Need a little Backglass Monitor help…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Watacaractr
    Participant
      @watacaractr

Hey everyone. Got a bit of a problem with my new 32″ BG monitor (tv). Unfortunately, my old monitor (tv) quit working and had to be replaced. :( Here’s the problem I am having and I hope someone can shed a little light. I have a smart strip with everything in my cab connected and turns on with one button. Most of us do, right? Well this  new BG monitor’s screen, the actual screen, does NOT come on when powering up the cab. The monitor (tv) powers on but I have to use the on/off button or the remote control to get the screen to actually show. RED LED = Power on, push power button, BLUE LED = Screen on. It’s really annoying when you have to break out the remote to turn on the BG, especially when your buds are over. Any way to do a work-around to get it working to come on with everything else? I’m stumped. Thank you in advance.

BorgDog
      Participant
        @borgdog
        MemberContributorvip

so it it showing it has power is all the red is saying, turning on is the other. common problem  sometimes there are settings buried in the menus that can enable turn on when recieving power, mine was in the service menu and I had to do some online searching to find how to get to the service menu.  other options that i have done is to have a timer circuit that say 10 seconds after it gets power momentarily pushes the button on the tv (well, opens the circuit as if it pushed the button).  There are a bunch of thread about it somewhere on vpf, not sure any are here.  someone may have a link.

outhere
          @outhere
          MemberContributorvipModerator

1- Check on borgdog idea first, the easiest  (service menu)

2- This idea you have to take the TV apart, I use a use this idea for my old DMD monitor and worked great
          https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27987&hl=%2B12v+%2Brelay+%2Bcycle+%2Btimer

3- Number 99
          http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/BuildGuideV2/BuildGuide.php?custom=EU&expver=R3.201602xx&sid=toc

Watacaractr
          Participant
            @watacaractr

Thank you BorgDog and outhere. Unfortunately, there is no service menu code available for my off brand monitor. Can’t find anything on it online. The second looks promising but how do you hook it up to a monitor? I get taking the tv apart, but where does it attach? I’m afraid I’m not that qualified to go attaching electrical wires just anywhere. The 3rd looks good too but can’t find an actual site to purchase it?

outhere
              @outhere

1- With your generic TV if you can figure out what company makes it, Then you might be able to find the code for the service menu, it’s probably
              the same code as some major TV

2- This is really is not the best idea anymore with TV’s being so flimsy But if you’re comfortable doing it
              you need to go to where the on and off button is and either splice into the wire or solder directly to the little circuit board
              ( Go to the bottom of Number 99 ) and run the wires to the timer relay —

Or if you wanted to skip the relay timer just hook the wires to the TV and put a button switch on the bottom of your cabinet

The timer can be programmed so when the Power is 1st applied, A delay timer starts for whatever you set it for And then the relay
              will turn on for whatever amount of time you set for ( half second is good ) and then go off and that will tell the TV to go
              on and it only does this when you 1st turn to power

3- The 3rd option I have never done

Watacaractr
              Participant
                @watacaractr

Ahhh.. Good news guys. I actually took the obvious extra step and emailed support for my tv (lol, was worried it didn’t exist). Support sent me the code for service menu AND the instructions to tweak the power on/off!! Will try when I get home. Thank you to everyone, hopefully this works. :) Brian

outhere
                  @outhere

That’s cool  :yahoo: I hope it works :good:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?