Mystery Castle (Alvin G 1993)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    agentEighty6
    Participant
      @zigbane

Sounds cool. Instead of collecting artifacts, make it that you have to collect/capture Scooby Doo villians.

Gamemodder36
      Participant
        @gamemodder

when i restart or open my table the dmd gets shifted to the left. where can i fix this?

joeplainfield
        Participant
          @joeplainfield

Thank you. Well done and nice to have this one in VPX

1 user thanked author for this post.
          kds70
          Participant
            @kds70

the dmd gets shifted to the left. where can i fix this?

Which DMD ? Freezys via dmddevice.dll (which version) or from what DMD you are talking about?

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Paul
            Participant
              @mrbungle

Thank you for this table, however, for some strange reason the virtual dmd does not display. The PM5 version works fine but not VPX, any thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks.

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

Try cleaning out the rom completely – I’ve seen it a lot of times. Rom from old table messes up a updated one.

Paul
                Participant
                  @mrbungle

Try cleaning out the rom completely – I’ve seen it a lot of times. Rom from old table messes up a updated one.

Thanks for the reply on this matter.

I have replaced both versions of the rom, mystcasa and mystcas but still no luck. If I Alt-Tab there is no dmd screen to select, its like that part of the program does not get activated, sorry for my lack of correct technical language.

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

I see that I wasn’t very clear on what I meant – did you try this ? https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/reset-a-table-to-default/

Paul
                    Participant
                      @mrbungle

I feel special, I followed the instructions to reset a table but no luck sadly. I feel special as I see over 1600 downloads and I am the one with a very peculiar problem it seems.

The one strange thing I have noticed with only this table is this. Once loaded I can play the table (no sign of the dmd anywhere, foreground or background), however, when I go to exit the table, the B2S side of things wants to take a screenshot!

I have no idea what correlation this has with the dmd issue but of all the tables I have, this is the only one that takes a screenshot when I hit the exit button.

More head scratches.

agentEighty6
                      Participant
                        @zigbane

Paul, a few things to try…

Are you using dt or fs?  Did you hit f1 and verify one of the dmd options were enabled?  If so, did you pick the opposite dmd option and try that?  How about the “force full screen” option?  Did you try enabling/disabling that?

Paul
                        Participant
                          @mrbungle

Paul, a few things to try…

Are you using dt or fs? Did you hit f1 and verify one of the dmd options were enabled? If so, did you pick the opposite dmd option and try that? How about the “force full screen” option? Did you try enabling/disabling that?

Fullscreen.

I just tried your two suggestions, still no luck. Its the weirdest thing, and probably the easiest solution, it just needs to be found. Might I add that I like the table and feel of it, its just missing the scoring side of things :)

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

If you have forced fullscreen on – then turn it off. If it works then, well, then you need to set directddraw to a zero value in the registry for the rom.

bietekwiet
                            Participant
                              @bietekwiet

The ball isn’t loading at the plunger for me.

Is this a known issue?

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

Yes. Update your pinmame. Mentioned already in the release.

agentEighty6
                                Participant
                                  @zigbane

If Thalamus’ suggestion doesnt work, then would you be able to install vpx on another pc and see if you get the same results?

Paul
                                  Participant
                                    @mrbungle

If Thalamus’ suggestion doesnt work, then would you be able to install vpx on another pc and see if you get the same results?

I could, however, I might end up just doing a wipe and reinstall just to tidy things up. It is a strange little gremlin that I have but I sadly don’t have the coding skills/knowledge to track my issue down. Thanks for the help and I will report back when I start from scratch.

Cheers and thanks for the help from all so far.

STAT
                                    Participant
                                      @stefanaustria
                                      MemberContributor

Thanks Guys for this Update :good:

ashleyb
                                      Participant
                                        @ashleyb

This is great!  Only issue I have is I only have mechanical table sounds, should there be music, call outs etc?  On the latest sambuild and vpx 10.6.

agentEighty6
                                        Participant
                                          @zigbane

That’s interesting…  I’m not seeing any issues like that.  Did you try to restart VPX?  Is it happening with V1.0.1?

Anyone else having sound issues with V1.1.0?

ashleyb
                                          Participant
                                            @ashleyb

That’s interesting… I’m not seeing any issues like that. Did you try to restart VPX? Is it happening with V1.0.1?

Anyone else having sound issues with V1.1.0?

Thanks agentEighty6,  was a corrupt rom, downloaded again and working.  Not a table I’ve played much previously so never noticed the problem before.  Thanks again, looks like a nice table with the updates.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 70 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?