Opinion Time: Your favorite Loserman76 game

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    bord
      @bord
      MembervipContributorModerator

@Loserman76 is the resident archivist and scholar for Gottlieb EMs spanning a bunch of eras and countries. A quick look at his CV and it is easy to be overwhelmed with riches. I often find myself grabbing his new releases for download but because of the sheer volume I don’t always get to try out each variation with the kind of detail and attention they deserve. So what treasures am I overlooking? What have you found to be a great game in the Loserman76 oeuvre?

What is your favorite Loserman76 VPX release and why?

Here is the list:

https://vpinball.com/all-vpb-users/loserman76/downloads/

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Kings and queens was my fav in vp9(uncle Willy build) so having it in vpx is nice. Reason it’s my fav is I used to always ply this table with a buddy years ago winner got a dollar:) great memories and I like the kickers!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

JR
        Participant
          @jfr1

Spin a Card!!  Actually I’m just embarking on checking all these games out so it’s going to be interesting reading other’s responses.  I’ve been spending a lot of time with Neptune lately. This archive is absolutely amazing!

bord
            @bord

Kings and queens was my fav in vp9(uncle Willy build) so having it in vpx is nice. Reason it’s my fav is I used to always ply this table with a buddy years ago winner got a dollar:) great memories and I like the kickers!

You have good taste, @randr. That would probably be my pick, too. Unique scoring and I love the cross-playfield kickers. Got to play a real one this spring and couldn’t walk away.

I’d also nominate Card Trix as a favorite. Completing the different sets of cards to light awards and then trying to hit that maddening kicker in the middle is too much fun.

Gwen
            Participant
              @gwen

My favorite is Balls a Poppin’.   I like the 50’s vibe and it plays a lot like a much more modern machine.  Those old wood machines look pretty too =)

Gwen
              - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

rothbauerw
                @rothbauerw
                ModeratorContributorMembervip

Target alpha here. I like the layout.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

I should mention when my buddy and I would play for a buck a win it was a real King’s and queens at the shop

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                  for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                  Participant
                    @borgdog
                    MemberContributorvip

I’ve learned over the last couple pinball shows that I prefer the big flippers instead of the little ones, and I like drop targets…  a lot. Lots of good stuff here, if only Dimension had big flippers..

I think I’m going to have to go with Capt Card, for the drop targets, symmetrical design, long and short shots and lots of drop targets.  For non symmetric design I go Solar City over it’s twins based on artwork and I like the 2 player machines…

Badazzwi
                    Participant
                      @badazzwi

I second Balls-A-Poppin. Love the wild balls on that one. All his tables are great though.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

JR
                      Participant
                        @jfr1

Balls!  How’d I forget this table??  It’s part of my Jigsaw-Humpty Dumpty-Balls Poppin’ history tour of pinball I give people when they see the cab for the first time.  The work @loserman76 is doing is Smithsonian.  Looking forward to the countless hours of fascination ahead.

Onevox
                        Participant
                          @rooster

Spirit of 76. I played it a lot on Microsoft Pinball Arcade, when I was first discovering home computer games and rekindled  my love of pinball and the excitement of dropping a quarter. So grateful to have it.

Onevox

bord
                            @bord

How about you, @loserman76. Any favorites among the projects that you’ve worked on? Any dream projects that you haven’t done yet?

Loserman76
                            Participant
                              @loserman76
                              vipMemberContributor

my personal favorites (because I remember playing them all the time when I was much younger) – Jumping Jack, Atlantis, and El Dorado. These were the “regulars” at my local bowling alley arcade. Far Out was another one I liked when it made a short appearance there (more for the really cool backglass art because I really SUCKED playing the one in the arcade).

-LM

rothbauerw
                                @rothbauerw
                                ModeratorContributorMembervip

Ugh! How could I forget El Dorado! Also love that one!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

JR
                                Participant
                                  @jfr1

I’m just old enough to have caught the tail end of EM’s being in the bowling alley’s and early mall game rooms.  Spirit of ’76 is a table that stayed in my mind.  Seeing that artwork on this table when I first loaded it, really brought back the crazy wave of red white and blue and flag-based influence the bicentennial had on culture back then.  I’m still trying to get my underpowered system to run Creature from the Lagoon, but I’m finding myself, like randr mentioned, being fascinated more and more with these amazing pieces of history.  Loving Atlantis!!

bord
                                    @bord

Ugh! How could I forget El Dorado! Also love that one!

LOL. Honestly, I really like the art on Canada Dry.

JR
                                    Participant
                                      @jfr1

THIS is why this thread of Bord’s is brilliant.  I completely forgot I have Canada Dry.  I concur with @BorgDog … love drop targets.

roccodimarco
                                      Participant
                                        @roccodimarco

4 square.  Me and my buddy got hooked on that one night for a solid hour.

Drybonz
                                        Participant
                                          @drybonz

I would have to say Target Alpha because I have played the actual machine a good bit, but it’s really hard to pick.  Loserman’s tables are many and they are consistent… the style and quality of the tables is always good.

JR
                                          Participant
                                            @jfr1

Target Alpha and 4-Square are now in the queue.  Both Krynski’s.  Just how many versions of Canada Dry were there?

Settled down and spent some time with Hokus Pokus tonight.  This is really nice.  And has convinced me to re-position the angle of my playfield.   So tonight my favorite Loserman76 game is HK.  When I tear into my cab to reposition things…it will be by least ;)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?