New login page in configtool

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Arngrim
    Participant
      @arngrim
      DOF MinisterMember

Hey guys,

We will soon reach 2000 people in the DOF Configtool :), I’m amazed on how the people manage to find their way to the site, I’m not very active in the forums recently, all the user in the forums are doing the publicity, and every week, new users are coming in, thank you :)

I slightly changed the login page, mostly added the youtube video that slashbot made some time ago, i still love it, it presents the main acotrs around DOF (pity we are in DOF R3 and it talks about DOF R2) and some cabinet in action,  from swisslizard, mine :

In fact i started this thread because i was looking for someone that could build another video to replace this one for the login page, with more cabinet in action with force feedback, include the ones of TerryRed for example, but despite i still really like this video

What do you think, do we keep this one or we try to make another one with more DOF action?

freneticamnesic
        @freneticamnesic
        vipModeratorMember

Showing off DOF would be cool.

2000 users… that’s a lot! Paul said DOF feels fake – I’m sure more people have DOF than VirtuaPin cabinets!!! Heck I bet even some have added DOF to VirtuaPins! I can’t play without feedback now. I’m switching a few of my contactors out for solenoids soon, because even the contactors aren’t cutting it. Shakers, gears, RGB, what you and everyone else have done with DOF is amazing.

Punch it!

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

I just was talking about how many people are members of dof the other day! I don’t mind saying I helped in that promotion of Dof and very proud to be a small part of it! @Arngrim you are the minister of dof and congrats to the tool!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

TerryRed
            @terryred
            MemberContributorModerator

Thanks doesn’t go far enough for what you guys have done with DOF. When I built my cabinet I never thought I would need controlled lighting, and didn’t even know feedback was even a thing.

Now I have “most” (still need shaker and gear) of the cabinet toys you can get, and love every minute of it.

Its not just a front page that is new in DOF Config Tool….

Now you can use Letters, and Numbers (and special characters) as shapes for addressable leds!  I added all the letters, numbers, and special characters to the DirectOutputShapes.xml, and now Arngrim has also included it as part of your download (you only need to copy DirectOutputShapes.xml to your DirectOutput folder one time).

He’s also included simple new variables for letters, and numbers and custom “character flashers” that can be used now as well.

Letters = @LetterA@, @LetterB@, etc.  (you can also use SHPLetterA, SHPLetterB, etc)

Numbers = @Number0@, @Number1@ (you can also use SHPNumber0, SHPNumber1, etc)

The new Character Flashers (on the Port Assignments page) are different from the “default” flashers that you can define in the ledstrip variables (which are flashemulo, flashemuli, etc). Those are the default size and “shape”  of flashers used for ALL tables.

The Character Flashers are refereed to as @flasherclo@, @flashercli@, @flashercc@, @flashercri@, @flasherro@. You can only define their size, not a shape. It’s created this way so that you can use these flashers that you defined for EVERY table with their own unique Letter, Number, or Shape, without it interfering with the default flasher shapes. Now you can use both, or replace the emulated flashers with your own “Table Specific” character flashers and shapes.

So you can use Character Flashers to give Tales of Arabian Nights the letters “TOTAN” for your 5 flashers.  Theatre of Magic can display “MAGIC”, and so on.

You can also now use those new letters and numbers to form any words you can fit on the PF BACK MX. It’s not just limited to 5 Flasher use.

Another thing Arngrim did was add the ability to chose colour roms on some tables such as Metallica LE, ACDC LE, Star Trek LE. This way you can have the table configured in DOF Config Tool for roms that need “C” on the end.   (st_161h, needs to be st_161hc)  If this wasn’t added you previously may have needed to change the *.ini files yourself to get this to work.

A big thank you to Arngrim for adding these in….its made my life so much easier now….

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

We’re very lucky to have people like @arngrim and @randr in our community. Can’t thank them enough for their hard work.

freneticamnesic
                @freneticamnesic
                vipModeratorMember

Shaker and Gear are severely underrated. I didn’t have mine on when i started working on my cab again recently and noticed immediately.

Punch it!

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Shaker is a MUST have Gear is cool but hard to hear at times but when people notice it they are like WTF its actually turning :)

for IOS and Android

senseless
                  Participant
                    @senseless

Congratulations :). The DOF config environment is just great and a nice demonstration on how to create a generic environment that supports all these different kind of configurations. My cab would not be the same without this cool DOF stuff and still love it every minute. I’m even a bit spoiled and don’t like to play with my cab when DOF is disabled.

Thanks for this great contribution to the pinball community.

TerryRed
                      @terryred

I would gladly install a shaker motor if someone could show me a simple motor that runs on 12V.

