Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

I can measure one of my cabs what you mean by deep?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
    for IOS and Android

Al
    Participant
    @alandee

Lockbar assy on order .. whew ! I almost ordered a coindoor as well, but that would have trashed this months budget, so .. next month for the coin door .. the coindoor top mounting hole looks like it lines up with the lockbar mounting bracket hole, is that correct ?

Cheers,

al.

Al
    Participant
    @alandee

I can measure one of my cabs what you mean by deep?

Thanks Randr from the front of the cab back to the glass across the top of the actual bar if that makes sense ?

Cheers,

al.

Al
    Participant
    @alandee

Sounds like a trip to your local Timezone with a tape measure might be in order? lol When I was planning mine I was at my local club marking Shrek’s flipper positions on a table napkin ;)

I Wish we still had a Timezone here, or Downtown, or TiLt ( where the tough kids used to hang out and wag school ) or Magic Mountain or Alladins Castle .. but alas, my kids haven’t seen an arcade other than ones with lots of clothes in them :) I’ve hard of one privately run in the Northern suburbs so I’m gearing up for an expedition !

There was a time when every pizza bar, chicken and fish n chip shop had a machine or two ..

Cheers,

al.

Al
    Participant
    @alandee

Some minor progress ( well, major to me :)) I have a bruised palm from nudging .. I like being able to nudge but boy do I need to play with the settings !

I’m having all sorts of issues with the ZEBS plunger running freely ? it’s kind of physically “grabby” no matter how I align it, infact I think the whole thing is a bit average, especially for the money, and again I need to play with settings as the plunger doesn’t  move so much as disappear and then appear with the ball at full tilt ..I’m not even sure where the settings are :| and until now, I didn’t realise how many tables don’t use a plunger ! So I’m fitting up the launch button next ..

Temporary dodgey wiring in place, temporary fit up until the little driver for my laptop screen arrives, and I need to fab the backbox and work out a few rgb led flashers or similar. .. still waiting for the coin door, lockbar and backbox hinges, DOF might just be some solenoids and a knocker for free games so I can keep nudging working well. Started thinking about artwork .. I think I have about a dozen tables working well. .. so software needs to continue to be installed.

Cheers,

al.

Attachments:
    Al
    Participant
    @alandee

Quick update and a couple of Q’s

So after a lot of testing, and waiting, ( still waiting ) for my DMD laptop screen driver to arrive .. I’m at a stale mate. I’ve started cutting for the backbox, but don’t want to get too far ahead of myself as I’m not sure if I can even get the laptop screen to look right with the dodgey chinese laptop screen driver I have on order, but it will be cool if it works. I’ve got miles of wire, tons of connectors, and most of the rest of the bits to keep going with .. but I can’t till I get the screen driver.

In the interim I’ve been playing with the zebs plunger I have ( not over the moon with it ) it’s problematic, and I’m having all sorts of trouble trying to get it to firstly plunge freely ( Currently the weight of the usb cable slung over the inside tube is working till it moves and then I need to reset it ) so I guess I need to tape around it’s opening to clamp it a bit tighter. The second issue it calibration, I’m going to have to dimple the tip where it goes into the plunger sleeve as it’s constantly out of calibration, so I find myself using the launch button 9x / 10, or sticking my fingers in under the monitor to push the little ring inside the sleeve back on the plunger tip.

Those jobs will be this weeks undertaking

The nudge works well though, although I’ve reversed the X axis as I think it is more realistic. I can’t seem to get it to tilt at any point ? What do people have what I guess, is in tilt sensitivity setting ? or do you use a separate tilt bob and wire it into a button ?

Oh yeah I got a coin door, it’s nfg for my coin mech, so i’m looking at how I can fabricate a bracket for it, but have another on order just incase I can’t work it out and I’ll use it on the next one. Till then the cab is getting a pretty handsome work out :) and I’m saving for the first of the DOF boards as I can get hold of a few solenoids and contactors.

Cheers,

al.

Al
    Participant
    @alandee

Woo hoo, new coin door fitted, and damn if it isn’t working :) Back box hinges have arrived, tilt bob on order, knocker and PACLED on order ( Starting small .. will work up to the full DOF or more likely wait till my next build ( 4k screen, real DMD, and full sized currently being planned and submitted for approval from the minister for finance .. ) ) So backbox build this coming week, started marking out the DMD/Speaker Grill, then a lick of paint, some finishing touches, slap on some vinyl, lots of wiring tidyup, and some glass.. also custom fab a lock bar top .. that’s all .. :) .. in the interim, I’ve learned so much about the software, that I’m going to start the installs from scratch once the cab is finished .. one perfect table at a time :)

Cheers,

al.

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

Perfect table? Is there such a thing? Maybe flubber tables :)

for IOS and Android

Al
    Participant
    @alandee

True enough .. although there are a couple of pearlers about .. and there appear to be some pretty exciting WIP’s about the place .. I just hope some of them see a general release .. ;) Besides perfect for me is something that I can beat my daughters boyfriend on, and my fishing club meeting boys can have a beer and enjoy without too much thinking… there’s a lot of them ! :yahoo:

Cheers,

al.

Al
    Participant
    @alandee

Hi, quick update, so I’ve got a tiltbob installed & I’ve got a pacled and I’ve got a knocker .. which I’ll run on a 24v seperate supply.

