Need a solution: VP9 Line Drive backglass

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LynnInDenver
    Participant
      @lynnindenver

So I’m in the throes of getting the system menu all media’d up in the new pincab… and there is one pretty serious hitch with one table. I’ve got Pinuck’s build of William’s Line Drive installed (pitch and bat)… which uses an EXE b2s backglass rather than the regular plugin style backglass.

When I quit the table, the backglass does NOT quit, and in fact sits over pretty much anything else backglass (including Popper) until I quit out of Popper and kill the backglass via the taskbar close box. It does it even when launched directly from VP9.

I’d like some sort of option or command I can input in either the VP9 emulator closing setup, or the game list options, to have Popper just close the backglass outright when the table exits. It’s OK for it to run via the emulator options if that’s what it takes; I only have one other table in VP9, and that’s the Zaccaria Time Machine.

If you must know, I’ve got a friend who likes the mechanical bases running in the backglass on that particular table, which is why I’m not seeking out a different pitch and bat.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
      Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
      Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

Try this

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=33589#entry330977

LynnInDenver
        Participant
          @lynnindenver

I ran into that. The controller stop doesn’t work, since it’s not the plugin directB2S style backglass, but this EXE beast. I did find the bit below about PSKill that I’m working with now to see if I can get Popper to run a batch command for that after exiting a VP9 table.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.

LynnInDenver
          Participant
            @lynnindenver

Oh, hey, it’s solved. I looked at the options for handling DMDExt in the Close Script area of FX2/FX3, and added this to the Close Script for VP9:

taskkill /f /im “Line_Drive_FS_B2S.exe”

Bonus: It doesn’t mess with Time Machine. But it does kill the Line Drive backglass when I exit that table. And no extra software required.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?