Neptune (Gottlieb 1978)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    BorgDog
    Participant
      @borgdog
      MemberContributorvip

http://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=78046

Continuing with the grunge series of tables (I do live near Seattle) Hauntfreaks and I present to you our deluxe 1.5K edition of Gottlieb’s 1978 Neptune.  Haunt brought this project to me as a rebuild of vp9 version with someone’s redraw which during my course of setting it up became apparent it was not sized right.  Also while looking around I ran across a decent resolution full stripped playfield shot of Poseidon, the export version of this table, on IPDB that had a nice worn look to it, well OK it was/is pretty trashed, but at least it was complete and could be sized to the correct proportions and have everything in the right places.  haunt did some magic and improved the main feature of the playfield graphics, but again we went with the worn and rusty look.  We did do some partial restores with some new metal and plastic bits, but this is a well loved machine.

Download includes the directB2s and landscape and portrait POV files (table comes in portrait).

Total of 28 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Wow nice! Thanks guys for everything :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Ben Logan2
        Participant
          @benlogan2

I love the worn look, Borg and HF. Can’t wait to play this one. Great layout. Thanks!

bord
            @bord
            MembervipContributorModerator

Love the distressed builds. What a great art package on this thing. Thanks, guys!

Rajo Joey
            Participant
              @joey2001

Looks fantastic and I’m sure, it also will be play great. :good:   :yahoo:

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

Worn look is the best if done correctly. Knowing you guys, I’m confident it is. Really looking forward to get back from work today. Thank you very much BorgDog and Hauntfreaks !

rotrax
                Participant
                  @rotrax

love your work guys. Love this old table’s. Many thanks from near the north sea (The Netherlands)

Micronaut
                  Participant
                    @micronaut

Bordog and Hauntfreak : i`m whant to thanks to the two for this wonder, it is very pleasing to the eye and a prodigy of physics when playing, transmits everything that a classic electromechanical pinball can to transmit

senseless
                    Participant
                      @senseless

Thanks BorgDog for another excellent EM table and Hauntfreaks for your help in the gfx department :)!

kds70
                      Participant
                        @kds70

Thanks, thanks and once more thanks for your work and this top EM table release :rose:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

THE MAGICIAN
                        Participant
                          @themagician

Great job!
                          Do you have any plans to build “Big Indian”?
                          Greetings.

Bladeof
                          Participant
                            @bladeof

Thanks for table BD and HF. Really like the worn look.

Drybonz
                            Participant
                              @drybonz

Cool table, guys… thank you.

I have to admit, I didn’t like the ball shadow at all when it first started showing up on tables, but HF, or whoever has been modifiying it, it looks way better on the some of the newer ones.

Thanks again.

HauntFreaks
                                @hauntfreaks
                                vipContributorMember

I owned Big Brave as a kid and I have all the art ready when borg is interested in scripting it… all it would be is a script and BG change for it to be Big Indian

Al
                                Participant
                                  @alandee

Continuing with the grunge series of tables (I do live near Seattle)

That settles it, I’m leaving Au for Seattle !

My daughter is over there at the moment on her way back home, and keeps sending me photos of pinnies shes finding all over the place .. here we can’t even find an arcade with anything other than 1 modern table and a bunch of ‘whack-a-mole’ or similar activities .. She has now, at the age of 24, come to the realisation that when I tell her and her boyfriend that they aren’t arcades .. I’m right :)

These older and aged tables just seem more .. pinbally and less arcadey to me at least, and the wizardy of BD and HF is a delight. Thanks so much for letting me be nostalgic !

Cheers,

al.

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

I just had a minute to load this up! Looks good plays great and man am I happy I got a chime unit! Thanks guys

********************************************************
                                    Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                    for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Drybonz
                                    Participant
                                      @drybonz

I owned Big Brave as a kid and I have all the art ready when borg is interested in scripting it… all it would be is a script and BG change for it to be Big Indian

You’ve been wanting to do that Big Brave table for a while now… hope you can get it worked out… would be cool.

vogliadicane
                                      Participant
                                        @vogliadicane

awwwsome release again! :yes: Thanks BorgDog and Haunt.

united kingdom
                                        Participant
                                          @rockhouse

many thanks for neptune vp10

looks excellent love the look and playability

of the older e.m’s  :yahoo:

more power to your e.m arm

:good: :good:   :good:

Mal
                                          Participant
                                            @malifica

This table is such a pleasure to play. Spot on mechanics and “feels” like I am playing a proper working older machine that may reside in a Pacific Northwest Penny Arcade. I suppose the only quibble would be the kick-out saucer “grabbiness”, but that isn’t a table issue and only so much can be tweaked with that element and still provide consistent capture and register.

A wonderful work of art BorgDog and team. Thank you. :good:

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?