new FP install with 2 small issues.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    legin
    Participant
      @legin

Hi All

I recently watched and followed Terry Red’s latest video guide on this site to setup Future pinball.  After finishing the guide I downloaded all of Slamtilts Ultimate Pro tables,  I tried about 6 of them and they all worked.  I assumed my install was all OK so I also downloaded a bunch of older tables.  All up I have 36 different tables.  Before trying them in pinup popper I ran each table first and all of them worked except for one (Blade Runner Ultimate Pro 1.04).  Blade runner gets to the end of the loading screen then it crashes just before the table would normally appear.  If I run FPLoader as admin this table loads but I get pop up windows about Microsoft Net Framework saying access is denied.  I can push continue on the popup window and Blade Runner is now up and running.  I dont want to run FPLoader as admin as it will also screw with Popper front end.

The other problem I have is when I record either with popper auto record or from popper front end, the Playfield only records as a static image.  The Backglass records OK.

I have watched and re-read Terrys guide again and I cant find a step I have missed.  I want to get this right before I install pinevent.

Any ideas

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

If you are requiring to run FPLoader.exe as admin to get all tables to work… then that is down to your PC and however you have your security / uac  Defender, etc all setup.

Windows restricts some functions for some programs much more now… so you don’t always get to choose to not run as admin, unless you can get the rest of your system to allow it.

This is much more the case with PinEvent tables, since they also load external vbs scripts, which Defender tends to block. Same goes for many other FP tables including SLAM’s Ultimate Pro tables.

Myself, I have UAC off completely, and Defender disabled completely… and don’t run anti-virus normally and I have no issues needing to run FP as Admin… but not everyone wants to do that. (I have ran MalWare Bytes with no issues).

As for your Net crashing…. test without Popper to see if you still have the problem. It may be from DOFLinx if you are running the HOLD ACTIVATION command which is not longer recommended as it will cause crashes. Always test outside a front-end to get everything working first…or if having problems.

Be sure your Visual C++ for all years is installed and updated. Same goes for gpu and audio drivers.

legin
        Participant
          @legin

If you are requiring to run FPLoader.exe as admin to get all tables to work… then that is down to your PC and however you have your security / uac Defender, etc all setup.

Windows restricts some functions for some programs much more now… so you don’t always get to choose to not run as admin, unless you can get the rest of your system to allow it.

This is much more the case with PinEvent tables, since they also load external vbs scripts, which Defender tends to block. Same goes for many other FP tables including SLAM’s Ultimate Pro tables.

Myself, I have UAC off completely, and Defender disabled completely… and don’t run anti-virus normally and I have no issues needing to run FP as Admin… but not everyone wants to do that. (I have ran MalWare Bytes with no issues).

As for your Net crashing…. test without Popper to see if you still have the problem. It may be from DOFLinx if you are running the HOLD ACTIVATION command which is not longer recommended as it will cause crashes. Always test outside a front-end to get everything working first…or if having problems.

Be sure your Visual C++ for all years is installed and updated. Same goes for gpu and audio drivers.

Hi Terry

Thanks for the reply mate, we can always rely on you for help.  Much appreciated.

Windows security seems to be getting out of hand and more and more complicated.  I have windows home and I tried to disable Defender via regedit.  This doesn’t seem to work anymore.  I have heard microsoft disabled the option on an update somewhere around August this year so I am interested to know how to disable it completely.

I have now installed Malwarebytes and Defender seems to stay off now.

I have Firewall turned off, that stays off.

I checked my Doflinx.ini file and I cant find  the HOLD ACTIVATION command anywhere.  I haven’t heard of it.  Is it in the doflinx.ini?

I checked my C++ and its up to date.  I ran the install again just to be sure

All of my drivers are up to date.  I double checked them again. Sound, Video, MB, chipset etc.  I installed a new SSD 1 or 2 weeks ago and re-installed windows and everything else from scratch.

I still cant open this table unless I use run as admin.  All of the other FP tables I have run fine.  No run as admin needed.

I have already installed VPX, FX3, Dof R3, Doflinx, Pinup player and popper, Pinsound, EqualiserAPO, Peace, Freezy, P-ROC and VPinSPA.  All of these can run as normal.  No run as admin needed.  It was quite surprising to me to be quite honest with you as I am so used to having to run a lot of this stuff as admin.

So I am just about ready to give up on FP.  The only thing I can think of is re-installing

The issue with playfield videos recording as static images is persisting.

TerryRed
            @terryred

Re-installing FP won’t change how your system is acting with FP-BAM needing admin. It just may be that you need it with how your system is setup. It’s not the end of the world to require it. I ran with Popper as admin and FPLoader as admin for years.

As for Popper recording with FP… you can’t use Popper’s default FFMPEG as it doesn’t record FP’s exclusive Fullscreen mode. You need to use Popper’s GPU or OBS Record option. Myself, I use OBS with nvidia encoder.

MrMoose74
            Participant
              @mrmoose74

Hi legin,

I had the exact same issue with the Blade Runner Ultimate Pro table, it loaded up but then just before the table would show it would crash.

This is the steps I took to circumvent the issue:

1. Turned off Windows Defender. Did nothing, same problem. Table crashes. (Actually I already had it off, but you get the point) :unsure:

2. Ran FPLoader as an admin. That worked, but, running processes as admin is at best a last resort which mostly introduce other issues. :negative:

3. I decided to try something different. I already had all my folders (FP, PinUPSystem, DOF etc) as exceptions in Windows Defender but I also decided to add the FPLoader.exe process as an exception too. I’ve done this with some other dll:s and exe:s but I’m not sure if this helps, can’t hurt though. At least, Defender should not monitor these processes anymore (…dunno if this actually accomplishes that…maybe?). :wacko:

4. Here is what actually made it work. It dawned on me that if you start the table by double clicking the table file, maybe it will not open FPLoader correctly? So I tried that, and that made the table crash. Then I opened the table from within FPLoader and started it with the ball icon. Woah, that worked!!! :yahoo:

Now, I made sure Defender is completely on, even rebooted the computer and added the table to PinUP Popper, to make sure it would start from the Front End. It did. :good:

I think it maybe a case of how you start a table (might be only certain tables) and maybe what I did in step 3 helps, can’t say for sure. Starting tables by opening the from within BAM/FPLoader seems to work better then starting by double clicking a .fpt file.

I also still got UAC on default level. Recently did a full reinstall of Windows 10 and followed all of Terry’s and Nailbusters excellent tutorials, guides and videos. I really appreciate the work you guys put in to them, it elevated my level of understanding in no time. Keep em coming guys :yes:

Hope this helps

/Micke

TerryRed
                @terryred

The easiest way to know if you launched FP with FPLoader.exe is to press Q or ~ to access the BAM menu while playing.

If the BAM menu doesn’t show… then you aren’t using FPLoader.exe.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                MrMoose74
                Participant
                  @mrmoose74

Hi Terry,

Checked again whether or not my fpt files were associated with Future Pinball or BAM and they’re all opening BAM if I double click ‘em or if I choose to “shift right click” and choose “Open with…” it says they’re associated with FPLoader.exe.

So, the problem seem to persist if I open via a table but disappears if I open BAM first. No big problem, just thought I’d share a solution. (I normally start my tables via a front end anyways :yes: )

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?