Currently, there are 0 users and 0 guests visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Peter222
    Participant
    @swietlikowa

Hi

After playing with the VP, it was time for the FP. I am surprised how many cool tables is on this emulator. I have one problem, I can not find the answer on the forum. How do I assign buttons to nudge? In the settings you can assign nudge only to the keyboard. There is no such option in controller/joystick settings.

TerryRed
    @terryred
    MemberContributorModerator

Not for controllers, no.

For a gamepad / joystick, you can only use d-pad left and d-pad right for digital nudge.

I’ll point out that digital nudge is the only thing that registers a TILT…analague does not. (same for VPX if using a 2nd controller ironically).

I’ll be releasing my new Jaws Ultimate Pro PuP-Pack soon… that table is completely different than previous versions… so much new content and many more modes, and an actual main objective to get to (killing Jaws). I uses new BAM features and new Dynamic Flippers which play much better than normal FP.

…and yes, there are MANY amazing tables for FP. The biggest complain by many is the old physics. Luckily these tables can now be updated for better physics, lighting, shadow maps…and loads of other things thanks to newer BAM features.

Peter222
    Participant
    @swietlikowa

Yeah, BAM does the job. I watched hundreds of tables on VPX and thought nothing would surprise me anymore… the more the “old” FP. I started Buccaneer by monnezzas (I’m a fan of EM games.), next team Slamt1lt’s + You (especially the ultimate collection) and my jaw dropped :)  I’m waiting for your new Jaws!

About the nudge settings: in VPX you can assign a button to any item as well as a keyboard. I don’t understand why it can’t be done similarly in FP. I have cabinet and free controller buttons to assign for nudge.  I see only analog X/Y axis for controller but there is only -none- , I can use X360CE but how to assign d-pad  to free cabinet controller buttons?  It is not listed here (do not look at the controller on the screen (AIRFLO controller). I don’t have access to my cabinet now so I downloaded the picture from the Internet):

Edit: OK, I understand with key / buttons. I should use X360CE instead of Arcade controller.

Edit 2: No… still don’t know how to assign controller buttons to nudge  :(

58fa08bd27cd4_FuturePinballKeySettings.jpg.807c1eee63cac838eb789d3b436c5b22

Besides, I still have a problem with the ball stutter. I have read your post:

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/how-future-pinball-should-be-setup-for-bam-doflinx-and-pinball-x/

and this one: http://gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6201=55&t=6201

…and a ton of other advice in the forums, but still sometimes the ball “teleports” from place to place.

My hardware is Win10 + HDD SSD +  NVidia 1060 6GB + Intel i5 + 8GB RAM so it shouldn’t be happening, should it?

I also added an exception to Windows Defender… I’ve run out of ideas and this problem kills the pleasure of playing these great tables. Maybe you have some experience in this subject. What else can I do?

GeorgeH
    Participant
    @georgeh

Try the ideas I posted on step 6 and all of step 12 of my guide here:

http://gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=6054

Stuttering can be caused by many different things so I can’t identify just one possible cause.  It is usually caused by a lack of memory but it can be other things.

I think the exception you added to  Windows Defender only affects scans.  The culprit on Windows Defender are not scans but real time protection.  The problem usually only occurs on tables that have “execute” commands in the script and the stuttering is rather sporadic and only occurs during certain game events.  It the stuttering occurs on all or most table, the problem is probably not your antivirus.

TerryRed
    @terryred

You CAN’T assign digital nudge on controllers….at all.It is pre-assigned to d-pad left and d-pad right only. That’s why I built my cab, with my hacked up xbox 360 controller setup with d-pad left and right connected to my nudge buttons.

Only keyboard controls give you an option to assign digital nudge.

For stutters…. make sure Ambient Occlusion is disabled in BAM setings….vsync is ON in FP settings….

….also be sure that FP is actually completely in focus. I was getting stutters while testing my new Jaws Ultimate Pro pup-pack on the cabinet, but when i left mouse clicked i noticed the game flashed as if in was coming into focus. After that it all ran fine.

“Some” tables may not run well. 3 Angels Zed was an example that gave stutters fro a of people. It wasn’t until I updated my system to a new fast CPU (i was running and old i5 2500k) that everything ran better in 4K. MUCH better after I replaced my GTX 970 with a gtx 1080…. but FP wasn’t too demanding as long as AA and AO were disabled and vsync and focus were working correctly.

Peter222
    Participant
    @swietlikowa

I think the problem’s solved… So far I’ve restored all Nvidia settings to their default settings, I’ve also uninstalled Nvidia Experience… So far, everything works smoothly.

I also managed to assign nudge keys to my controller (left/right and up)… I used keyboard mapping using this little clever soft: https://joytokey.net/en (you can assign the appropriate profile to run automatically during FP activity). Note that in order to work in FP, it must be run as an administrator.

Thank you for all your help!

Last question: what are your default settings for BAM cabinet version? I mean mainly the X/Y/Z camera settings, how to achieve the best depth? (3D effect).

