OXO (Williams 1973)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Scottacus
    Participant
      @scottacus
      MembervipContributor

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/oxo-williams-1973-2/

OXO (Williams 1973)

OXO is a Williams tic-tac-toe table that has fun game play and excellent shots coupled with awesome Christian Marche artwork.  The basic premise is to achieve a tic-tac-toe with either X’s or O’s and then land the ball in either saucer for a 5000 point bonus and an extra ball.  Lighting all of the tic-tac-toe squares will enable a replay special with either the left or right middle roll overs.

HauntFreaks has pulled out all of the stops on this one!  His artwork is incredible and the details that he added like primitive cut outs for the targets and leaf switches really enhance the table.  He has also made a new B2S backglass for the table that will also be available to download which also also has third monitor DMD artwork.

This table has a few new features to it that include full integration of DOF for those who have chime units as well as a new (at least for my tables) post-it note with the ablility to enter initials.

There are three user variables that can be altered to change the playing epxperience.  They are all located near the top of the script and include:

FreePlay – set to True for free play or False if you want to coint up

ShowBallShadow – set to True to turn on to enable ball shadows or to False to to deactivate them

PinkFLipperColor- set to True to use pink rubbers on the flippers or set to False to use white rubbers.

Here’s the tean that brought you this table

Script: Scottacus

Artwork: Hauntfreaks

Beta Testing: Xenonph and Thalamus

Chime Testing: Bord

Special thanks to Fren for his excellent VP9 OXO table that got this whole project started!

Total of 32 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Very nice guys! Thank you

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Scottacus
        Participant
          @scottacus
          MembervipContributor

Thanks Randr, for the time being the table is only available here so that I have only one site on which to make corrections if any bugs pop up from the initial downloads.  I had some problems with the Capersville table code and it was a royal pain to have too fix code on three sites.

Your site has some very active EM guys so I’m hoping that they play this table a lot and try to break it any way they can so that the code can be as robust as possible.  HauntFreaks and I are hoping to build many more EM tables and all of my code is portable so these early editions like Capersville and OXO will make future versions more stable.

I’m particularly excited about the chime code for this table.  I know that only a few guys have chime units but building these tables to take advantage of this technology will help push the realism of the simulations forward.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Funny you mention that! I’m going to be installing a chime unit this winter!

for IOS and Android

Scottacus
            Participant
              @scottacus
              MembervipContributor

That’s very cool!  Bord has tested the code and it seems to be working well so I’m planning on revisiting the Capersville table and updating it to the new chime code as well as the new Post It note code so that players can also enter initials with their high scores.

BorgDog
              Participant
                @borgdog
                MemberContributorvip

I’ll be testing out the chimes tonight when I get home.  Looking forward to it! Thanks guys!

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

Well. You are a inspiration to me. I hope some day I’ll be able to move over from doing private mods to where you are, releasing new VPX tables.

Congratulations once again for a job well done !

2 users thanked author for this post.
                  freelunch
                  Participant
                    @freelunch

I remember playing this EM back in my early Future Pinball days. It has one of my favorite scoring rulesets for an EM. Thanks!

STAT
                    Participant
                      @stefanaustria
                      MemberContributor

Super Table ! Haunt and you, more EM … ? :yahoo:
                      And LM with upcoming VP9 Converations … Cab will burning for Xmas :good:

Mark70
                      Participant
                        @mark70

Very good!  Thanks to all!

STAT
                        Participant
                          @stefanaustria
                          MemberContributor

Guys, i don’t understand the complete Controller.vbs, but should be possible to Set 1 of 2 directb2s Files ?
                          What i mean is, to get a random directb2s ( the yellow or the green ) in Script …
                          Anything like this ?

Set Controller = CreateObject(“B2S.Server”)
                          B2SFile = int(rnd(1)*2)+1
                          If B2SFile = 1 Then Controller.B2SName = “OXO – green”
                          Else Controller.B2SName = “OXO – yellow”
                          End If
                          Controller.Run()

vogliadicane
                          Participant
                            @vogliadicane

wow this is really beautiful. The package of table+bg+wheel image is perfect. Thanks a lot! :yes:

Ben Logan2
                            Participant
                              @benlogan2

Those pink rubbers look great (as does the rest of the table, of course!). Beautiful job. Thanks!

BorgDog
                              Participant
                                @borgdog
                                MemberContributorvip

Guys, i don’t understand the complete Controller.vbs, but should be possible to Set 1 of 2 directb2s Files ? What i mean is, to get a random directb2s ( the yellow or the green ) in Script … Anything like this ? Set Controller = CreateObject(“B2S.Server”) B2SFile = int(rnd(1)*2)+1 If B2SFile = 1 Then Controller.B2SName = “OXO – green” Else Controller.B2SName = “OXO – yellow” End If Controller.Run()

I think that’s all handled in controller.vbs, @arngrim would be the one to answer that as he wrote it i believe, don’t know if trying to force one or the other in the table script would work.

Oh, and I’m sure bord will back me up on this, but if you like playing em’s and you have DOF and you don’t have chimes you are seriously missing out on some awesomeness.  Chimes would be last on the list to go if I ever had to cut things out.

Great fun table :good:   need to learn all the rules and how it works.

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Damn you @borgdog im going to install the chime unit now. for me the shaker is best feedback i could not live without it. Chimes will be in my cab within a week or 2 as this tables has pushed me to doing it. DAMN all of you LMAO

********************************************************
                                  for IOS and Android

********************************************************

BorgDog
                                  Participant
                                    @borgdog
                                    MemberContributorvip

Damn you @borgdog im going to install the chime unit now. for me the shaker is best feedback i could not live without it. Chimes will be in my cab within a week or 2 as this tables has pushed me to doing it. DAMN all of you LMAO

Nice!  My recent Close Encounters and Solar Ride will hit the chimes too, as well as all those em’s.

The Loafer
                                    Participant
                                      @theloafer

This looks fantastic downloading in a few min.

Jeesus, so how much do I have to spend to get a chime unit?   F#$%# this expensive hobby! LOL

Seraph
                                      Participant
                                        @seraph

Hey, absolutely beautiful table, thank you

Just some thoughts :

With ball shadows turned off – the ball crossing the rollovers displays a bright image under the ball

If you change the balls from 5 -> 3 you need to change line 590 from

if balls = 5 … to … if balls = balls

Personal setup – was great to be able to hide the post it note on apron, simply commented out the entering initials sub, and postit sub – prefer a clean apron and displaying high score as player1 score on b2s.

Thanks again !

Arngrim
                                        Participant
                                          @arngrim
                                          DOF MinisterMember

@STAT

there is a much easier way to do this, all the controller initialization are done in the vbs, so you just need to define the right cGameName to the controller framework

change cGameName from a Constant to a Dim and then:

if B2SFile = 1 Then

cGameName = “OXO – green”

else

cGameName = “OXO – yellow”

end if

and btw, i don’t have chime toys on my cab, i even shut down the chime mech sounds with the keys and dof menu of vp…  :whistle: :)

HauntFreaks
                                            @hauntfreaks
                                            vipContributorMember

@STAT there is a much easier way to do this, all the controller initialization are done in the vbs, so you just need to define the right cGameName to the controller framework change cGameName from a Constant to a Dim and then: if B2SFile = 1 Then cGameName = “OXO – green” else cGameName = “OXO – yellow” end if and btw, i don’t have chime toys on my cab, i even shut down the chime mech sounds with the keys and dof menu of vp… :whistle: :)

so for this to work (remember i’m a big dummy) I would have to name the B2S files the same as the cGameName ?  ie  OXO – green and OXO – yellow

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 81 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?