No external DMD driver found or DMD driver functions not found

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Still Chasing Charlie
    Participant
      @stillchasingcharlie

I have recently downloaded freezy 1.8 (first install of freezy) and I must have something checked or filed incorrectly. I changed to use the external DMD and thought I have everything correct, but when I load a table I get an error “No external DMD driver found or DMD driver functions not found” I have tried several things including removing and installing 1.71 version and I get the same error message. When I test a ROM it displays freezy (on the table screen of my 3 screen cabinet) and of course, looks great. However, when I try to load the same table I just get the error code. I have read several articles and videos to no avail. I have not been able to solve, nor have I found that anyone else has had this issue. I have posted in past and tried several suggestions from our vpin community but unable to solve. One big issue is that I need to solve this simple task (which I must be complicating) before I can move to colorized DMD’s and pinup player / PUP packs.

Any thoughts?

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

I have recently downloaded freezy 1.8 (first install of freezy) and I must have something checked or filed incorrectly. I changed to use the external DMD and thought I have everything correct, but when I load a table I get an error “No external DMD driver found or DMD driver functions not found” I have tried several things including removing and installing 1.71 version and I get the same error message. When I test a ROM it displays freezy (on the table screen of my 3 screen cabinet) and of course, looks great. However, when I try to load the same table I just get the error code. I have read several articles and videos to no avail. I have not been able to solve, nor have I found that anyone else has had this issue. I have posted in past and tried several suggestions from our vpin community but unable to solve. One big issue is that I need to solve this simple task (which I must be complicating) before I can move to colorized DMD’s and pinup player / PUP packs.     Any thoughts?

In case you have not tried these 2 things see the bottom of this page otherwise maybe post what you have tried so people don’t keep suggesting the same thing
        https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=emulator_vpx

Still Chasing Charlie
        Participant
          @stillchasingcharlie

Sorry about that, I should have included more info from the beginning. I am running 3 screen cabinet, no real DMD (computer monitor for behind my speaker grill section for DMD).I have tried following TerryRed’s video as well as MajorFrenchies video for the install of Freezy. I first tried installing 1.8 and got the error message, I tried 1.72 amd 1.71 with same result. However, when I test the ROM, Freezy DMD appears and seems to be just fine. When I then launch the same table (24 as well as others) I get the error again.I have tried turning off ddraw first, then turned off at91jit. Neither made any change to the error. In Nailbusters install guide he mentions changing the DmdDevice.log.config file and the dmdextlog.config. I cannot open either file as it asks to search for a program to open. I am pretty new to this and certainly willing to put the hours in learning, which I have been. I greatly appreciate everyone’s input and want to learn more so I can help contribute to the community in the future.

20200924_181049_resized20200920_155446_resized20200924_181003_resized20200924_181140_resized

outhere
            @outhere
            MemberContributorvipModerator

@stillchasingcharlie
            They should open with Notepad
            It certainly sounds like you got something going on besides editing those to files
            Maybe you missed something in the install guide  — https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

Still Chasing Charlie
            Participant
              @stillchasingcharlie

Thanks @outhere I was able to open and edit the files using notepad, but no change. I re-installed freezy 1.71 again, but same results. I cannot find that anyone else has ever seen this error. What I can’t understand is how I can see freezy when testing the rom, but not in game play. What is looking for an external DMD driver and what file is the DMD driver? Is it the dll file?

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

Could you open a ‘cmd’ prompt in c:\visual pinball\pinmame folder and then do

dir > file-list.txt

and upload that file-list.txt ? I agree, your problem seems to be a bit out of the regular issues we get.

Still Chasing Charlie
                Participant
                  @stillchasingcharlie

Here is the .txt of my vpinmame folder.

Again thanks for all the help guys!!!

Attachments:
                  Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

You seem to have both 32 and 64 bit versions of pinmame / dmddevice. When you test your rom and it is working, what version of setup.exe are you running ? Have you tried to rename … dmddevice64.dll, bass64.dll, pinmame64.exe and VPinmame64.dll to … lets say. <originalname>.dll_ ( disables the dll ) and run setup32.exe and press install ? If it wasn’t for all the issues still with 64 bit, like, at91jit not working properly, I would recommend running that version. But, that is not the case yet. It is a shot in the dark, I must admit.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    Still Chasing Charlie
                    Participant
                      @stillchasingcharlie

I am only using the 32 bit. I am assuming that the 64 bit was installed during the 10.6 all in one install. Should I rename the 64 bit files or just delete them?

Still Chasing Charlie
                      Participant
                        @stillchasingcharlie

Thanks for everyone’s input, but just can’t solve it. I may need to back-up my tables, etc. and start all  over again.

LlamaStick
                        Participant
                          @llamastick

Hi SCC,

I have exactly the same issue. I’m updating a Win 7 SP1 VPX 10.0 system for someone, and trying to do a parallel install.

Setup.exe works fine, and I can get colour DMDs working in the right place etc.

Attempt to run a table, and I get teh same error.

Did you get a solution?

Thanks

Steve.

Still Chasing Charlie
                          Participant
                            @stillchasingcharlie

Steve,

I tried and tried, removed, downloaded again, and again, and again, but I have never got it to work. Nobody seems to know how to fix. If you find anything please let me know. I’ve not been able to move forward with PUPPacks etc. since I can’t fix the dmd.

Thanks,

SCC

TXT11
                            Participant
                              @txt11

Windows 7 required the Visual Studio 2017 patch and .NET 4.52 patch as well as the following noted in the VPINMAME install notes:-  In case you experience problems on Windows 7 (“No DMD device driver found”), try installing: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkid=217865

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              MPTech
                              Participant
                                @mptech

SCC, I just started receiving this error today too.  Right now my head is spinning from all of the DMD apps confusion.  (Seriously, Freezy, UltraDMD, DMDext, FlexDMD??)  My DMDs were working pretty well for most of my tables, but I was having an issue with my UltraDMDs not filling the entire LCD screen set to 1280×390.  I saw a recent video to replace UltraDMD with FlexDMD and all hell broke loose.

I ran dmdext-1.8.0-x86-Release.msi & dmdext-1.8.0-x64-Release.msi  (the dmdext site recommended both(?).

Any update on this? I’m going to hit it again tomorrow.

Still Chasing Charlie
                                Participant
                                  @stillchasingcharlie

TXT11,

When I click on the link, which one am I supposed to link to? It takes me to a page with tons of links. I didn’t see the patches there? Am I just missing it?

Thanks for your help

0xACE
                                  Participant
                                    @0xace

I came to this thread because I had the same problem. Turns out I had installed *only* the 64-bit version. It looked like I did everything correctly, but alas, looks are deceiving. Double check that you have in fact downloaded the ‘-x86’ version of freezy and properly copied/installed that into your VPinMAME directory.

I also had to manually add my VPinMAME directory to the PATH. Not entirely sure if that had any effect.

VPGamer75
                                    Participant
                                      @vpgamer75

Hello I got same problem, i am frustrated with game I turn off grill thing and tried put on third screen which is LCD DMD which or I think real DMD according to vp pdf….. reading  it several time. I think when I installing 1.Ultra DMD then second Flex DMD conflict? Explain simple, nothing is out vipmame folder they are inside..

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?