Next FP conversion?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

While I wait for more bug reports on 3 angels (I know there is a few) what is the next most wanted table to be brought over to vp?

Maybe use this thread to suggest a table and if you suggest a table make sure it’s ok to mod it either by asking the Fp author or like 3 Angels it stated in script you are free to do mod table so that was cool.

im still enjoying conversions as I don’t really need to create a lot of resources from scratch which just kills most of my projects(hayburners is a good example) I have that table fully working with a very neat animated backglass but the table don’t look that great so will never be released.

anyways post here and if permission is granted I will convert the most requested table :wacko:

anything will be a a piece of cake compared to 3 angels build.

Also I apologize if most don’t like these Fp to vp builds but it’s a great way for me to improve my coding skills without a huge amount of time in photoshop and I have learned a ton with each one I do :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

Mark70
      Participant
        @mark70

I never played FP myself, but I saw a video of Terry’s doflinx version of (Rom’s) Knight Rider and it looked like much fun.
        But real FP users may have more or better suggestions

Pinbolt
        Participant
          @pinbolt

I would like to see Bond 50.

Aurel
          Participant
            @aurel

TUTENKHAM !!    Please  :yes:

And thank you very much for all the other tables you already made :good:

PS: “anything will be a a piece of cake compared to 3 angels build” => I think TutenKham could be also a chalenge ;)

naeromagus
            Participant
              @naeromagus

Aliens would be a cool table

. All of your other conversions are great thank you so much for all of this

TerryRed
                @terryred
                MemberContributorModerator

I’ll point out…that SLAMT1LT very recently “alluded” to not wanting his tables “willingly” converted to VPX (long story).

I would think this would be “his” originals like:

BTTF (SLAM original)

Nightmare on Elm Street (SLAM original)

Tron Legacy (SLAM original)

Bond 50

Superman (SLAM original)

Star Wars DSA

Star Wars Empire Edition

Halloween

Blade Runner

…and more

However, tables I think “should” be ok are tables that were modded versions of another author’s table like:

Jaws (Rom)

Robocop (Rom)

Aliens Legacy (Original FP Design and Concept by David Eisner…this one is iffy though)

So I think those are free game…but in some cases, like Aliens Legacy, the table its so completely different now from the original version….maybe not…who knows….so that’s a bit of a grey area.

Please guys don’t turn this into a FP vs VPX war B/S… just adding new “recent” info some may not have known.

randr is one of the most respectful guys I know. The main reason he is doing these conversions is simply because of FP physics. Recent changes with BAM and FP may make this not needed down the line….but until then, I would think that “most” authors would be fine with a conversion to VPX…especially if they haven’t been in the virtual pinball community for many years.

marie
                Participant
                  @marie

ROM made some nice FP originals. Some of them already have been converted to VPX, so permissionlike it seems hopefull…

Like mark70, Knight Rider would also be my number 1 fav. Terry’s DOFlink version was my stimulans to set up DOF lights to have the red KITT lights in action

Two other FP original beauties by Blindmankind are Road Girls and as you suggested already Randr: Dead Hunters  :good:

CarnyPriest
                  Participant
                    @carnypriest

Originals by Steve Paradis aka polygame aka HappyCab are unimpeachable.

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=3133

Tutenkham and the rest of the Tribute to the ’80s series, Reel It In!, Shootanza, Robots Invasion, Lunch TakeOut.

I can understand not wanting to play somebody’s interpretation of TAF on Future Pinball, but if you don’t have FP installed, well, you simply missing out on some fantastic originals. You’re collection is simply incomplete. :yes:

Now, permission to port to VPX. I don’t know on that. He hasn’t been active for a while.

TerryRed
                      @terryred

Originals by Steve Paradis aka polygame aka HappyCab are unimpeachable.

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=3133

Tutenkham and the rest of the Tribute to the ’80s series, Reel It In!, Shootanza, Robots Invasion, Lunch TakeOut.

I can understand not wanting to play somebody’s interpretation of TAF on Future Pinball, but if you don’t have FP installed, well, you simply missing out on some fantastic originals. You’re collection is simply incomplete. :yes:

Now, permission to port to VPX. I don’t know on that. He hasn’t been active for a while.