Now i use this one (according to djlunchbox’s hints http://gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=8769) It looks OK (sometimes need little x, y scalling correction), but is it optimal? Or maybe should I measure everything myself?

Camera Position:

x-0.00
    y-2500
    z-1000

Table translation:

x-0
    y-varies but for me around 13-15
    z-0

Thalamus
    @thalamus
    ContributorMemberModerator

Not often I shake my head – but, now I do. Nudge keys for VPX ??? Omg – that is so bad. Get yourself a decent klz and stop that bullshit.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Peter222
    Participant
    @swietlikowa

Take it easy Thalamus, all in good time ;) (for FP, not VPX)

Thalamus
    @thalamus

Phew. You almost blew my socks off. FP is crap already so go ahead :)

Peter222
    Participant
    @swietlikowa

Slow down the emotion. I started with VPX and I know all the tables that were created for this emulator. Despite that I am pleasantly surprised when I run FP. I’m a fan of EM games and I’m sorry… but Buccaneer on FP knocked me off my feet like no other game on VPX before. There are many more tables that surprise me with their quality, (sorry, but the most important thing here is my feelings and not yours ;)) And so, out of curiosity I’ll ask… What’s wrong with nudge buttons? They work properly with my cabinet controller now, what more will give me klz?

Thalamus
    @thalamus

Solutions using KL25Z microcontroller board is amazing at nudge. And what you describe, well – have fun with it. It is VP9 nudge. Unfortunately re-introduced into VPX. It is nothing else than UN-realistic. The main reason for me loving this hobby is to see how close the best tables are to the real deal. Accurate measurements and fine tuned physics done right is actually very close to the real deal. But, it requires fine tuning on the cabinet too. I don’t care how good peoples cabinets look if they don’t play well. And adding this crap – omg.

Peter222
    Participant
    @swietlikowa

I have simple controller like this for my cabinet buttons  https://www.arcadeworlduk.com/products/xin-mo-1-player-arcade-controller-interface-pc-and-ps3.html

This controller supports a sufficient number of buttons for me. I don’t know what else to expect from digital nudging than that you turn them on/off? After all, KL25Z won’t do any magic and won’t make the nudging animation/physics different? Or something else I don’t know, please enlighten me :)

Thalamus
    @thalamus

Ok. I’m happy that you at least are open to suggestions. I would really consider getting myself one of the very cheap but awesome KL25Z microcontroller boards. I haven’t bought one myself (included in my “package”), but, was told they are about $25 or so. All they do is to give you x-y information of your cabs movement. Many of the commercial “finished” products use these, and then you have the Pinscape which is open source but also possible to buy.

TerryRed
    @terryred

KL25Z works fine with FP for both digital nudge and analogue nudge, as it does for VPX.

Some people like myself have digital nudge still because I have messed up shoulders from years of continued military service. So as much as I “can” use my KL25Z and TILT bob with my cabinet for analogue nudge… “I” don’t because my cabinet is WAY heavier than the real pins I’ve played (which I can nudge), and it’s too painful for me to shake it….so digital nudge buttons allow me to enjoy these games.

Peter222….enjoy what you enjoy. Simple as that.

Thalamus
    @thalamus

Ok. I get you point Terry. But, it is still not pinball if you can’t share the cab. Honestly, it isn’t !

TerryRed
    @terryred

Ok. I get you point Terry. But, it is still not pinball if you can’t share the cab. Honestly, it isn’t !

Maybe I need to add rollers / casters on my front legs…I’ve seen some cabs with that! :)

Peter222
    Participant
    @swietlikowa

Thalamus, if you mean to implement real pinball shaking mechanism from the beginning, I’m saying definitely not! It’s not for me. The current design is not ready for jerking off with this equipment. Therefore, digital nudging is quite sufficient for me. I have nudge buttons located right under flipper buttons, it’s a habit that I keep my little finger on them all the time in combat readiness :). Using them is already an unconditional reaction. It doesn’t bother me at all and still gives me a lot of fun. Otherwise, kids who wouldn’t have the strength to move this equipment are having fun. As you can see, everyone has their own preferences, you have to accept it ;)

…and by the way… I also have one button near the coin slot. This one is for nudge up and is handled by pressing it with my hip (there is a bit of realism here :)). The nudge up on some tables allows you to save the ball even when it leaves the table (just pick up the flipper and at the right moment push – the ball returns to the game.

Peter222
    Participant
    @swietlikowa

Maybe I need to add rollers / casters on my front legs…I’ve seen some cabs with that! :)

…or put your legs on something like that :)

500_500_productGfx_4d153a0e17c7772cc2df90412919b12e

Thalamus
    @thalamus

KL25Z is very sensitive and by adjusting vp – even a toddler should be able to get ball action. It is all about adjusting.

Peter222
    Participant
    @swietlikowa

Believe me… digital nudge is enough for me :) Maybe because I accept the fact that it’s a virtual pinball, not a real one :)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020 VPinBall.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account