This topic contains 30 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  goodGRIEFF76 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
     -RpT 
    Participant

@lynnindenver the cab looks great!

as a wise man once told me, as soon as it’s playable your progress on the completing hardware will sloooooowww   ;)

Thanks for sharing  the build :good:

LynnInDenver 
    Participant

Well, yes, that was definitely expected.

Tables are all configured (just in time for four more I get to add tonight). I swapped the wired mouse and keyboard for a wireless set that was being used on Legacy of the Stick, so I don’t have to leave the coin door open while working on software. Both cabinets survived the first encounter with guests. The only real issue I’m having is with the Mouse Plunger software by @nailbuster. It seems to like to go to sleep (and stop letting me plunge), and I have to get out of the front end to close and restart it to get manual plungers to work again.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
    Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
    Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

NailBuster 
    ModeratorMember

@lynnindenver

If I understand what you’re saying.  I’d guess that the issue is your wireless mouse going to sleep, not the plunger interface…  Don’t think anyone has tried it with a wireless mouse(if that’s what you did?).  Not heard of any issues with the mouse plunger software… and surprisingly… a LOT of people are using it, didn’t expect the #’s actually :)

LynnInDenver 
    Participant

@lynnindenver

If I understand what you’re saying.  I’d guess that the issue is your wireless mouse going to sleep, not the plunger interface…  Don’t think anyone has tried it with a wireless mouse(if that’s what you did?).  Not heard of any issues with the mouse plunger software… and surprisingly… a LOT of people are using it, didn’t expect the #’s actually :)

It’s a wired mouse… a Kensington I had some issues with the mouse wheel on.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.

LynnInDenver 
    Participant

20190514_215508

Just one physical change. Got the temporary bezel cut and installed. Just black foamcore. I should be able to use it to measure and cut out a proper panel later. Even with this, it’s a substantial improvement in the appearance of the machine… and it hides that the monitors are just slightly tilted compared to the cab roof and floor.

I’ve gotten Pinup Popper completely set up now, all media is in place except for a couple of wheels for the more recent tables, and all installed tables are set up with the intended POV for the build. I believe my table count is 484 now. I need to decide what I’m going to do for DMD media on non-DMD tables – with an LCD, most of the DMD front end media that’s available out there looks awful.

At this point, we need to get past the Pinball Showdown and Gameroom Expo before I can continue serious work on the cab. I’ll need to buy a set of siderails and glass guides to go on, and find a local place to order a sheet of tempered glass (I’ll probably get a replacement glass for our real pinball while I’m doing that). Oh, and it’ll be time to disassemble this beast to slap some paint and stencils on it.

Nemo 
    Participant

Yeah, looking good ! cant wait to see the artwork on it, curious how it will turn out  :good:

CastilianFly 
    Participant

Nice work on both the pincab and mame cab, clean. Your pedestal mame cab is similar to the one I built. Except like RandR, I only need the 2 player controller setup. Lol

LynnInDenver 
    Participant

And got the first tantalizing hints of DOF running via Pinscape’s LED-WIZ style controls.

LynnInDenver 
    Participant

No video, but I got the LEDs over to the PWM side of the Pinscape… and quickly found out that, while it drives the Start and Extra Ball at an acceptable brightness (they were too bright before), the Launch Ball button lamp is no longer driven bright enough at all (3.2V from the Pinscape, the LED bulbs I use really need at least 5V and are actually happier on 6V). My solution? I still have some wedge bulb adapters from the Comet Pinball lighting modification kits I bought for Solar Ride (since that uses bayonets), so I yanked all the stuff out of one of those housings, stuffed a 5mm red LED I just happened to have in place of the original adapter guts, and wired up a resistor inline with that socket to prevent severely overdriving that LED.

LynnInDenver 
    Participant

20190819_212801

So, side project time. 30 hours of printing later, I have Radiant Silverball’s “icon” logo as a physical object. I just have to consider what sort of stand I need to install to mount it as a topper once the cabinet’s painted.

20190819_212913

For the record, the icon is based (loosely) on the player ships from Radiant Silvergun. Yes, it’s pretty much just four flipper bats attached to a silverball.

goodGRIEFF76 
    Participant

Great job!  I always love seeing builds people have crafted themselves!   Thank you for sharing!

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account