Words out of my mouth. So many great tables in FP. Lets hope the very recent new feature of dynamic flippers and updates to BAM can help those tables play much better.

Yah, Steve said he had no problems with mods to his tables when I asked him….but I don’t know about converting them to VPX….some of them I can see being a bit difficult to convert.

CarnyPriest
                      Participant
                        @carnypriest

I’m particularly interested in Robots Invasion. Partly because I think there are some bugs in the existing code. But also, if there is a VPX version it would be a step closer to doing a real P2k version for my cab configuration.

TerryRed
                          @terryred

I’m particularly interested in Robots Invasion. Partly because I think there are some bugs in the existing code. But also, if there is a VPX version it would be a step closer to doing a real P2k version for my cab configuration.

Actually…check out Dr Tom’s DOFLinx version here at VPinball….as I think he fixed some of the bugs.

As for playing it on your PB2K cabinet…that can be remedied with adding DOFLinx / PuP to the table…then you can project anything you want from the game (videos…images) on your reflection screen using PuP! You could always disable the hologram commands in the table…and use PuP only for that on your reflection screen. That would be VERY cool!

This could be done for ANY VPX or FP table for that matter!

Slydog43
                          Participant
                            @slydog43

Roadgirls was always one of my top FP tables back when I played FP.  Incredible job with 3 angles, can’t wait for your decision on next project.

LynnInDenver
                            Participant
                              @lynnindenver

I’d put a vote in for Dead Hunters, another table from Blindmankind. The most interesting part of the table is the Sea of Drop Targets representing the undead hordes moving towards you. Something that would be difficult or impossible, and certainly financially unfeasable, in a real pinball table. Yes, it’ll likely be another heavy conversion like Three Angels, but it’s also possible that it won’t have anything complicated like the trap in it.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                              Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                              Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

The Loafer
                              Participant
                                @theloafer

Hi all,

I’ve discussed the issue with Steve Paradis, here is his response:

“I am totally up for It. I always considered my hobby public domain anyway.  So please transmit this message to the gent or tell him to contact me directly if he need a more official permission. Cheers!”

Steve is awesome and I’m a big fan of his tables. I don’t think they are complex like Three Angels but they are fun and the guy was a master of thinking “out of the box” with his approaches in how to interpret real pinball toys into FP.

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

Hi all,

I’ve discussed the issue with Steve Paradis, here is his response:

“I am totally up for It. I always considered my hobby public domain anyway. So please transmit this message to the gent or tell him to contact me directly if he need a more official permission. Cheers!”

Steve is awesome and I’m a big fan of his tables. I don’t think they are complex like Three Angels but they are fun and the guy was a master of thinking “out of the box” with his approaches in how to interpret real pinball toys into FP.

Another class act all the way! Such a great talent, and a great guy!

His tables are some of the few out there that are completely original, and not based on other licenses… the artwork is his,etc. Amazing work he has done!

the_greeze
                                  Participant
                                    @thegreeze

Awesome job on Three Angels, thank you!  :-)

Next for me would be:

1. Aliens Legacy
                                    2. Road Girls
                                    3. Dead Hunters
                                    4. anything after those is a bonus!  B-)
                                    blackvulcan3
                                    Participant
                                      @blackvulcan3

To be honest this is like trying to choose a favourite ice cream flavour, so many choices. randr has hit it out of the park with his first 3 choices. Like Terry I would love to see some SLAM tables now I don’t think that would happen but if I had to choose, Aliens Legacy…Assholes and elbows ladies!!!!! Whatever randr chooses will be awesome I’m sure.

Bladeof
                                      Participant
                                        @bladeof

Aliens Legacy vote here. Thanks for everything you do Randr. :good:

Scooby
                                        Participant
                                          @scooby

I would love to see The Goonies converted to VPX. Several years back, I heard from the author of the FP version and he said he had no plans to convert to VP and that he was okay with others converting his table to VP.

This is one of my favorite movies from my childhood and I remember playing the FP version about 3 years ago. As much as I enjoyed playing the FP version, I always hoped it would be made in VP with VP physics.

It would be so awesome if this table made your short list of FP tables to convert! Thanks randr!

TerryRed
                                            @terryred

I will say that Goonies, Knight Rider, Gremlins are among all the many tables I want to do PuP-Pack for down the line.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?