Simple on/off function (just dial the set speed). Nothing more than that.

I finally will be moving to a place that has alot of real pinball I can play…and yes I noticed the shaker when it kicked in! Not as crazy as my 12 transducers in my simpit, but still cool!

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

A single or dual shaft 12v motor will work. Look on eBay or a axeman surplus has them too. Google Williams shaker motor you will find just the motor specs

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

freneticamnesic
                          @freneticamnesic
                          vipModeratorMember

arngrim has a spiffy new special edition DOF badge :)

Punch it!

TerryRed
                            @terryred

Here’s a simple demo of using the newly supported letters as a 5 flasher replacement.  It display TOTAN, TOM, and TWD LE.

Some very cool demonstrations of AC/DC LE will be coming…

Wildman
                            Participant
                              @wildman

PM me  here or at VPU Arngrim I give it a shot  might take a couple weeks…give me clips and ideas…Im in  :good:

Im sure we can come up with some Badass vid lol :mail:

HauntFreaks
                                @hauntfreaks
                                vipContributorMember

I would gladly install a shaker motor if someone could show me a simple motor that runs on 12V. Simple on/off function (just dial the set speed). Nothing more than that. I finally will be moving to a place that has alot of real pinball I can play…and yes I noticed the shaker when it kicked in! Not as crazy as my 12 transducers in my simpit, but still cool!

this is a common motor used…. its a monster
                                http://www.ebay.com/itm/Johnson-HC-970-Dual-Shaft-Hobby-Motor-6V-DC-1500-RPM-Great-for-R-C-Boats-/282091198681?hash=item41adf218d9:g:8fgAAOSwEK9UFEAk

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

that would work but i would use a 12v motor honestly.

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  HauntFreaks
                                    @hauntfreaks
                                    vipContributorMember

ah this bad boy can handle 12v with no problem….

Arngrim
                                    Participant
                                      @arngrim
                                      DOF MinisterMember

thanks guys :)

all the primer toys are complimentary from each other, i always try to use a max of them in all tables, so i recommend for all the users to have all these toys on their cab for the full experience

10 contactors

5 or 10 flashers or even better ledstrips

knocker

gear motor

shaker

rgb ledstrip undercab

strobe(s)

beacon(s)

fan/blower (not so optional imo ;) )

rgb flippers (optional)

front buttons (start, plunger button, exit, extra ball optional, credit)

ah and i almost forgot, a second sound system is a MUST have, not a gadget at, i can’t do witout it either, i can’t imagine having the mech sounds from the speaker panel again, and you increase the main volume and the mech sounds like flippers etc increase as well, mech sounds coming from the cabinet itself add a lot to the virtual experience ;)

TerryRed
                                        @terryred

thanks guys :) all the primer toys are complimentary from each other, i always try to use a max of them in all tables, so i recommend for all the users to have all these toys on their cab for the full experience 10 contactors 5 or 10 flashers or even better ledstrips knocker gear motor shaker rgb ledstrip undercab strobe(s) beacon(s) fan/blower (not so optional imo ;) ) rgb flippers (optional) front buttons (start, plunger button, exit, extra ball optional, credit) ah and i almost forgot, a second sound system is a MUST have, not a gadget at, i can’t do witout it either, i can’t imagine having the mech sounds from the speaker panel again, and you increase the main volume and the mech sounds like flippers etc increase as well, mech sounds coming from the cabinet itself add a lot to the virtual experience ;)

Thank you so much Arngrim for what you do. You breathe life to these tables within our cabinets…and I agree, the blower fan is not optional. :)

KiwiBri
                                        Participant
                                          @kiwibri

I would gladly install a shaker motor if someone could show me a simple motor that runs on 12V. Simple on/off function (just dial the set speed). Nothing more than that. I finally will be moving to a place that has alot of real pinball I can play…and yes I noticed the shaker when it kicked in! Not as crazy as my 12 transducers in my simpit, but still cool!

@TerryRed
                                           – Dang! I just bought a shaker motor on ebay a few weeks back.  It was only $US8 but $15 to ship from the US. Its the same motor as used by williams in their WPC shakers (ie. Whitewater). Unfortunately the guy who had them is now sold out. (He had a ton of them brand new). I just build my shaker mount last night and will be looking to find a cover to use as protection as well (Dollar store plastic container upside down perhaps?)

Anyway, I have’t updated my build thread in VPF as I have been busy building and wiring. I haven’t been on the forums much.  I should  be up and running as soon as I get the solenoids installed!. I am drooling at anticipation watching all these updates in recent weeks!

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

@kiwibri Please share a link to vpf of your build thread! would like to see it :good:

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?