Oculus VR Setup & Tweak Guide

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Sixtoe
    Participant
      @kiella

I tried to find somewhere to upload this as a tutorial or blog, but couldn’t figure out how, so I’m putting a link here;

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSjel9VopmDcLaDbVx5xAEYP3R_i7gY-StYYcWIh0Nxu5JOH3wfZ9AHQK5lqHggh3mMb4MHdvGQUq7a/pub#h.dv02rmg530fa

This is how to set up VPX and VPVR specifically for Oculus users (of which I am one), but also has lots of performance enhancing suggestions for other headsets, and even some for normal VPX, always welcome feedback but I thought it would be useful.

7 users thanked author for this post.
      arconovum
      Participant
        @nicholaschristopher
        MemberContributor

Thanks sixtoe I was looking for this exact thing.. and to you and all other VR content authors , great work you have all done.

Edit: I look forward to when it is included into the default build/sources of VP.

avidediter
        Participant
          @avidediter

I have an Oculus Quest and will be trying this out soon.I use Virtual Desktop and the Link cable so I will report my experiences with both.

Gramps
          Participant
            @gramps

I tried to find somewhere to upload this as a tutorial or blog, but couldn’t figure out how, so I’m putting a link here;

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSjel9VopmDcLaDbVx5xAEYP3R_i7gY-StYYcWIh0Nxu5JOH3wfZ9AHQK5lqHggh3mMb4MHdvGQUq7a/pub#h.dv02rmg530fa

This is how to set up VPX and VPVR specifically for Oculus users (of which I am one), but also has lots of performance enhancing suggestions for other headsets, and even some for normal VPX, always welcome feedback but I thought it would be useful.

I did a VERY fast look thru Sixtoe.  I didn’t see it and was wondering, all this can be done on a desktop setup?  Thanks

Sixtoe
            Participant
              @kiella

Using VR? That’s what I’m doing :)

bietekwiet
              Participant
                @bietekwiet

Thank you for this tutorial . I am setting it up with an Oculus Go (using virtual desktop Steam VR.

So far I was able to load a table (TOTAN VR) but all is black and I can’t seem to get the table view right (X , y positions).

Is there a way to do this on the fly, just like we do in traditional VPX by using the F6 button?

Thank you in advance

Sixtoe
                Participant
                  @kiella

You have to set up your position in VR options, but that shouldn’t change much, you can reset your view with 0 and raise and lower the table with 8 and 2 inside the game.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  scampa123
                  Participant
                    @scampa123

Has anyone gotten this to work with Quest?  I seem to be able to get a table to load but I can’t figure out how to get the controllers to work in the setup.

any ideas?

thank you!

pinwater61
                    Participant
                      @pinwater61

@scampa123

quest with link cable + keyboard.

No controller or gamepad support

nanuk
                      Participant
                        @nanuk

hi thx for this im using a quest every time i try to load a vr table i get this

Attachments:
                        Sixtoe
                        Participant
                          @kiella

Do you have the oculus software installed on your system? I don’t know a massive amount about the quest as I’ve got a Rift S…

nanuk
                          Participant
                            @nanuk

installed on your system? I don’t know a massive amount about the quest as I’ve got a Rift S…

yes i do…

RickyPicardo
                            Participant
                              @rickypicardo

I have been trying to remap to use the quest with virtual desktop in gamepad mode but thats not working and neither are any of the keyboard buttons even when i just use the oculus with actual keyboard bindings. Would love some help just to control the thing with the keyboard at least.

TrackMaD
                              Participant
                                @me2010

I have been trying to remap to use the quest with virtual desktop in gamepad mode but thats not working and neither are any of the keyboard buttons even when i just use the oculus with actual keyboard bindings. Would love some help just to control the thing with the keyboard at least.

