New SpongeBob WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    SkillShot
    Participant
      @dsmehlho

Preview

Hi Everyone,

I haven’t posted around here before, but as a habitual lurker, I figured it was time to make a contribution and attempt to build my first table. I know there are a few tables around with this theme but thought it would be a good first build as there are a lot of resources available. I wanted to start with a fun modern layout so I used JP’s Revenge from Mars as the base but I am attempting to script all new original rules and won’t be using the rom.

My main objective is to build a table with really great sound design as I have a background in this area. I have attempted a few sound mods of early SS tables but have never been fully satisfied with the results. I realized that sound design needs to be integrated into the table design and rules to be successful so I decided to give it a try. I am decent at graphics and scripting but still learning, so hopefully I can craft a good and fun table for everyone to enjoy. The table is about 50% complete, not sure how long it will take me to finish but I’ll try to post updates.

Thanks to JPSalas for allowing mods of his table, Schreibi34 for the awesome insert images, and the rest of the community for posting lots of advice that a beginner like me can follow.

6 users thanked author for this post.
      sheltemke
      Participant
        @sheltemke

Looks fantastic dsmehlho, and i love spongebob so thank you for doing this :)

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

My daughter has been begging me for a spongebob table, thanks

SkillShot
          Participant
            @dsmehlho

Thanks everyone for the support. The table is progressing nicely. Just finished scripting the b2s LED displays today. I was going slightly insane trying to get the text to display, until I finally figured out you needed to convert the characters to binary decimal values to display correctly on the b2s reel. I guess that’s part of the adventure of being a first time author, lol.

Shout out to rosve, looking at your code for U-Foes was a big help.

FlippingSweet
            Participant
              @nomorestalker

Looks like this will be a fantastic!

SkillShot
              Participant
                @dsmehlho

New video of the first beta version. All the basic scripting, music, and graphics are complete. Now just need to add extra sound fx and work out a couple game-play quirks. I must say I’m pretty happy with the progress so far.

3 users thanked author for this post.
                bil
                Participant
                  @bilil1

Very good work ! Bravo :good:

bil
                  Participant
                    @bilil1

Hello, I hope everything is fine and that you are still working on this beautiful table.
                    I am very surprised that your work arouses little interest outside of my person. The subject “Spongebob” may not interest people … and it’s a shame !!
                    BIL

Scotty VH
                      @scottt
                      ModeratorMember

I agree!  I think this is a great design idea, and am watching the thread.  Sorry for not posting sooner, but this is awesome.  Good luck with the build, dsmehlho!  We are all counting on you!  B-)

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

@dsmehlho this is first i have seen of this too and looks great. I am for any table that my grandkids will like and this looks like one :) heck i will like it too

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

JR
                        Participant
                          @jfr1

I am very surprised that your work arouses little interest …

Lot’s of interest here!  Who else has a SpongBob Hot Wheels!!
                          20200712_172858

Onevox
                          Participant
                            @rooster

Looking forward to this. I thought about doing a SB table myself and was glad to see that you’re working on it. Video looks great.

Onevox

dielated
                            Participant
                              @dielated

This looks great! Cant wait! In fact, any chance I could play the prototype? :o

Oroborus
                              Participant
                                @oroborus

My son and I cant wait to play this !!  Thank you for your work !

Hacksaw777
                                Participant
                                  @hacksaw777

Looks great grand son can’t wait.

SkillShot
                                  Participant
                                    @dsmehlho

I promise I’m still working on this, lol. I’ve been putting in a lot of hours at my job the past few months which has prolonged the table build.

Found some time to do some major coding on the project today, it’s getting really close to release ready. I’d say it’s about 90% complete at this point. I look forward to hopefully sharing it with everyone soon.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    SkillShot
                                    Participant
                                      @dsmehlho

Update: I figured out how to read analog nudge values from the script using NudgeSensorStatus. One more item checked off the list!

Question for my fellow developers. With analog nudge, what gets triggered by vpx when the nudge threshold is exceeded? Is it eMechanicalTilt? I am putting the finishing touches on the script and analog tilt is one of the last remaining on the to-do list.

With a bit of luck this could be released by the end of the week!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by SkillShot.
                                      2 users thanked author for this post.
                                      SkillShot
                                      Participant
                                        @dsmehlho

I think this table is finally finished. Just need to give it a little more play time to catch any remaining bugs. Should be uploaded in a few days.

Here are a some stats about the table:

• 9 modes
                                        • Multi-ball
                                        • 2 super jackpot shots
                                        • Features a soundtrack of over 20 songs and 50 quotes
                                        • Fun surprises and easter eggs around every corner!
                                        • This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by SkillShot.
                                        1 user thanked author for this post.
                                        The Loafer
                                        Participant
                                          @theloafer

9 modes?  Wow, very cool, looking forward to it.  It’s a great theme, should make an interesting original!

zimbakin
                                          Participant
                                            @zimbakin

Man, that is hilarious! love your work…LOL

Never take advice from me,
                                            you'll end up drunk.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?