NFL (Stern 2001) Bears VPX2.1 Mod

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    xenonph
    Participant
      @xenonph
      MemberContributor

NFL (Stern 2001) Bears VPX2.1 Mod

A graphics Mod of Sliderpoint’s VPX NFL (Stern 2001) table.
      (BIG THANKS TO SLIDERPOINT FOR PERMISSION TO MOD HIS AMAZING TABLE, AND FOR HELP WIH SCRIPT, AND FOR HIS UPGRADES FOR VERSION3.0!!)
      (BIG THANKS TO TOXIE AND FUZZEL AND ALL INVOLVED!!) UPGRADED CORE VBS TO ALLOW FOR 32 TEAM CAPACITY NVRAM
      (BIG THANKS TO STAT AND CARNY_PRIEST FOR HELP TEACHING ME COLOR DMD SCRIPT COMMANDS!!)
      (BIG THANKS TO CARNY_PRIEST FOR UPDATED SCORE AND INSTRUCTION CARDS IN SWF FORMAT. SO PICS AREN’T DISTORTED OR STRETCHED WITH FRONTEND USAGE!!)
      (BIG THANKS TO STEVE “Slydog43” FOR GRAPHICS CARD!! WITHOUT IT I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE THESE MODS!!)
      (BIG THANKS TO STAT FOR ADDING SCRIPT CHANGE TO MAKE TEAM COLOR CHANGES WITH MAGNA-SAVE!!)
      (BIG THANKS TO SCOTTYVH FOR REDOING TEXT ON PLAYFIELD LIGHTS AND FITTING CORRECTLY!!)
      (BIG THANKS TO GTXJOE FOR HELP WITH MUSIC AND SOUND COMMANDS!!)

All Pictures, Sounds, Logos and Trademarks are Property of their respective owners. I just found the pics on google, and got the sound files from free ringtones on google.
      I am a NFL FAN!!!
      This should be considered as fan art.

YOU WILL NEED THE NEWEST VERSION OF PINMAME 2.8B FOR THIS TABLE TO RUN PROPERLY. SLIDERPOINT TOOK ADVANTAGE OF SOME NEW THINGS ONLY AVAILABLE IN THE NEW PINMAME 2.8B because it has the GI support for Whitestar I/II based ROMs.

IF PLAYED WITHOUT NEWEST PINMAME, ALOT OF THE NEW LIGHTS WILL NOT FUNCTION.

YOU WILL NEED THE NEWEST VERSION OF VPX 10.2.1 FOR THIS TABLE TO RUN PROPERLY.

To switch from Home,Away and Classic team colors, PRESS R-CTRL (Right Magna-Save)

MUSIC AND NVRAM

Just place the music files into music folder located where Visual Pinball was installed for Sound Mod sounds.
      Place all NFL.nv files in the nvram folder located in same directory as music. This will start your team instead of Giants at beginning of game. Just pull the plunger and your team  is ready to go.

3 NFL Songs play randomly with plunger pull.
      The rest are activated by Drain, and other areas.

The Sound Mod is OFF by Default.

Press the “M” key on keyboard to activate Sound Mod. Or press to turn off Sound Mod.
      If you want the Sound Mod activated from startup of table, change Line 19 in table script from..

Line 19  toggleModSounds = 0 ‘1 extra sound clips are on, 0 are off

to

Line 19  toggleModSounds = 1 ‘1 extra sound clips are on, 0 are off

SAVE TABLE AFTERWARDS FOR CHANGES TO STAY.

TO TURN UP ROM SOUND, HOLD THE 9 KEY AND PRESS THE 8 KEY

THESE MODS HAVE A COLOR-DMD WITH TEAM COLORS.
      IF YOU DON’T ACTIVATE THE COLOR IN YOUR PINMAME, THE DMD COLORS WILL LOOK BLACK AND WHITE WITH NO COLORS.

Hope you enjoy!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Patrick2610
      Participant
        @patrick2610

I’ve got another Error again

Line 1

File already exists

How to fix this???

xenonph
        Participant
          @xenonph
          MemberContributor

You will need to install the newest PinMAME 2.8b

and you will need to install the newest VPX2.1

for this table to work properly.

Be sure to copy new scripts from the VPX2.1 Stand-alone into where you have installed Visual Pinball.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

These are looking better and better everytime! great job!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Ben Logan2
            Participant
              @benlogan2

Looks really great, Xenonph. I like to imagine watching sports around your place on the weekend. No doubt a very lively atmosphere!

Mark70
              Participant
                @mark70

Thanks for the update Xenonph.  It looks good :good:

Mister Transistor
                Participant
                  @mistertransistor

First, thanks for all your hard work on these MOD tables!  I am having the same problem as Patrick2610 above, when first trying to start up the table, VPM inits OK, then I get the Script Error: Line 1 File Already Exists.  VP with nested scripts are less than helpful at finding the real offending line number, so it stops on “Line 1” as a general error.

I have properly installed the latest everything, as described here:

VPinMame 2.9 and anti alaising Issue

Even weirder, other versions of the NFL table work fine, I have Dolphins Blue and Packers installed and they work fine, but only the Bears seems to come up with the error, so that should mean I have my files installed correctly (I ASSume…)

So, this seems to possibly be a bug with specific to this version, possibly?  What file already exists, just out of curiousity?  That may help track down the issue, perhaps.  The only other thing I can think of is I’m using the latest 2.9 SAM build, do these require 2.8B and are not forward compatible somehow?

