No Good Gofers (Williams 1997)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

finally got to try the release. looks good! Very happy to add this to the cab! thanks to dark, ICPjuggla and hauntfreaks too :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

bent98
      Participant
        @bent98

:yahoo:

HauntFreaks
          @hauntfreaks
          vipContributorMember

see it does exist….lol

its awesome…. direct to cab table

Jesperpark
          Participant
            @jesperpark

I got the email saying new table, looked at it, rubbed my eyes then looked again.  Said Holly crap and dropped everything to download it

Thanks  a bunch

Dodger
            Participant
              @dodger1980

Oh man, the legend is true  :yahoo:

Gave this and RaT Road Show a couple plays. The table looks awesome and brings my cab to the limits, but it still plays good :) Thank you so much for this.

Scooby
              Participant
                @scooby

This table looks and plays great.  I did notice the right slingshot does not seem to activate and the left slingshot only activates sometimes.

Is this something I can adjust?  If so, I’d greatly appreciate knowing how to do so.

Thanks again for all your work and for sharing this fun table!

bodydump
                Participant
                  @bodydump

This table looks and plays great. I did notice the right slingshot does not seem to activate and the left slingshot only activates sometimes. Is this something I can adjust? If so, I’d greatly appreciate knowing how to do so. Thanks again for all your work and for sharing this fun table!

I’ve fixed this and will update after I fix some other things.  If you don’t want to wait the walls leftslingshot and rightslingshot just need a slight adjustment so that the collidable rubber doesn’t interfere.

Scooby
                  Participant
                    @scooby

I can definitely wait for your update.  Thanks for all your hard work!

Dodger
                    Participant
                      @dodger1980

I can´t stop playing this table and my cabinet is also my piggy bank… So I wasted some € by now B-)

I had some errors regarding the upper playfield. Sometimes the ball rolls off the right side and disappears or gets stuck by the red and right flasher up there. It also happens two times by now, that the ball drops in the hole-in-one hole but the shot did´t register. Ball vanishes and I have to restart the table.

No complaining here. Just my experience and I can imaging how complicated this is.

Thank you again for this table. I´m loving it  :good:   :good:

nate
                      Participant
                        @nodzebra

holy crap this just happened.  TY :yahoo:   :yahoo:

Clark Kent
                        Participant
                          @clarkkent
                          MemberContributor

Bodydump, as you said that there are a lot of problems on that table, I decided to revise the table. Mostly physics as the ball was floating and behaving weird here and there. I noticed that the left and right inlanes were different, so I corrected them both (never understood why authors are not using the same angle on both on most tables). I also corrected flipper settings (flippers have to be slightly lower than the upper edge of the inlanes). Some rubbers were not marked as collideable, almost all rubbers had walls instead of using the rubbers itself. Corrected all. And there were a lot of objects with false or no friction setting. Also corrected all. There were no stoppers at the ramp exits. Added. Replaced the ball rolling sounds to actually hear them. Now I think this table plays almost perfect… :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4ik3z2v2mbtphr/No%20Good%20Gofers%20%28Williams%201997%29%201.0.1.rar?dl=0

As I did a lot of physics corrections for some authors in the past months I hope I could help you with this!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          Clark Kent
                          Participant
                            @clarkkent
                            MemberContributor

Another small addition: Added the nicer Williams primitives flippers.

By the way – forgot to mention that I also fixed slingshots. And adjusted release speed of the plunger in the left outlane. And adjusted the upper playfield just a very little bit – maybe it helps for the ball stucks.

Same link as above.

rothbauerw
                              @rothbauerw
                              ModeratorContributorMembervip

Great job bodydump on an extremely complex table!  Thanks to all that helped bring this one together!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Clark Kent
                              Participant
                                @clarkkent
                                MemberContributor

I tried to change yellow GI on layer 5 to white. I think it looks even better with white as the playfield color is not discolored by the light anymore…

rothbauerw
                                  @rothbauerw

I’ve been playing with the turntable to see if I could get it to run a little smoother.  I seem to have it behaving better.  I’d be interested in feedback if anyone is willing to give it a try.  Here are the changes that are needed.

Update the Time Interval on the TTtimer object next to the playfield to “1”.

Update the code in the “Turntable Subs” section of the script with the following code:

nng-disc-script

Attachments:
                                  Drybonz
                                  Participant
                                    @drybonz

Hi Rothbauerw… some of that code, when I copy and paste ends up as invalid characters in the script.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                    Clark Kent
                                    Participant
                                      @clarkkent
                                      MemberContributor

Forgot the set the friction of the ramps in front of the hole in one. Corrected it. And increased the strength of the flippers from 2000 to 2400. As I had some kicker troubles I set all kickers from hit accuracy 0 to the default 0,7 (left all other kickers with other values than 0 as they were). Changed wall15 again as I still got ball stucks on the right side of the upper playfield – hope this is fixed now. The left gofer toy was set collideable. Corrected it. Use the same link as above.

rothbauerw
                                        @rothbauerw

Hi Rothbauerw… some of that code, when I copy and paste ends up as invalid characters in the script.

Sorry about that.  Didn’t think about the html messing with the characters.  Updated the post above including the code in an attached document.  Tested the copy paste and it should work now.

Clark Kent
                                        Participant
                                          @clarkkent
                                          MemberContributor

Updated two sounds. When the ball is falling into the putting green trough (as the trough is metal is sounds like metal now) and the hole in one (also metal).

Included rothbauerw’s script – animation is really better. But is it displaying always the right value while playing? Didn’t check thoroughly yet…

Same link as above.

rothbauerw
                                            @rothbauerw

Hey Clark, I’ve been playing with your file.  Overall, it’s working very nicely.  One thing I’m noticing is that I can’t hit either ramp from the lower right flipper.  Don’t know if maybe it’s suppose to be that way?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 129 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?