Giant Puzzle

Gwen
                                        Participant
                                          @gwen

My work is progressing nicely I think.  I am finishing up work on the joystick wells now.  You can see my t-handle joystick being test fitted on the right panel.  I would say the structural work on the upper half of the cabinet is around 75% complete now.  I expect to get started on the lower cabinet probably tomorrow.

I knew this was going to be a big cabinet before I startred but I didn’t realize just how massive it really is.  The upper cabinet is large enough that I can get inside it!  I hope I can manage to get it into the house when it’s finished.

Gwen

Onevox
                                          Participant
                                            @rooster

Wow. Looks very cool.

Onevox

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 238 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?