NFL (Stern 2001) Lions VPX2.1 Mod

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    xenonph
    Participant
      @xenonph
      MemberContributor

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/nfl-stern-2001-lions-vpx2-1-mod/

A graphics Mod of Sliderpoint’s VPX NFL (Stern 2001) table.
      (BIG THANKS TO SLIDERPOINT FOR PERMISSION TO MOD HIS AMAZING TABLE, AND FOR HELP WIH SCRIPT, AND FOR HIS UPGRADES FOR VERSION3.0!! INCLUDING NEW GOAL POST, PLUNGER LANE GUARD, PLUNGER SOUNDS, CHANGED BEHAVIOUR ON VUK, AND MUCH MORE!)
      (BIG THANKS TO TOXIE AND FUZZEL AND ALL INVOLVED!!) UPGRADED CORE VBS TO ALLOW FOR 32 TEAM CAPACITY NVRAM
      (BIG THANKS TO STAT AND CARNY_PRIEST FOR HELP TEACHING ME COLOR DMD SCRIPT COMMANDS!!)
      (BIG THANKS TO CARNY_PRIEST FOR UPDATED SCORE AND INSTRUCTION CARDS IN SWF FORMAT. SO PICS AREN’T DISTORTED OR STRETCHED WITH FRONTEND USAGE!!)
      (BIG THANKS TO STEVE “Slydog43” FOR GRAPHICS CARD!! WITHOUT IT I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE THESE MODS!!)
      (BIG THANKS TO STAT FOR ADDING SCRIPT CHANGE TO MAKE TEAM COLOR CHANGES WITH MAGNA-SAVE!!)
      (BIG THANKS TO SCOTTYVH FOR REDOING TEXT ON PLAYFIELD LIGHTS AND FITTING CORRECTLY!!)
      (BIG THANKS TO GTXJOE FOR HELP WITH MUSIC AND SOUND COMMANDS!!)

All Pictures, Sounds, Logos and Trademarks are Property of their respective owners. I just found the pics on google, and got the sound files from free ringtones on google. I am a NFL FAN!!! This should be considered as fan art.

YOU WILL NEED THE NEWEST VERSION OF PINMAME 2.8B FOR THIS TABLE TO RUN PROPERLY. SLIDERPOINT TOOK ADVANTAGE OF SOME NEW THINGS ONLY AVAILABLE IN THE NEW PINMAME 2.8B because it has the GI support for Whitestar I/II based ROMs.
      IF PLAYED WITHOUT NEWEST PINMAME, ALOT OF THE NEW LIGHTS WILL NOT FUNCTION.
      YOU WILL NEED THE NEWEST VERSION OF VPX 10.2.1 FOR THIS TABLE TO RUN PROPERLY.
      To switch from Home,Away and Classic team colors, PRESS R-CTRL (Right Magna-Save)

******************************************************* MUSIC AND NVRAM *******************************************************
      Just place the music files into music folder located where Visual Pinball was installed for Sound Mod sounds. Place all NFL.nv files in the nvram folder located in same directory as music. This will start your team instead of Giants at beginning of game. Just pull the plunger and your team  is ready to go.
      3 NFL Songs play randomly with plunger pull. The rest are activated by Drain, and other areas.
      The Sound Mod is OFF by Default.
      Press the “M” key on keyboard to activate Sound Mod. Or press to turn off Sound Mod. If you want the Sound Mod activated from startup of table, change Line 19 in table script from..
      Line 19  toggleModSounds = 0 ‘1 extra sound clips are on, 0 are off
      to
      Line 19  toggleModSounds = 1 ‘1 extra sound clips are on, 0 are off
      SAVE TABLE AFTERWARDS FOR CHANGES TO STAY.
      TO TURN UP ROM SOUND, HOLD THE 9 KEY AND PRESS THE 8 KEY
      THESE MODS HAVE A COLOR-DMD WITH TEAM COLORS. IF YOU DON’T ACTIVATE THE COLOR IN YOUR PINMAME, THE DMD COLORS WILL LOOK BLACK AND WHITE WITH NO COLORS.

Hope you enjoy!! And remember to thank the original Author of this table. I just made a couple of changes to there masterpiece. They deserve all the credit!!

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Gromit
      Participant
        @gromit

Thanks for the mod xenonph! I’m getting an error, “Line 1 – File Already Exists”. I had run the Dolphins mod befoe without this error. All files were put in their proper folders. Any idea what file the error is referring to?

1 user thanked author for this post.
        xenonph
        Participant
          @xenonph
          MemberContributor

Do you have VP10.2.1 installed? I think this error is caused by the nvoffset command I used in script to have 32 team nvram.

If installing newest VPX doesn’t help you, try looking in table script.

On line 116 in table script you will see this..

NVOffset (13)

Change the 13 to 10 or less. You will have to pick starting team with flippers.

Some people are getting this error, and I am not sure if it is because they dont have latest VPX installed, or what else could be happening , I have no idea.

I got this error only when I didn’t have VPX version made after jun 2016, which is when toxie and fuzzel added the 32 nvram capacity to the core.vbs included with VPX Scripts, and only on tables with a nvoffset command over 10.

Hope this helps you.

Gromit
          Participant
            @gromit

I’m running the latest 10.3 VPX. I changed NVOffset from 13 to 10, and it started right up. Thanks!

Update: I checked the NVRam directory under VPinMAME and noticed an “nfl v13.txt” file in there. I deleted it and changed NVOffset back to 13 and everything works great. It’s worked multiple times since I did that, so simply deleting that file should fix the problem for others.

2 users thanked author for this post.
            xenonph
            Participant
              @xenonph
              MemberContributor

Glad you got it working.

So after deleting the txt file in the nvram folder, does the table start with the correct team?

When I saved each teams nvram, that txt file was generated to tell which team starts with table and was included with the nvram with table download, or it wouldn’t start the correct team as starting team on table.

xenonph
              Participant
                @xenonph
                MemberContributor

Also thought I should add this info even though I added it to Table zip.

You only need to copy the nvram that comes with table once if it is your first team table.

All other tables downloaded will not need to have the nvram copied over.

1 nvram package covers all tables.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?