TIA, any help or advice other than “reinstall everything” would be most appreciated!

xenonph
                  Participant
                    @xenonph
                    MemberContributor

I am not sure how to recreate that error. Although I have seen it before. I think it had to do with the NVOFFSET command. Toxie and Fuzzel added the 32 team nvram capacity to the core.vbs. included with VPX scripts. THIS IS THE NEW CORE.VBS FROM VPX_1_beta_rev2620, AND WAS UPDATED MAY 17th, 2016 TO HOLD THE 32 TEAM CAPACITY . Not sure if they are the same people who make the SAM versions, if not, this is why you will be getting this error.

Try deleting the script line 116 that looks like this…

NVOffset (15)

Or change the number 15 to a number below 10, as that was the capacity before they made the changes.

Does this work for you?

Let me know, and perhaps the SAM people could add the 32 team capacity to there core.vbs, if it isn’t Toxie and Fuzzel making them versions. If they also make the SAM versions, then perhaps it is a different problem.

Hope this helps.

Otherwise the SAM version people will need to add 32 team capacity to there core.vbs.

EDIT: I am a still a beginner, and as CarnyPriest said below, just copy scripts from newest VPX2.1 to your scripts folder. The nvram feature is part of VPX and not VPM or SAM related.

Thanks for the help CarnyPriest

CarnyPriest
                    Participant
                      @carnypriest

The alternate/expanded nvram feature is a VPX thing not VPM or SAMbuild thing.

Just need to upgrade to latest official VPX and copy all vbs files to Script folder

2 users thanked author for this post.
                      Mister Transistor
                      Participant
                        @mistertransistor

Bingo.  Thank you both for your replies, we are very close to a solution, I think. I tried commenting out the NVOffset() thing and that allowed the table to initialize and run!  So, we are in the ball park (or stadium, so to speak).  Now that you mention it, the two other working tables I have happen to be <10 for their NVOffset, so that’s why they work OK with the stock core.vbs or whatever.   Makes sense…

Now, as to the proper core.vbs file, I tried installing the one that came packaged with the old pre-VPX 5.3 version of the Bears table, which is the one from VPX_1_beta_rev2620 as far as I can tell.  The package I got the core.vbs from is specifically: NFL (Stern 2001) Bears DT N-MOD v5.3.zip.

Could I be looking at a registry problem, are there somehow some new entries used for the NVOffset thing maybe?  Then, a complete re-install of VP may fix things since just copying the core.vbs file seems not to have, perhaps?  Just guessing based on the responses and testing I have done so far.  If there is a more preferable source for the core.vbs file and/or the official VPX Carny Priest refers to, can someone provide a link for that, please?  With 3 websites and 4 beta packages being juggled about here, keeping things straight can get a bit confusing.  :)

Thanks again, as I said I think we are very close to a solution here…

xenonph
                        Participant
                          @xenonph
                          MemberContributor

That actually is an old version of the core.vbs that I included with the VP9 tables, and probably won’t work with these VPX tables.

Try downloading the VPX2.1 official stand alone version and the scripts you need should come as part of the download. (There will be a scripts folder included with download that has the scripts you need.)

The VPX2.1 stand alone version can be found here..http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11572

This is the version of VPX that you will need, to run all these new VPX NFL MODs properly.

Mister Transistor
                          Participant
                            @mistertransistor

Hmm.  That was the version I was working with of VPX, I tried re-copying all the scripts to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Visual Pinball\Scripts and the rest of the files to the directory below, and no luck.  Same problem.

At this point I don’t know what’s up, but I am suspecting somehow a total re-install of Visual Pinball X is going to be required in my future.  Unless you can think of anything else to try…

xenonph
                            Participant
                              @xenonph
                              MemberContributor

Make sure you do not have any other scripts in say like the tables folder. If you do ,that could be causing this perhaps.

When you have scripts in scripts folder, and tables folder it can cause a conflict.

Also if you do find a solution, it would be great to let others know who might be having same problem.

I will keep trying to figure out what is causing this issue.

Mister Transistor
                              Participant
                                @mistertransistor

No, unfortunately I decided a while back to move all .VBS scripts to the program files…\scripts dir so there would be exactly no such confusions.

Drat, I was hoping you had some other trick to try.  I guess I will try a total re-install of everything (sigh) and see if that doesn’t do it.  It would be ironic if that was the ultimate solution, but that’s how my luck has been going lately…  :/

xenonph
                                Participant
                                  @xenonph
                                  MemberContributor

If that doesn’t work, you can just uncomment the nvoffset command, until we can find a resolution to your problem.

You just will have to use flippers to choose team table was made for.

Mister Transistor
                                  Participant
                                    @mistertransistor

Well, sad to say a total reinstall did not fix things.  :(  I cleared the program files…\Visual Pinball tree, reinstalled this:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11573

Which is the 10.2.0 VP installer, then copied these files over:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11572

Which is the 10.2.1 Standalone Update.  Then, just for fun I reinstalled the PinMame 2.8B, 2.9 Update and SAM Update as described in post #52063 above.  Re-installed the PinMame COM object and re-set the paths.

All is the same, sadly.  I can run tables with NVOffset < 10 no problem, but any above (Bears=15) crash on startup.

For now, I will use the comment-out workaround, thank you for that.  If you do try to hunt this down, good luck.  About the only other thing I could think of trying would be a registry wipe before the total re-install, but I’m not going to go there, I will live with the issue and workaround for the time being.

Thanks again for your time and help!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?