My Non DMD table real dmd videos

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Updon
    Participant
      @posty90

I took a few days and created these small avi files to fill in my dmd display on the menu.  These small files display manufacturer and then year for 4 seconds each, they will continue to loop.  I made a png of every year from 1947 and did my best recreating the logos at 128X32 I then used makeavi to render them by loading 4 of each of the same image and setting the fps to 1.  Once I made all the manufacturer and year files I went through the menu folder for the backglasses and started copying a file then renaming it and dropping it in the real dmd video folder.  They are a bit redundant being that the information is displayed by pinballx, but I like the effect since when I have friends over they only look toward the backglass when going through tables anyway so it makes t a bit more informative.  I made a copy of all the ones I made for the tables I have, which you can check out if you want.  Remember I made them for me, I’m  just offering out there if someone else may find them useful, also they will not look good on a non real dmd display.  If someone would like to expand on it or improve it let me know I will gladly give you all the png images I was working with.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m5ftrqt08tqhfls/real%20dmd%20videos%20for%20non%20DMD%20tables.rar?dl=0

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

These are great. You should put them in the uploads front end area. For people to find them in future! i may add these to cab at office :)

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Fulltilt
        Participant
          @fulltilt

Wow nice work, thank you :)

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

I like the idea – going to try them out. Wouldn’t mind getting more information about the exact syntax you’ve used to make these. I would like to maybe try out a different route. CompanyLogo->Year->Wheel ( in color ). I got some nice company logos from Jurgen a while ago that I would love to come to use.

Hmm. For a project like this I don’t want to use a windows app, to much work B-)

Updon
            Participant
              @posty90

Basically when I got all the png images done, I downloaded MakeAVI its a pretty simple program just add the file and set the fps, I loaded the same image 3 times then set the fps to 1.  No problem giving you all my png files if they would help.  I tried to make them all as small a file as I could.  I like the idea with the wheel images included too.  This was actually the second time I did this the first time I wasn’t happy with the display, since I didn’t render them down to 2 color b/w the images didn’t display as crisp.

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

I experimented a bit with it but it seems to either have a bug in my ffmpeg or had too many beers :-) Thank you, but, I believe I have the resources needed right now. It’s just a matter of getting my old brain to get sober again ( I hope ).

Updon
                Participant
                  @posty90

I had issues using it a few times the main one I had to redo images after reducing to 2 color I had to re export at 8 bit/channel also have to all have the same dimension I also kept a check in the crop to box keeping them at 128×32 may not need that, now it’s time for me to go get my old brain unsober for a while

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?