Can’t with VD it wont let you, bite the bullet a just build yourself a little pinsim :yahoo:

boomshakalaka

Attachments:
                                clownnut
                                Participant
                                  @clownnut

thx for the guide, i follow it works awesome.
                                  but i have issue with high score not been save in all the table, but the latest score been store instead. any idea how can i fix that?
                                  i built this 100% wireless pinsim, it stands 34″ tall.  so when i steam to my quest 2 i can move it anywhere in the house.
                                  run off 2x 20k power banks.
                                  40w BT speakers for sound and small vibrations. (not in the pic, it’s mounted to the bottom of the box.)
                                  8bitdo M30 BT controller – i got most functions, i cant do pause if anyone knows how to do pause please let me know.
                                  2 continuous rated solenoids for flippers, still working on getting the sound right. I never play real pinball before so I have to base off what my friend’s ears.

Arcade ^ Vpin

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by clownnut.
                                  bietekwiet
                                  Participant
                                    @bietekwiet

but i have issue with high score not been save in all the table, but the latest score been store instead. any idea how can i fix that?

i built this 100% wireless pinsim, it stands 34″ tall. so when i steam to my quest 2 i can move it anywhere in the house.

40w BT speakers for sound and small vibrations. (not in the pic, it’s mounted to the bottom of the box.)

8bitdo M30 BT controller – i got most functions, i cant do pause if anyone knows how to do pause please let me know.

2 continuous rated solenoids for flippers, still working on getting the sound right. I never play real pinball before so I have to base off what my friend has.

I love how you were able to make it wireless, that is what I would like to achieve as well.
                                    I have no soldering/electronics skills, is it hard to repurpose th e8bitDo BT controller to drive your buttons?

clownnut
                                    Participant
                                      @clownnut

i built this 100% wireless pinsim, it stands 34″ tall. so when i steam to my quest 2 i can move it anywhere in the house.

2 continuous rated solenoids for flippers, still working on getting the sound right. I never play real pinball before so I have to base off what my friend has.

I love how you were able to make it wireless, that is what I would like to achieve as well.

I have no soldering/electronics skills, is it hard to repurpose th e8bitDo BT controller to drive your buttons?

8 bitdo got a lot of controllers.(i own a lot of them) M30 is the best out of all of them, each button pads got 2 small circle tracepads to solder to and without destroying the rest of the tracepad. so if you change your mind in the future, you can reverse it back if you wanted.
                                      the playstation controller mod kit also works well, it will take some time to get to you since they ship from china. the good ting about playstation controller mod kit vs m30, the playstation controller mod kit got the biggest tracepads out there. i took apart a lot of BT gamepads, before i decide on the M30 and playstation controller mod kit. (i got a few wireless fighting joysticks were using playstation controller mod kits) so if you haven’t soldering before the playstation controller mod kit will be my suggestion. (bigger tracepads make soldering easier, just make sure you got a nice soldering iron. youtube videos will help and of course if you have any broken electronic, do some practice run.

Arcade ^ Vpin

nikketrikke
                                      Participant
                                        @nikketrikke

hello i have problems give me error oculus… when start the pinball…

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by nikketrikke.
                                        nikketrikke
                                        Participant
                                          @nikketrikke

sorry

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by nikketrikke.
                                          nikketrikke
                                          Participant
                                            @nikketrikke

8 bitdo got a lot of controllers.(i own a lot of them) M30 is the best out of all of them, each button pads got 2 small circle tracepads to solder to and without destroying the rest of the tracepad. so if you change your mind in the future, you can reverse it back if you wanted.

the playstation controller mod kit also works well, it will take some time to get to you since they ship from china. the good ting about playstation controller mod kit vs m30, the playstation controller mod kit got the biggest tracepads out there. i took apart a lot of BT gamepads, before i decide on the M30 and playstation controller mod kit. (i got a few wireless fighting joysticks were using playstation controller mod kits) so if you haven’t soldering before the playstation controller mod kit will be my suggestion. (bigger tracepads make soldering easier, just make sure you got a nice soldering iron. youtube videos will help and of course if you have any broken electronic, do some practice run.

hi but where is the guide to build the controller ?? it is fantastic i need to build it… thanks

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?