New Guy. Where do I Start

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    cxap
    Participant
      @ccap

Hello, just registered on the site. Glad I found this site .I would like to build my own VPB machine.

If anyone can point me to the proper cabinet and computer parts and accessories that would be great so I can start my build.

rgarriott
      Participant
        @rgarriott

Welcome. There are so many options my suggestion would be to start reading the build threads on the site. Lots of great info and how to’s. Good luck.
        if ya run into any issues just ask. Everyone here is more then happy to assist.

DeathInc
        Participant
          @deathincclan

Don’t do it. It’s like the mob. Once your in you can’t get out. ?

Good Luck!

cxap
          Participant
            @ccap

Where the best place to purchase a cabinet kit??

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

From what I’ve heard and seen, Virtuapin actually makes good cabinet parts. I would not buy all the stuff from there though. There are several options for anything in this hobby. In most cases you have the option of making it yourself or buy pre-made. But, no one I know of sells complete finished setups that are worth their asking price.

My advice. Look around in the forums. Install the software, play with it, without a cabinet. Find yourself a couple of TVs or better, monitors – lay it on the floor or something and have fun with it first. Then the next step is to decide on what size you want for the cabinet and what monitors will fit that decision. After that, you’ve probably learned something from scouring the forums for issues related to the software that you’ll already have stumbled over more info that helps you on the way. If you just jump straight on it, you are in the risk of buying or building something that you’re not fully happy with.

cxap
              Participant
                @ccap

Great Idea!! Thanks for that. So to expand on that option, Any thoughts on what machine I should be looking for? Graphics Card or Cards? Processor, RAM, SSD Drives, etc.  I’m familiar with building PC’s but I want to make sure I have enough fire power to run these games

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

If you know PC, then putting a machine together that works great for VP should not be a problem. The most important part is your GPU and that again depends on what resolution you want to build your cabinet around. Many have gone for 4k and that kind of sets the bar to a nvidia 1070 or better. I’m no lover of AMD or ATI so don’t ask me if you go that route ;) No idea, and don’t care.

flstclasic
                  Participant
                    @flstclasic

This helped me a bunch.

http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/BuildGuideV2/BuildGuide.php?sid=toc

rgarriott
                    Participant
                      @rgarriott
                      Definitely a big help for me also, good suggestion.

This helped me a bunch.

http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/BuildGuideV2/BuildGuide.php?sid=toc

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?