No Sound in Future Pinball

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    legin
    Participant
      @legin

Hi All

I just installed future pinball / BAM using Terry’s brand new installer.  Awesome work there too Terry.

I have an issue with no sound in Future pinball.  None at all.

I also run VPX, MAME, Daphne and Pinball FX3.  No problems with sound on all of those applications.  These all run from Pinup as my front end which also has sound.

I do run PinVol.  I looked at it but couldn’t see an issue.  I did try closing it with no success.

I haven’t used future pinball for at least 7 or 8 years so treat me like a newbie with that.  I’m pretty good with the rest

Any Ideas?

legin
      Participant
        @legin

Forgot to mention.  I have a built in 7.1 Realtek sound on the MB

I run SSF.  I have a sub and 2 speakers for my primary DMD sounds.  Sub has a built in amp.

2 other amps.  Each amp running 2 exciters front and back

TerryRed
          @terryred
          MemberContributorModerator

Hi All

I just installed future pinball / BAM using Terry’s brand new installer. Awesome work there too Terry.

I have an issue with no sound in Future pinball. None at all.

I also run VPX, MAME, Daphne and Pinball FX3. No problems with sound on all of those applications. These all run from Pinup as my front end which also has sound.

I do run PinVol. I looked at it but couldn’t see an issue. I did try closing it with no success.

I haven’t used future pinball for at least 7 or 8 years so treat me like a newbie with that. I’m pretty good with the rest

Any Ideas?

FP will only use the default Sound Device in Windows like most other programs.

…but if you change that default sound device at all at some point when after it gets launched… that could mess it up.

Be sure nothing is messing with Home / End or PageUp / PageDown during gameplay as that controls FP’s volume.

Try running it with no front end and nothing else running to be sure.

legin
          Participant
            @legin

Hi Terry

The Home/End , Pageup/PageDown buttons show the volume amount so that seems to be working.

I havent run FP through pinup yet, I literally only finished installing it an hour ago.  I wont add it to pinup until I get it working properly stand alone.

I haven’t changed my default sound device.  Its set to my onboard sound card.  I have an option to change it to my Panasonic TV which I have never used.

TerryRed
              @terryred
              MemberContributorModerator

Hi Terry

The Home/End , Pageup/PageDown buttons show the volume amount so that seems to be working.

I havent run FP through pinup yet, I literally only finished installing it an hour ago. I wont add it to pinup until I get it working properly stand alone.

I haven’t changed my default sound device. Its set to my onboard sound card. I have an option to change it to my Panasonic TV which I have never used.

Install the latest updated drivers for you MotherBoard and the Audio drivers. Don’t assume the Windows drivers will be good enough. Everyone who had sound problems with FP so far solved it with this.

legin
              Participant
                @legin

I just updated my MB drivers – chipset, Audio and LAN. No difference! – Bummer that, I was hopeful that would fix it. Maybe I need to re-install FP?

legin
                Participant
                  @legin

I  just checked my sound card and Video card drivers again (not windows update) and they are up to date. Still no sound in FP. I uninstalled FP and deleted the FP folder. Then I reinstalled using Terrys new guide again. Still NO sound. Boooooooooo. I am at a loss here. VPX, MAME etc still working fine.

legin
                  Participant
                    @legin

I figured it out. The volume for FP in the mixer was muted. I had to run FP in windowed mode so I could access the volume mixer.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?