My "Pinball Wizard" Cabinet

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    drickman156
    Participant
      @drickman156

Hello all, I’ve been on here for a few months just soaking up all the awesome things created by this community. I am still blown away by how talented and dedicated the contributors are for these forums. Meanwhile I’ve been building my own custom cabinet and decided to post it now that it’s all done.

You can see the full album here https://imgur.com/a/1icoS0A

If anyone would like the artwork you are welcome to it, just let me know and I can send over the full files. I also shared them with Stuzza over on VP Forums to add to his collection.

And now that my time is freed up, I’m hoping to contribute a bit to the community by redrawing/vectorizing the occasional plastics and playfields.  :good:

Thanks again to all the heros in this community that make it the amazing place it is!

Cheers

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Nice build :good:

vp needs more graphics guys so very glad you found vp!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

drickman156
        Participant
          @drickman156

Funny part is I’m a developer in my day job. But there are so many fantastic tables that just need a little love with high resolution graphics… seems like a better use of time.  But thanks Randr, you are definitely one of the greats for starting this group.  :heart:

bb
          Participant
            @delt31

Looks nice!

Does it have force feedback?……..and can you build me one ; )

drickman156
            Participant
              @drickman156

Thanks, and no. Just a subwoofer, but it helps. Budget kept growing so had to draw a line somewhere.

Cameron
              Participant
                @cameron

Looks great! What size are the displays?

As for artwork, IF you want a really great project, I might suggest a remastering of the RandR 3 Angels graphics so it rocks on 4K!

That would be so freakin’ awesome.

drickman156
                Participant
                  @drickman156

43/27/17.  As for projects I do have a few in mind, but I don’t want to share until i am confident it is going well. But I’ll make a note of that one.

KiwiBri
                  Participant
                    @kiwibri

nice cab!

Cameron
                    Participant
                      @cameron

is the 43 a 4K?

drickman156
                      Participant
                        @drickman156

Yes, and some tables are just eye wateringly beautiful on it.

Namco51
                        Participant
                          @namco51

I had to chuckle at this image:

I love the build. I can’t believe that TV is 43″, what a nice fit.

I see your playfield is resting on rails and a crossbar under the plexi. Is it just the acrylic and side rails holding the monitor down? How’s your cable management?

Mine is a pain in the butt to work on because I have the monitor mounted to a wooden crossbar and I screw that down to rails on the side. Just having it sandwiched between a frame and glass sounds like a nice easy solution! Do you regret not having room for LED flashers though?

drickman156
                          Participant
                            @drickman156

It’s funny, I had no interest in LEDs before it was built but now that I’ve been playing it and realizing the TV just cant simulate anywhere near the light put off by LEDs… I get it. Luckily I could pretty easily remount the TV an inch lower down the road.

As to your question, it is just acrylic and rails holding the monitor. I lined the rails with drawer liner so it could not move when nudging. But I found the TV would bow slightly so I also bolted a board to the back of the TV and added spacers to have the middle of the TV resting on the crossbar.

If I DO ever move the TV down I’ll probably upgrade to tempered glass so I don’t have to worry about the acrylic bowing down.

nmooer
                            Participant
                              @nmooermidrivers-com

<p style=”padding-left: 30px;”>Looks great!! Nice build. Hope mine turns out as nice. :good:   :good:</p>

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?