Questions :) :

1. How do I wire up a pacled to a knocker ? I’m assuming I’ll need a relay, and power over the relay to avoid burning the pacled ? Then I can see in the dof config that I just select pacled and map the knocker to the output on the pacled ( seems too easy though ! )

2. How do I map a key on a zebs analogue nudge thingy to accept a T key from the tiltbob ? It has 4 extra keys that are joystick buttons, but I don’t know how to get those to register in VPx ? ( they aren’t selectable in the drop down boxes so i might need to use some mapping or something ? )

Then all I need to do is build my backbox, and ork out why I’m getting DOFFLIPPER errors even though all the scripts have been carried over in 10.2 beta tables and then pull it all apart, paint and vinyl .. oh and glass, and work out which monitor will become my DMD, and then wire it all up neatly, and get the plunger more securely mounted and .. and .. :) Lovin’ it. :yahoo:

Cheers,

al.

BorgDog
    Participant
    @borgdog
    MemberContributorvip

#2 instead of selecting in the drop down, click on “Mech Tilt” then press the button you want to use (or tilt the bob).

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

1. How do I wire up a pacled to a knocker ? I’m assuming I’ll need a relay, and power over the relay to avoid burning the pacled ? Then I can see in the dof config that I just select pacled and map the knocker to the output on the pacled ( seems too easy though ! )

Yes you need a simple relay very easy to wire up dont forget a DIODE!!!

for IOS and Android

Al
    Participant
    @alandee

Thanks Chaps.

Yeah I don’t know why I didn’t think of the tilt bob .. so simple ! cheers.

And Diode, yep, hadn’t given it a moments thought, so thanks for that. How do I know what Diode to get ? All I know about Diodes is the flat line on the symbol goes on the side you want to protect :) It’s a standard sort of knocker, but instead of 30vdc I’m running it at 24vdc.

Cheers,

al.

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

any diode would work i suppose but i use same diodes as in real pinball as i have a bunch for real machines laying around…

#1n4004 would work #1n4007 or this would work too

for IOS and Android

Al
    Participant
    @alandee

So it’s been quiet on the build front, due mainly to the flurry of awesome tables being released ! but also .. Just yesterday I finally got my laptop driver board from a Chinese mega factory, and after a bit of resoldering last night, ( bits fell off in transport )  I’ve got it working as intended ( yey I have a DMD screen).. unfortunately that means I can no longer justify keeping monitors stacked on top of boxes to keep playing, so I’ve stripped the cab down ( one of the hardest things I’ve had to do in a long time .. so sad ) and bogged, and started sanding and designing the mounting for the backglass screens .. I’m sure it’s the right thing to do, I’m just not enjoying day one without my pinnie .. and now HF has released an update to an awesome EM, and I’m sure fireball will be released at monsterbash before long .. damn it ! It’s great only really having first world problems innit !? .. so next update will be completed assemble in a couple of weeks I hope !

Oh and I got my flasher bar working and it’s frikkin awesome, and adds so much to playing it’s ridiculous, and because I enjoyed such a simple upgrade making such a difference, I’ve got some solenoids coming so i can have what I call mini DOF .. I just want some feedback without shakers, wiper motors etc, but flipper and bumper for starters .. although I know based on my initial “naar I don’t want all the lights and bling” to “Bloody hell I need more lights and bling”, in the space of 5 minutes that I’ll probably need a new bank of solar panels to run the cab once I finish filling it with toys .. just not all at once !?

I’ve also got a stepup transformer for the knocker as 24v wasn’t really the same noise as I was hoping for .. it was a bit .. “casual” rather than a crack! I’m hoping the extra few volts to 30 will make the difference, or I’ve got a lethargic knocker .. one or the other !

Cheers,

al.

Al
    Participant
    @alandee

@xagesz’ build reminded me to close mine off  :good:   So last weekend I got it all back together, required the dmd to use the 15″ laptop screen and slapped the back glass together. The 32″ doesn’t fit a std back glass so I’ve got the speaker panel bodgeyed in there and it’s fine. The cab plays a treat it & runs just about anything I throw at it. I’ve still got to add the solenoid for flippers and bumpers but that’s easy. The knocker I got sorted with the booster board and in the back glass bugger it’s loud  :yahoo:   Lights working. Glass to come when we get the ensuite shower done. lockbar being fabricated for me over the next few days .. Now it’s time to play a few more tables !

Cheers

al

Attachments:
    Jesperpark
    Participant
    @jesperpark

Looks good Al,  keep up the good work your almost done :good:

Once you get the feedback in there and you will never go back.  I would start planning for that shaker motor though

randr
    Keymaster
    @randr
    ModeratorMember

Looks good!

for IOS and Android

Al
    Participant
    @alandee

Cheers, it looks good enough .. for now, plays great though, and really that’s all I’m concerned with ..

wine + ebay + wine = I just got a delivery of solenoids and contactors which I don’t really remember ordering .. so it looks like I will be adding mini DOF sooner rather than later. ;-)

RustyCardores
    @rustycardores
    MemberModerator

Cheers, it looks good enough .. for now, plays great though, and really that’s all I’m concerned with .. wine + ebay + wine = I just got a delivery of solenoids and contactors which I don’t really remember ordering .. so it looks like I will be adding mini DOF sooner rather than later. ;-)

“Drunk shopping” haha… yeah my wife tries to use that excuse for jewellery. I let it slide the first time, but after the 4th, 5th, ….10th time, I’m starting to think that booze is the least of my worries. ;)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2021 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

The Vpinball app

FREE
VIEW