Need some help please!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    forsfed
    Participant
      @forsfed

Okay – I’m new to all of this in particular PinUP. I’ve followed the instructions and watched many videos on the installation but when I launch PinUP the screen resolution gets very large on the play-field screen making all the other screens not display correctly. I have 4 separate screens and at launch I can see that it changes the resolution from 1920 x 1080 to 600 x 800 on the main play-field screen.

I’ve went through many times on the initial screen setup but nothing makes a difference. I’ve even went as far as to drop it down just to the play-field and still changes resolution.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

i don’t understand as PinUP doesn’t change or set any video resolutions/settings.

are you talking about Popper?  vpx playing/settings?

1 user thanked author for this post.
        forsfed
        Participant
          @forsfed

All I really know is that I go into PinUpMenuSetup – Exit and Launch

At this point Popper fires up my main monitor – (set as play-field) the resolution changes making things larger and pushes all the configured Popper screens making it all out of alignment. In vpx I’m able to launch a table – Tron with everything as it should be.

I’ve uninstalled PinUP and after a reload seeing the same.

The only thing left to do is uninstall EVERYTHING and start over. I had Popper working great and then after a reboot it went south.

Heck – I mainly just want a polished front end that when selecting a game the topper video continues on my 4th screen during gameplay :)

Thanks for any information and help.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

OMG dont start over. is your monitors scaling all at 100% and not higher?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

forsfed
            Participant
              @forsfed

All set to 100%

PinUPPlayerTest – test PinUPPlayer does the same thing and states all is clear. Resolution remains 800×600 on main until I close the Player test exe.

Thanks for the replies.

NailBuster
                @nailbuster
                ModeratorMember

i would check your GPU/nvidia? drivers to see if it does stuff if it detects video players/etc.

forsfed
                Participant
                  @forsfed

Checked scale settings on my NVIDIA 1030 gpu and all looked fine to include checking and unchecking the app override setting/no scaling. Additionally I went as far to removing the 1030, reboot and just using the onboard video which yielded the same results.

I’ve also uninstalled PinUP Popper/Player, vpx and rebooted. Reinstalled everything – able to play the 2 tables like before but still getting the resolution issues when trying PinUP Popper.

Man I really want this so any additional help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Might help to show us your windows screen setup(screenshot) and your screen setup In pup. You must have it setup wrong somewhere and are just overlooking it.

for IOS and Android

forsfed
                    Participant
                      @forsfed

CFE4AF70-A088-48FD-8920-DB32EE63D8A36098E035-5496-4AE2-A798-D1FA48305AD624C62951-8403-4CA9-84F2-37EF93BF73E863703F9D-6606-41C8-B32D-D353F0A008239E64B447-EB0E-4B04-BC4E-DF829920C28F88AC769D-545E-430B-8377-93D6D26E5D16

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

not sure why your screens are showing out of order like that maybe try getting them in order. assuming display 2 is playfield? i would switch cables to make it display 1,2,3,4. see screen shot below

Propper_screen_positions

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

forsfed
                        Participant
                          @forsfed

I’ve done that and didn’t change the outcome. Even going to 2 screens on either the 1030 GPU or the onboard yielded same results.

Thanks.

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

after you change the cables around to get your monitors setup correctly you will need to re setup your displays properly in popper. Playfield should be display #1

for IOS and Android

NailBuster
                              @nailbuster
                              ModeratorMember

the actual display #s or winIDs don’t matter.  many have it like 3,1,2 or 2,3,1… what matters is that playfield is the far left (primary) and your other displays are horizontal on the right with top-aligned.

you should line up the ‘tops’ of all displays (but doubt that would cause issue, but who knows).

if you want to test something,  move all your pupdisplays to your primary screen make them like small like 640×480 for testing.  and see what happens.

forsfed
                              Participant
                                @forsfed

Still the same. I moved all to main screen and when launching, main screen goes dark comes back with larger desktop/icons and shifts all the screen to compensate.

I’m at the point that I’ll pay someone to login and fix this – I’ve spent too much time on it. :-)

Thanks.

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Gosh that is very strange stuff! Are you testing vp 10.6? If so does your video preferences show primary display as your proper display? They added a new setting and I’ve seen a few people fighting similar things and was that new option not set right in the vp video settings

for IOS and Android

-RpT
                                  Participant
                                    @rpt

Strange indeed!

Not sure what might be going on but things i would recommend you try to at least troubleshoot further.

1. try using the quick positiion in popper to re-setup your screens and save on each one (noticed its set to #3 in all pics
                                    2. Make you playfield primary display (display 1) and to the left hand side
                                    3. post pics of your nvidia control panel settings for these screens + the windows resolution settings.
                                    4. Disconnect your topper and try to get 3 screens working at first, then add the topper later.
                                    -RpT
                                    Participant
                                      @rpt

or @forsfed as we are both online i could have a quick look using teamviewer if you like… but only got about 20-30 mins before i have to go!

forsfed
                                      Participant
                                        @forsfed

Sorry been on a conference call. If you or someone else doesn’t mind in about 2 hours login and take a look that’s be great?

Thanks for all the replies.

NailBuster
                                          @nailbuster
                                          ModeratorMember

it could be that the 1030 is just not strong enough or has enough video ram so when 2-3 videos start playing your GPU downsizes your resolutions?

does the 1030 GPU run vpx ok at 1080p?

forsfed
                                          Participant
                                            @forsfed

Yep..vpx works fine.

I have 2 cabs I’m building so have an identical PC waiting. Going to start fresh with that one and see how far I get. This is prior to the 1030 install.

Stay tuned lol

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?